Best Kodi builds 2016-present

WorriedNoodle

Hi,

I'm not too experienced of using different builds as they take a while to download so I just ran my own build with my addons selected to stock Kodi.

I recently came to like Gen_Tec build which seems to run well, looks better than what I can do, tho last couple days the UFO part of it is troublesome. I also tried a build called Sublime but whilst it looked sublime, seemed pretty useless as nothing worked for me!?

* Anyway question is what are the favored builds of late? Any pointers to whats worth downloading and generally works? Free stuff of course.

Here's where to start;

https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

After installing the installer look for the add-ons that appeal to you.

I'd recommend FilmOnTV for starters - https://addons.tvaddons.ag/show/plugin.video.F.T.V/

The fusion installer is crammed full decent add-ons so try out as many as you can and uninstall the ones you don't need.

I use Andy's build and just make some minor changes to the start up page like deleting the karaoke, news and other shortcuts I don't like. I also turn off auto play on genius and the one channel.

The builder of Andy's build runs a website called Kodimaster.com ( the repo and wizard for all the builds is in http:/kodimaster.com/repo). He has a bunch of his own builds and also a bunch of 3rd party builds. I stick with Andy's build as I think it's his flagship so it's always updated but some of the other builds are very good as well, but I personally can't be bothered going through the hassle of installing and testing them as Andy's build has everything I use and it dos the job for me.

One thing I would mention is that some of these builds have a lot if bloat ware in them. It doesn't bother me as my box is a Intel NUC with Intel i5 processor 16 mb of ram and a 250gb ssid hard drive running windiws 10 so it doesn't blink at anything Kodi can throw at it. I did try to set up Andy's build on a 3 or 4 year old android MX box and the performance wasn't that great.

• Like 1

I use Andy's build and just make some minor changes to the start up page like deleting the karaoke, news and other shortcuts I don't like. I also turn off auto play on genius and the one channel.

The builder of Andy's build runs a website called Kodimaster.com ( the repo and wizard for all the builds is in http:/kodimaster.com/repo). He has a bunch of his own builds and also a bunch of 3rd party builds. I stick with Andy's build as I think it's his flagship so it's always updated but some of the other builds are very good as well, but I personally can't be bothered going through the hassle of installing and testing them as Andy's build has everything I use and it dos the job for me.

another / is required in the link address

It is easy enough to build your own Kodi as these examples show a version 16.0rc2 , but as said above watch out for bloatware, which seems to affect so many of your builds ..

For added help remember to use the kodi.wiki ( http://kodi.wiki/ ) as it has so much to offer even experienced users. The Thai addons as usual can be found in my tvaddons.ag repo here https://forums.tvaddons.ag/mx-repository/20851-release-mx-live-thai-tv-video-addon.html

Happy building ..

post-63721-0-91196400-1455072688_thumb.p

post-63721-0-02086700-1455072703_thumb.p

post-63721-0-65635100-1455072719_thumb.p

post-63721-0-87970800-1455072743_thumb.p

post-63721-0-84345000-1455072807_thumb.p

post-63721-0-86789000-1455072830_thumb.p

post-63721-0-65776300-1455072950_thumb.p

post-63721-0-10640700-1455072970_thumb.p

post-63721-0-45915200-1455072984_thumb.p

post-63721-0-45046400-1455073004_thumb.p

I'm looking for builds to just download and boom, they work.

Gen-tec is working again with new build guide/IPTV at least - haven't had time to look at other builds yet but will follow some specific builds mentioned here thanks. That'll do for now.

The IsreaLive TV has a much larger selection of Thai channels if anyone interested.

It is easy enough to build your own Kodi as these examples show a version 16.0rc2 , but as said above watch out for bloatware, which seems to affect so many of your builds ..

For added help remember to use the kodi.wiki ( http://kodi.wiki/ ) as it has so much to offer even experienced users. The Thai addons as usual can be found in my tvaddons.ag repo here https://forums.tvaddons.ag/mx-repository/20851-release-mx-live-thai-tv-video-addon.html

Happy building ..

Which skin is that you are using, as you are able to add so many menu items to the home screen.

I read somewhere that it may be CC Helix, but I can't find any download for it.

Thanks JONCI for the "Wiki" suggestion.

I have a KR42 (aka cs918, rk3188) Android box.10mps True ADSL in Bangkok.

I set up Kodi via instructions I found on YT and it seemed to work OK at first...I was able to watch a few recent movies clear and without buffering. Then it went to hell. Can't get anything to play no matter what I selcted, even the things that had worked before.. I really can't seem to get my head around all the terminology..."Builds", "Ad-ons", "Repos", "A"side.."B" side ect. I just don't have a clear picture of how it all works.

I think in trying to correct my problems, I may have messed things up more. I really don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Would I be best starting over? Do a "Factory Reset" of my box and try again from square one rather than trying to tinker with what I have? If anybody can point me to a really clear, non technical, step by step tutorial, I'd be really grateful. Most of the ones I've looked at always seem to leave some key bit of information out or some menu isn't the same or they just assume you know something that you don't. I will take a good look at that "wiki" and see if I can learn something.

BTW..what is a good "Ad-on" or whatever it is for Thai TV?

Thanks JONCI for the "Wiki" suggestion.

I have a KR42 (aka cs918, rk3188) Android box.10mps True ADSL in Bangkok.

