BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
WorriedNoodle

Best Kodi builds 2016/2017

Yes, buffering is a good point, although there are also live YouTube channels that still do far better than some of these add-ons on Kodi (maybe they have larger buffer !?), so we go back to the source issue.

I don't see how having a faster internet will help to connect to those faraway servers than Singapore, after all my faster speed is only from/to my ISP server/hub, my subscription doesn't give me more speed if the ISP server has bandwidth issue to connect to those faraway servers... !?

Edited by Agusts

25 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Yes, buffering is a good point, although there are also live YouTube channels that still do far better than some of these add-ons on Kodi (maybe they have larger buffer !?), so we go back to the source issue.

I don't see how having a faster internet will help to connect to those faraway servers than Singapore, after all my faster speed is only from/to my ISP server/hub, my subscription doesn't give me more speed if the ISP server has bandwidth issue to connect to those faraway servers... !?

Your download speed to Singapore will be a multiple of the download speed to Europe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agusts said:

If you are with 3BB, they do have an option which they don't advertise, and their kiosk staff seem to have never heard of, which gives you a better/faster/bigger bandwidth connection to international servers. It costs you more of course, 960฿ compared to 590 (?) for their normal deal, you would have to ring their call centre to sign up probably. Of course, if it is the old copper wire to your house, dangling off bamboo poles that is slowing you down, it won't help you ....

On 5/10/2018 at 10:49 PM, MikeN said:

If you are with 3BB, they do have an option which they don't advertise, and their kiosk staff seem to have never heard of, which gives you a better/faster/bigger bandwidth connection to international servers. It costs you more of course, 960฿ compared to 590 (?) for their normal deal, you would have to ring their call centre to sign up probably. Of course, if it is the old copper wire to your house, dangling off bamboo poles that is slowing you down, it won't help you ....

Maybe you are talking about something different but I pay 1200 baht for 200 Mbps download and get that with LAN and Wifi.

Posted (edited)

The build I have is no longer working, or rather the addons have either moved or are no longer supported.

Admittedly it hasn't been used or updated in 2 years.

I was thinking about a fresh install of Kodi 18 and trying to find some working addons to populate it with.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a new build that is lite and easy and and working well?

Edited by Encid