BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
WorriedNoodle

Best Kodi builds 2016/2017

The Ares Wizard has moved.

Watch this video on how to install the Ares Repository & Wizard on Kodi Krypton 17.1. 

On 28/03/2017 at 3:10 PM, Jai Dee said:

I actually find the iLikeHD app much easier to get the Thai TV channels.  No need to go into Kodi to either install or, more importantly, select the channels. I find the Israel Live TV to be one of the poorer add-ons out there, especially for it's menus.  There  may be a couple of channels missing on iLike.  Not sure as we don't use it much having an AIS Playbox (which we don't use much either 555).

Edited by SooKee

On 4/12/2017 at 11:48 AM, SooKee said:

I actually find the iLikeHD app much easier to get the Thai TV channels.  No need to go into Kodi to either install or, more importantly, select the channels. I find the Israel Live TV to be one of the poorer add-ons out there, especially for it's menus.  There  may be a couple of channels missing on iLike.  Not sure as we don't use it much having an AIS Playbox (which we don't use much either 555).

We have a topic somewhere in this Forum for Thai TV.

This topic is for Kodi builds.

16 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

We have a topic somewhere in this Forum for Thai TV.

This topic is for Kodi builds.

Appreciate that, posted the comment merely because you posted the link #32 about installing an add-on for Thai TV and IMO the iLike HD app actually does that better.  I find that Israel TV one of the worst add-ons I've ever used.

I normally avoid builds like the plague but I'm really tempted to give that No Limits build a try on a spare device, mainly to see how fast it is, how well maintained it is and how much it drags down daily in terms of thumbs etc.  Problem is, as with a lot of builds, loads of stuff that's of no interest to me so I'd just be concerned that some of it is overely resource intensive clutter.

Edited by SooKee

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

I'm really tempted to give that No Limits build a try on a spare device, mainly to see how fast it is,

Make sure that you get the right build for your Kodi version.

The problem with a lot of links and YouTube videos are that they are soon out of date, as versions are updated and repo sources move.

Try this build... it is lean and lite but has some pretty good features.

• Like 1

Heres best build for latest kodi17

You have to try BOB addon in it for movies.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Xaos said:

Heres best build for latest kodi17

You have to try BOB addon in it for movies.

BOB is a great video addon. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Make sure that you get the right build for your Kodi version.

The problem with a lot of links and YouTube videos are that they are soon out of date, as versions are updated and repo sources move.

Try this build... it is lean and lite but has some pretty good features.

I'll take a look at that build too.  Installed the No Limits Magic version, just for a try.  Normally I just stick with a base install plus Exodus, SALTS and MP3 Streams, together with the various paid service apps I use.  Works fine for what I need and I prefer to avoid builds mostly as there's so much in them I can't think it'll do anything but slow the device down.  As indeed, did NLM, in addition to crashing it a few times.

NLM sure looks flashy with some great artwork.  But, NOW I remember SLOW.  I'd put it on a clean install of Kodi.  Selecting a show and episode to watch took a good couple of minutes to go through each of the stages from the popular show icons that float over the selector bar until the episode finally played.  I saw it actually adding the step of Exodus as it went through that to get to the streams but it took way longer than a bare bones version and Exodus direct.  The artwork and metadata is all well and good but I'm not really bothered in looking at walls of the stuff until I actually select a movie / series when both Exodus and SALTS will display it from TMDB or the TVDB.  I'm only interested in watching or listening to media, not looking at the box they're in. I know the shows I want to watch and have them stacked in a 'Current' list on TrakTV so when I open either SALTS or Exodus they're there, and TrakTV will show me whether there's new episodes or not.  The other link you posted looks more lean as you say.  Not sure what it is though but I've really gone off the old Confluence skin layout.  Pretty hard for the designers to do much by way of visual appeal without using it though I guess. I hated the 17 / Estuary layout at first but now couldn't go back.

All depends what you want out of a media centre I suppose (and of course Kodi's original name was XBMC - Xbox Media Centre).  I've no need for kids stuff or live TV, all down to individual choice, so I've no need slow the box down with, what in my case, would just be clutter.  I'd definitely be wary of Israel LIVE though. 

What's so good about BOB?  Does it do anything more / better than SALTS etc.?  Always happy to try other add-ons, mostly I don't simply because I just get complacent with what I have and simply can't be bothered.

Edited by SooKee

Try

This guy is author of BOB and he do best builds.

For 16.1 try Dapulse its amazing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I dont instal builds on my Kodi as I don't like the way it takes over the system. I prefer to cherry pick what I need.

Have got noobs and nerds repo already installed…BOB must be hiding in there somewhere.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Try

DAX 17

Wow!

Animated backgrounds!

:ohmy:

I must give that one a try.