Dating in Cambodia

eldragon

Hookers ? Maybe foreigners don't need to marry them in Cambodia as anybody can 1 year visa easily (no marriage visa needed) ?

You are right...Hookers are for bucking there. No need to marry a hooker and risk losing everything your last ex-wife didnt get just to try to stay and own land like a lot of men do in Thailand. You can extend your visa indefinately for 300 a year. No need to worry about depositing money in an account bullshit. 800,000 baht is a nice ranch style house in cambodia. Eventually Thailand ends up with all that you try to loophole around to keep. Silly Rabbits...Tricks Are For Kids...

Was not aware people in Thailand were marrying hookers solely to get the marriage visa. Is that a thing? I always figured they are just fools that cant see what kind of girl is in front of them, or they believe they can change em.

plenty to gogo.. all local spots- need to speak khmer

Dancing naked girls? I found plenty of beer bars.

I will have to learn Khmer. I missed out.

Damn

Dont count on nake girls dancing in cambodia. It is, not only against the law but, shunned by khmer culture for a khmer gitl to dance naked.

plenty to gogo.. all local spots- need to speak khmer

Dancing naked girls? I found plenty of beer bars.

I will have to learn Khmer. I missed out.

Damn

Dont count on nake girls dancing in cambodia. It is, not only against the law but, shunned by khmer culture for a khmer gitl to dance naked.

A couple of delightful Khmer girls I knew weren't aware of that cultural violation.....fortunately. When a woman feels comfortable with a guy, social conditioning comes a poor second to sexual gratification!! Again, fortunately. My experience is that anything goes, in any culture, when one, male or female, becomes a little randy, and whilst I have no experience with women from the religion of peace, a good friend does, and he assures me the same 'rule' applies..

But is it socially acceptable for middle class Cambodian to have a foreigner boyfriend ?

did not see a middle ground dating scene when i was there, only freelancers.
did not see any places at all that looked like normal people hookup/meeting spots, only dirty bars.

good luck in your search

That's because you have no idea what to look for. Good Khmer girls don't go to bars and nightclubs. You meet good Khmer girls everywhere - working in shops, on buses, working in offices, etc. If you're looking for a "hook up" spot in Asia - you're going to find prostitutes; if you're looking for a partner rather than a quick bang - you're going to find them absolutely everywhere you look. Cambodia is yet to have its "summer of love" and casual sex isn't a thing there (yet).

My experience was that the Cambodian girls , on average , had larger boobs than Thai girls.

A lot wore a silver chain under their clothes which they left on in bed - something different to other SE Asian women and quite sexy.

But I didnt find them as playful or provocative as Thai women ...maybe the Catholic French had brought 'original sin' to their culture a long time ago , but they were never as relaxed and 'naughty' in the room as their Thai sisters. ( With the exception of one ! 555)

Still , they werent big drinkers or big consumers or eaters , so they werent as expensive either .

Most had studied dance at temples and were quite flexible , and somewhat quiet .

But is it socially acceptable for middle class Cambodian to have a foreigner boyfriend ?

did not see a middle ground dating scene when i was there, only freelancers.

did not see any places at all that looked like normal people hookup/meeting spots, only dirty bars.

good luck in your search

That's because you have no idea what to look for. Good Khmer girls don't go to bars and nightclubs. You meet good Khmer girls everywhere - working in shops, on buses, working in offices, etc. If you're looking for a "hook up" spot in Asia - you're going to find prostitutes; if you're looking for a partner rather than a quick bang - you're going to find them absolutely everywhere you look. Cambodia is yet to have its "summer of love" and casual sex isn't a thing there (yet).

Completely acceptable as long as it's handled in line with social expectations. The Khmer only really have major issues with the Vietnamese (shocking when you realize that 1 in 6 people in Cambodia is ethnically Vietnamese) - everyone else is fine.

• 4 weeks later...

A big part of living in Asia is meeting women. I don't drink or smoke so bars have no appeal nor do hookers.

I use a few free dating sites in Thai and this fills my boots with office girls.

Any recommended dating sites for PP?

khmer girls dont like to text and message as much as others.. from wht ive experienced..

in cambodia u have to get out behind the pc.. if she has an pc or a smart phone, she either is a bar girl or doesnt want to talk to u bc she already has enough $ and is looking for something serious.

kind of kidding but theres some reality to it.. most girls just dont have the $ for a dating site or smartphone.. and there really isnt one here.

there are a couple but not many #'s of girls, same as apps..( try badoo, tinder for apps..

online, not much going on,, dateinasia.com, has some in pp.

best thing to do is man up and find some at the coffee shops, markets, malls.. plenty beautiful ones.. just gotta talk.. dont have to be pissed with a beer.

A big part of living in Asia is meeting women. I don't drink or smoke so bars have no appeal nor do hookers.

