The Poor And Sometimes Forgotten Foreigners From Isaan.....

lostinisaan

I was glad to hear of the site farang-deaths.com and submitted a case today even though the farang was not ripped off. It does seem the home country family or at least an influential member ripped off the Thai wife.

Wills are important along with due diligence as suggested by many.

I have been married to an Isaan Thai for 21 years and together for nearly 25 nears. She has never tried to rip me off, although her family also wanted more than she or I wanted to give even though we were always there in times of calamity. Face is a big issue in Isaan. We learned to give when we wanted to and to ignore unreasonable requests. We always discuss the situation and have no problems agreeing.

To my benefit, we were together outside Thailand the first fifteen years, and only began to live in Thailand part time thereafter.

Be diligent and prepared.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And all of these sometimes very tragic stories usually began with the sweet smile of a bar girl.

The worst rip-off story I’ve heard was a “good” Chinese lady from a very fine important family, and the second worst was not a bargirl.
However, it’s not just rip-off, it’s merely as some authors describe it “depositing the brain in the airport” – in almost all cases and stories I know, it’s been “blue eyed” men choosing the easy way, instead of covering their finances and/or investments; "investing more in Thailand, than they can afford to loose"...
But saying that, the stories are sad, and I also know quite a few who has lost all their savings, everything, and has nothing to return too – one even had debt, as he had borrowed money back home to finance his investments in his Thai restaurant (owned by his wife). My girlfriend and I both heard his version and her version, and they sounded like two completely different stories; so also hard to say, which one was the truth – I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle...?
I’ve met both good so-called bargirls in long lasting happy relationships; and their opposites, just taking as-much-as-they-can here-and-now, while waiting for some “younger, more handsome, and more rich” man to show up.
Yes, I’ve seen a number of sad men, probably like the ones OP mention, who really could need some help – and often did get it from friends, before they were sent back home to nothing by aid from their embassy – so I appreciate OP and his organization helping those sad old fellows...

That's sad stuff. Even if they've made their own bed, it must be pretty harsh to have to live with the consequences in what can be an unforgiving place.

Good on you for going out of your way to help others like that.

Amen to that..."there but for the Grace of God, go I".

I am a guy who definitely believed "it could never happen to me"....but one day it did. Nothing to do with being ripped off by a lady (but I have had that experience too on more than one occasion)...it was a far more serious thing. Never ever again will I say, think, or believe...."it could never happen to me".

PS. Well done OP and all my prayers and good wishes are with you. Keep me in mind if you need a listening ear sometime.

PPS, What you are giving to these people is support, for me probably one of the most important words in the dictionary. It is hard to imagine how important it is until one day you find out that you don't have any.

Most rip offs are from old Moe's that date broads 25+ years younger. Surprise??? Seriously??? Natural selection. If you're 55 with a beer belly, no hair, short, zero personality etc. and you have a 30 year old farm girl?? You're doomed. Ain't no fool like an old fool.

Rather than fire back with angry retorts simply realize this is just one more warning about the possibility of being screwed over by a Thai woman and their accomplices.

I say accomplices because most often the Thai woman herself is not capable of orchestrating everything involved rather they are surrounded by people ( family members, friends etc ) that encourage them to take what they feel they are entitled to take with no remorse.

Obviously, not all Thai women are the way they are often described in a negative light ...while that is not rocket science to know and understand that...but.... the truth be told there are far too many of them that are not to be trusted while many of them actually do have a plan for the naïve farang that they know well is vulnerable and at a big disadvantage.

And, as pointed out ( once again ) most of the cases involve former bar girls who become the wife of a farang while it is all about the money and they are very clever and calculated and callous about it while the whole affair was all part of a often somewhat elaborate plan or scheme to milk the foreigner of their money while they are not alone in orchestrating the whole nasty affair.

Seldom will the foreigner get any sympathy from Thai people or the Thai authorities while other Farang criticize them for their supposed foolishness as if it will never happen to them...just because their wife or GF is supposedly above such skullduggery and also believe they are too smart to let themselves be taken to the cleaners by a Thai women.

Point is, it happens and it happens all to often so be forewarned ( once again ) and learn from other peoples somewhat self inflicted problem you could also possibly create for yourself if and when you do get married to a Thai women...regardless of her back ground, but obviously if she is a bar girl then you are increasing your chances 5 to 10 fold of being ripped off ...sooner or later......some way or somehow....as often is the case.

Cheers

This guy must be a Troll or if Not he needs to Go Home because he's Nuts! Give ThaiVisa a Break and start growing rice! Don't

forget to get a Work permit! Please cancel your Internet Connection! Thank You!

May be a little slow here ---- which guy? Just another observation for everyone...........hind vision is always 20/20

lets get this straight. old farang from most countries get a pension which goes a long way in thailand. basic hotel room, food from7/11,lotus, etc, easily covered so even if the ex-wife wiped them absolutely clean, come next pension payment their basic needs are met and they can go forward. so where is the problem?

from what ive seen the problem is theyre unable to wash,cook or clean for themselves so they go straight out and find another parasite.....usually with the same MO as the last one.

I'm unsure what the OP is looking for. Donations to a charity for distressed falangs in Issan? Forget it, charity begins at home. And "administrative costs" can absorb up to 90% of donations.

If the distressed falangs are not au fait with PC's, internet shops here are very inexpensive, 10 - 30 baht per hour. However, does a falang need a work permit to teach other falangs how to use the internet?