I set up Kodi via instructions I found on YT and it seemed to work OK at first...I was able to watch a few recent movies clear and without buffering. Then it went to hell. Can't get anything to play no matter what I selcted, even the things that had worked before.. I really can't seem to get my head around all the terminology..."Builds", "Ad-ons", "Repos", "A"side.."B" side ect. I just don't have a clear picture of how it all works.

I think in trying to correct my problems, I may have messed things up more. I really don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Would I be best starting over? Do a "Factory Reset" of my box and try again from square one rather than trying to tinker with what I have? If anybody can point me to a really clear, non technical, step by step tutorial, I'd be really grateful. Most of the ones I've looked at always seem to leave some key bit of information out or some menu isn't the same or they just assume you know something that you don't. I will take a good look at that "wiki" and see if I can learn something.

BTW..what is a good "Ad-on" or whatever it is for Thai TV?

No need to do a factory reset of your box. Just go into settings, kodi, then clear data. This will not erase kodi from your box but will give you a clear platform to start again. May I suggest installing the "ares wizard" there are many builds on there that will update themselves or you can use the addon section and choose your own addons instead of installing the whole repo

dddave

if kodi is on an android box, go the settings, apps, kodi and then ' clear data' that will give you a fresh version of kodi, then either put on a ' build' which is a version of kodi that someone has built; and comes preinstalled with addons that are preset to work 'out of the box',

an addon is a 'program' that is installed on Kodi to do a job.ie get movies or to get tv shows.

a 'repo' is a repository that contains addons and some have builds, a good repo is ares wizard, or super repo. a good addon is 'specto' , as to a and b sides i'm as lost as you

some builds i have been trying today are 'the beast' , 'spinztv', 'spinz titan' , 'royalist' , 'streetwise' , 'the hit list' .

you tube is your friend for all things kodi, look at ' tech tamaruu' , 'kraz inabox' , 'joeNobody010101' and others

• Like 1

Thanks Steve,

So an Add-on is a collection of specific content, a build is a collection of Add-ons and a Repo is a collection of builds...that makes things a little clearer.

I did a re-install of Kodi and did only the "Add-On Installer. Seems to be working OK now. I'm going to thake the suggestion of "J Holmes" in another Kodi thread and keep it as simple ans uncluttered as possible, maybe learn to do maintenance.

Any suggestions for Thai content?

Thanks Steve,

So an Add-on is a collection of specific content, a build is a collection of Add-ons and a Repo is a collection of builds...that makes things a little clearer.

I suggest you read Steve's post one more time, slowly this time, maybe then you can comprehend what he wrote because he didn't wrote what you just say.

To be honest, if you don't know what you're doing, as you say in your other post, Kodi isn't for you.

A build is a your basic Kodi software programmed by a third party by which they do all the work of downloading the repos that contain all the add-ons and then installing a bunch of those add ons to give you a fully loaded version of Kodi.

Any build will contain what the creator of that build "thinks" a fully loaded version of Kodi is. Most 3rd party builders generally throw in the kitchen sink in terms of add ons as they try to make something for everyone. That makes some builds large and bloated. Generally you will find that you end up using 3 or 4 addons for most of your viewing and 100's of addons that the builder put in the system are just left there.

Most builds have the same set of addons included but I use builds because good builds set up your home screens set up your Libiary and add artwork and link every thing into your screensaver. They set up services like subtitles etc etc . Even great builds may require some tweaking, I turn automatic play feature off, I adjust the audio output to be used through my AV receiver and delete a few shortcuts from the main home screen that I don't use.

Finally pretty much all builds are FREE, people create them because they love doing it. Some builders are chasing Kodi community fame, some builders are obsessed with creating the perfect system, some want to provide a system so you can get rid of the cable company etc etc

Thanks Steve,

I suggest you read Steve's post one more time, slowly this time, maybe then you can comprehend what he wrote because he didn't wrote what you just say.

To be honest, if you don't know what you're doing, as you say in your other post, Kodi isn't for you.

I would disagree with your last statement. Using Kodi does require some basic inteigence but it can be as simple as you want or as complex as you want. It's like using a program like Microsoft excel it takes a little bit of practice to build a basic spreadsheet though it's not rocket science, but if you want to start building macros and linking tables it can get complicated fast.

Thanks Steve,

I thank you for pointing out my misunderstanding of Steve's post.

I don't appreciate the unnecessary condescending tone.

The purpose of this forum is exchange of information.

No need to be snotty about it.

Thanks Steve,

I thank you for pointing out my misunderstanding of Steve's post.

I don't appreciate the unnecessary condescending tone.

The purpose of this forum is exchange of information.

No need to be snotty about it.

If you want to exchange information about Kodi go to a Kodi related forum, not a Thailand related forum.

I don't give a flying feg what you appreciate or not. The truth often hurt.

Here's where to start;

https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

After installing the installer look for the add-ons that appeal to you.

I'd recommend FilmOnTV for starters - https://addons.tvaddons.ag/show/plugin.video.F.T.V/

The fusion installer is crammed full decent add-ons so try out as many as you can and uninstall the ones you don't need.

the installer is indeed a useful tool. i would not reccommend the tvmc build unless you are a complete neophyte though.

its cluttered and seems to have issues with installing certain addons.

as for other builds, im not really interested in pretty skins as i am content.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/10/2016 at 10:01 AM, joncl said:

Happy building ..

screenshot241.png

screenshot240.png

screenshot239.png

screenshot238.png

screenshot237.png

screenshot235.png

screenshot234.png

screenshot233.png

screenshot232.png

screenshot231.png

I am new to this, but I cannot figure out how to install this from kodi, would appreciate the info!

• 4 weeks later...