I use a few free dating sites in Thai and this fills my boots with office girls.

khmer girls dont like to text and message as much as others.. from wht ive experienced..

in cambodia u have to get out behind the pc.. if she has an pc or a smart phone, she either is a bar girl or doesnt want to talk to u bc she already has enough $ and is looking for something serious.

kind of kidding but theres some reality to it.. most girls just dont have the $ for a dating site or smartphone.. and there really isnt one here.

there are a couple but not many #'s of girls, same as apps..( try badoo, tinder for apps..

best thing to do is man up and find some at the coffee shops, markets, malls.. plenty beautiful ones.. just gotta talk.. dont have to be pissed with a beer.

Great advice. I mean no disrespect to the Khmers but is it safe to say that many would like to be swept off their feet by a foreigner? I felt that in Philippines largely. I like online dating because at least we both know we're single and looking.

I find all these characterizations sheer b.s.

Been to Cambodia...met good ladies.

Been to Thailand, and married a good one. She has none of the negative characteristics that Siem Reaper paints on Thai ladies. (Wife was never a hooker...and neither were the ones in Cambodia)

Even back home, you have ladies from all walks. (Smart, dumb, introvert, extrovert, big noms, small..etc)

I would agree that the mainstream ladies in Cambodia are less likely to mix readily with farangs....and the few higher classed ones are going to marry khmer, same as higher class thai ladies are (most likely) going for thais. That is pretty similar.

Casual sex...well, I would say both Thai's and Khmer girls do it....but not with farangs...unless it is in their job description. You just don't see it, as it is kept quiet. Probably not a whole lot of 21 year old virgins in either country.

I find all these characterizations sheer b.s.

Been to Cambodia...met good ladies.

Been to Thailand, and married a good one. She has none of the negative characteristics that Siem Reaper paints on Thai ladies. (Wife was never a hooker...and neither were the ones in Cambodia)

Even back home, you have ladies from all walks. (Smart, dumb, introvert, extrovert, big noms, small..etc)

I would agree that the mainstream ladies in Cambodia are less likely to mix readily with farangs....and the few higher classed ones are going to marry khmer, same as higher class thai ladies are (most likely) going for thais. That is pretty similar.

Casual sex...well, I would say both Thai's and Khmer girls do it....but not with farangs...unless it is in their job description. You just don't see it, as it is kept quiet. Probably not a whole lot of 21 year old virgins in either country.

True in the sense that most girls that age in Southeast Asia are already married, so they would've lost it with their husbands, but that's BS on the other hand, as I personally know girls in that age group that are virgins. It seems like there's always some witty farang who wants to come into the thread and rain on everyone's virgin parade.

YES, for the "old-fashioned' farang wanting a virgin wife, you CAN get one in Southeast Asia if you're smart enough.

Who pays a dating website or application in 2016 ? he/she must be very stupid.

• 1 month later...

I must have visited a different Cambo to other people here,as I find Khmer girls friendly,beautiful,shapely,great lovers pretty much insatiable if Cambo had decent internet I would live there in a heartbeat,as my work relies on a stable connection!(Praying someone will tell me they have now?)
For me they are the prettiest girls of all in South-East Asia have small noses being descended form the Indians the beautiful dark skin and yes,the holy SEA grail big boobs! used to joke that in Thailand you have to actually speak to the girls first which was a drag as Cambo girls just jump on you!Maybe I am just an extremely Hansum man as the Thai girls often tell me I don't know?If you cannot get a beautiful,fun,friendly and shapely girl in Cambo I think it's time to check your pulse,as you may not have one?
Seriously if anyone can give me some info on decent,stable internet in PP I'd be very grateful as I've heard stories of fibre optics from Vietnam in Sihanoukville but I don't really want to live there,as I believe they've torn down all the beach bars now and the Dolphin was my favourite?

intheclub.gif
(Yes I know it wasn't a hangout for girls studying for their Masters Degrees but it was great fun!)
In short,some of the most beautiful women I've ever met were in Cambodia,I love the place! smile.png

Hello,

Fiber in Sianoukville ? Really ?

But not in PP ? How is internet on 3G phone or 4G now ?

People do not complain so much about internet reliability now, do you have updates ?

Thank you.

I must have visited a different Cambo to other people here,as I find Khmer girls friendly,beautiful,shapely,great lovers pretty much insatiable if Cambo had decent internet I would live there in a heartbeat,as my work relies on a stable connection!(Praying someone will tell me they have now?)
For me they are the prettiest girls of all in South-East Asia have small noses being descended form the Indians the beautiful dark skin and yes,the holy SEA grail big boobs! used to joke that in Thailand you have to actually speak to the girls first which was a drag as Cambo girls just jump on you!Maybe I am just an extremely Hansum man as the Thai girls often tell me I don't know?If you cannot get a beautiful,fun,friendly and shapely girl in Cambo I think it's time to check your pulse,as you may not have one?
Seriously if anyone can give me some info on decent,stable internet in PP I'd be very grateful as I've heard stories of fibre optics from Vietnam in Sihanoukville but I don't really want to live there,as I believe they've torn down all the beach bars now and the Dolphin was my favourite?

intheclub.gif
(Yes I know it wasn't a hangout for girls studying for their Masters Degrees but it was great fun!)
In short,some of the most beautiful women I've ever met were in Cambodia,I love the place! smile.png

intheclub.gif

I cannot contribute to the subject of this thread, but the Internet in Kampot is blazingly good. Fibre Optic connection for $30.- a month (pay 10 months get 2 free, +free installation etc..) better than what I had in the UK (though that may have more to do with pikey's constantly nicking the cables.)

