Where to buy British Shorthair kitten ?

bkmbkk

Please do not support pet breeders or those horrible shops that keep animals in small cages. Soi dog will have kittens up for adoption for free, so please give a needy kitten a home. ( you might donate, too.)

They are located out in Thalang, past the airport turnoff. Heading north on rte 4020, there is a sign to turn left, it'll be a couple of kilometers and 2 roads past the main airport road

https://www.soidog.org/

Fairly often, there are adverts for free kittens on the various Phuket Facebook groups.

I imagine that the Phuket Gazette online classifieds might be a place to look as well.

All of the kittens are "Heinz 57 Varieties" but most of the kittens have a more British looking face than Oriental type, according to breed specs.

Unless you absolutely must have a pedigree cat you can find a loving kitty for free!

biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

Please do not support pet breeders or those horrible shops that keep animals in small cages. Soi dog will have kittens up for adoption for free, so please give a needy kitten a home. ( you might donate, too.) They are located out in Thalang, past the airport turnoff. Heading north on rte 4020, there is a sign to turn left, it'll be a couple of kilometers and 2 roads past the main airport road https://www.soidog.org/

Yes there is a lot of kittens and puppy's there right now for the right owner.thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

Try fishing the ads in local stores and restaurants you might get lucky.

Poor birdies, thats all I'm going to say. Poor kitty too. Snakes, ticks, humidity and heat, dogs, poisens, rats bigger than cats.

Am not aware of any quality pet shops in Phuket at all.

have only seen adverts by private breeders for dogs, but you have no way of knowing the quality of these breeders.

let the cat be reincarnated somewhere nice, like Portugal or Spain.

• 10 months later...

People will pay 45 k Baht STARTING price for a CAT?!?!?!.. 

And, when there are thousands of cats  and kittens that need a home for FREE.  Seems a bit immoral for someone to say they are a cat lover to encourage breeding more when there is a never ending supply and homeless ones.... and paying so much money for a cat just because its got a 'pedigree' seems crazy. 

On 17/02/2016 at 6:22 PM, KarenBravo said:

The person wants a British short-hair cat. Not a mixed breed.

I doubt they would come on here asking for info if they wanted a stray.

Yes, and I wanted a professional sandstone cleaner but I still had many posts from you telling me to buy a pressure washer and do it myself even after I'd already told you I'd done that and didn't want to do it again.

5 hours ago, dageurreotype said:

Yes, and I wanted a professional sandstone cleaner but I still had many posts from you telling me to buy a pressure washer and do it myself even after I'd already told you I'd done that and didn't want to do it again.

Let it go........you'll feel much better.

Google this

" ขาย ลูก แมว british shorthair " You will get a lot of hits in Thai and English, many with facebook pages.

There are quite a few reputable breeders in Bkk. But be prepared to pay well for good pedigree. Luckily Brit and American shorthairs are quite common so not as pricey as some of the 'trendy' breeds like Sphinx, Bengal and Scottish Fold.

You will still need to do some due diligence and check before buying. I visited a few breeders before buying a Maine Coon kitten last year. Shortly after that I was given a lovely pedigree Scottish fold cross by a friend. 

I've had a few generic Thai cats too over the years.. they are great characters.

Good luck with your search.

IMG_4101.JPG

Archived