Hello,

Fiber in Sianoukville ? Really ?

But not in PP ? How is internet on 3G phone or 4G now ?

People do not complain so much about internet reliability now, do you have updates ?

Thank you.

intheclub.gif

Yes I read somewhere that fibre optic connections from Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam are available in Sihanoukville and I know HCMH has fast,stable internet it's the second best in South-East Asia after Thailand! smile.png

intheclub.gif

I cannot contribute to the subject of this thread, but the Internet in Kampot is blazingly good. Fibre Optic connection for $30.- a month (pay 10 months get 2 free, +free installation etc..) better than what I had in the UK (though that may have more to do with pikey's constantly nicking the cables.)

Maybe it's the same fibre optics from HCMC that they have in Snooky?Anyway can you please tell me which company it's with and do you know if they have the same in PP?I will Google it anyway and maybe give them a call,it probably depends where you live in PP I imagine but thanks for the good info all the same! smile.png

How is Kampot anyway,I've always wanted to visit but only ever ended up in the 3 main centres PP,Snooky and SR,it seemed quite difficult to get to Kampot for transport links but obviously that has all changed now?

• 1 month later...

Cambodian and Thai women come from totally different cultures, Cambodians being still much more traditional versus Thais who are 50 years ahead.

There's also a different attitude toward foreigners, in Thailand foreigners have a bad reputation because of the massive prostitution industry and a subgroup of people this caters to,

a lot of Thais are fed up with that. In contrast there's nothing like this in Cambodia, so ordinary Cambodians are much friendlier and more interested in foreigners than Thais.

I think this is the reason Cambodian women are more loyal and caring.

Other than that as with any race, the women all have very different personalities. I would say 95% of a human being is their individual personality, and 5% is their culture, I've had Cambodian

girlfriend, some were really smart, others were really stupid. Some were great in bed and loved to do it, others did not seem to like it too much. Some were great cooks, other sucked at cooking,

Some were honest, some liked to lie all the time, etc...

One major thing I learned in Cambodia: some women have excellent communication skills and even if you have only 20 words in common you can have a great time together. Others do not, and

communication with them is a huge pain.

So in fact there's not much you can generalize besides about 5%, which is the culture of the entire nation, not just women.

What I can tell you is that 90% of English speaking streetwalkers are criminals (especially drugs, theft), and a lot of guys make the mistake of thinking these are nice Cambodian girls.

Nice Cambodian girls are virgins until marriage and do not speak English, and would be too shy to ever talk to a foreigner. There is no casual dating between normal Cambodian women and foreigners,

so I agree with other that it's either all in, or ladies of the night. However, Cambodia is growing up fast, and there are always exceptions to the rule.

• 11 months later...
On 5/29/2016 at 0:57 PM, tuonsai said:

Nice Cambodian girls are virgins until marriage and do not speak English, and would be too shy to ever talk to a foreigner. There is no casual dating between normal Cambodian women and foreigners,

so I agree with other that it's either all in, or ladies of the night. However, Cambodia is growing up fast, and there are always exceptions to the rule.

Funny, this is also what some still think about Thai in 2017 :-)

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2016 at 7:13 AM, TheSiemReaper said:

In my experience...

I'd say that Khmer women are generally less avaricious than Thais (they have lower expectations to be fair - Cambodia is poorer and so are most of the barang it attracts). They tend to be good fun and more mature than Thais (never dated a Khmer who threw a hissy fit over nothing - but dated plenty of Thais who have). They're less worldly-wise than Thais but in general - if you're not dating ladies of the night... they're also better educated for their positions in life. I never met a Thai waitress who could discuss philosophy, science or even business management (and in English) - I met dozens of Khmer who could. In general Khmer speak better English than Thais across the board (in big cities - the countryside is another matter).

Having said that Thais are more passionate, they're more sexually mature too (I think they've seen more porn to be honest) and fiery. I find Thais are funnier and more mischievous than Khmer. I also think that in general Thais are a little bit better looking than Khmer but... there are many exceptions to that rule on either side of the line.

I agree with some of that. I was married to a Khmer and she wrote the book on throwing hissy fits over nothing!  Not saying they’re all like that though might just have been her. I find Thais are more sexually adventurous, fun and nurturing. My current GF (Thai) is a lot more mature and gentle natured she also seems to be more reserved in terms of expressing her feelings. Sure there’s plenty exceptions to both observations though. 

Archived