I'm following a couple of financial principles in Thailand. The first is only having assets here I can afford to lose. The second is keeping 90% of my assets back in Australia.

I have sympathy for guys who have lost everything, for whatever reason. We all make mistakes, and I've made my share too. However, blaming Thai women for your own

decisions is a cop-out.

Give your money to an animal home/ dogs home, or ex soldiers who have no home, much better.

Rather than fire back with angry retorts simply realize this is just one more warning about the possibility of being screwed over by a Thai woman and their accomplices.

I say accomplices because most often the Thai woman herself is not capable of orchestrating everything involved rather they are surrounded by people ( family members, friends etc ) that encourage them to take what they feel they are entitled to take with no remorse.

Obviously, not all Thai women are the way they are often described in a negative light ...while that is not rocket science to know and understand that...but.... the truth be told there are far too many of them that are not to be trusted while many of them actually do have a plan for the naïve farang that they know well is vulnerable and at a big disadvantage.

And, as pointed out ( once again ) most of the cases involve former bar girls who become the wife of a farang while it is all about the money and they are very clever and calculated and callous about it while the whole affair was all part of a often somewhat elaborate plan or scheme to milk the foreigner of their money while they are not alone in orchestrating the whole nasty affair.

Seldom will the foreigner get any sympathy from Thai people or the Thai authorities while other Farang criticize them for their supposed foolishness as if it will never happen to them...just because their wife or GF is supposedly above such skullduggery and also believe they are too smart to let themselves be taken to the cleaners by a Thai women.

Point is, it happens and it happens all to often so be forewarned ( once again ) and learn from other peoples somewhat self inflicted problem you could also possibly create for yourself if and when you do get married to a Thai women...regardless of her back ground, but obviously if she is a bar girl then you are increasing your chances 5 to 10 fold of being ripped off ...sooner or later......some way or somehow....as often is the case.

Cheers

I do believe the aging farang with his arrogance/hubris not quite blameless in all of this? coffee1.gif

if you are that old, and haven't learned yet....what else is left to say, People getting trapped like that, many times come from one or several broken marriages back home already, make the same mistakes over and over again. Or just lack the skill, or how you want to call it, to inderstand how and why it goes like it goes. never the less........oh boy.

I'm unsure what the OP is looking for. Donations to a charity for distressed falangs in Issan? Forget it, charity begins at home. And "administrative costs" can absorb up to 90% of donations.

If the distressed falangs are not au fait with PC's, internet shops here are very inexpensive, 10 - 30 baht per hour. However, does a falang need a work permit to teach other falangs how to use the internet?

I'm following a couple of financial principles in Thailand. The first is only having assets here I can afford to lose. The second is keeping 90% of my assets back in Australia.

I have sympathy for guys who have lost everything, for whatever reason. We all make mistakes, and I've made my share too. However, blaming Thai women for your own

decisions is a cop-out.

I'm neither looking for "donations, " nor for any sympathy here. I was informed by another "networker' who's a doctor in CM that the guy needed immediately help.

The organisation isn't even involved right now. So please, stop your "looking for donations" bs, please.

Is a guy after a serious stroke a "distressed farang"? He can't even drive his car anymore and we hope that this will be possible again in the near future.

There was a thread a few days ago looking for the right hospital for the gentleman and it was great to hear that there's one not far away from him.

So he made his way to the hospital and received the needed help and medical checks after a serious stroke. The "medical problem" was solved, but when I visited him, I began to understand what happened to the guy.

The guy is mentally destroyed and being alone with two dogs he call his kids doesn't make his life better.

He didn't receive any financial help from this organisation and the guy wants to give his wife a second chance. All that's left is a huge piece of land, about 20 Rai.

If anybody's interested in buying land, near the main road, the 226, about 30 km away from Surin to Sisaket, please page me for more details.

His wife seems/seemed to be involved in very serious criminal activities and the guy was always trying to help her out. The wife is doing some time right now and will be back in about four months.

The problem is that the land is in her name and it's pretty easy to understand that she won't change once she's back.

He cannot really move his right hand after this stroke and he needs somebody to talk to from time to time. That was the reason why I spent a day with him.

Sad is that he got ripped off in so many ways. Wife gambled away a lot of money, then he lost the whole land to a money shark, they call him the Chinese man, and the gentleman had to buy it back.

Maybe it was a set up, but that's the situation he's in right now. He built a shop for her because she wanted to do some business on her own, but it turned out that it was only the meeting point for all the criminals of the area.

Instead of "making" a few baht per month, he had to throw around 20 K in per month in to keep it running.

We're trying to change his mind that he moves to another place, away from all the gamblers, gangsters and god only knows what individuals.

But first his medical follow up after the stroke has to be done and then he might be willing to move to CM.

If I were him, there wouldn't be a second chance for the wife, she already showed that she's an evil woman. And doing some time doesn't usually make people to better people.

The chances that she will change into a loving wife after doing some time are basically nil. Non existent.

He just sold what he loved a lot, his Harley and has to rely on finding somebody who doesn't rip him off when he's selling his land.

I never wrote that Thai women in general would be rip offs, but once in the gambling scene (maybe also in some drug related stuff), it's really difficult to find out what's true and what's a lie.

It seems that there're people out there who really jerk off when reading about older people who are in such an unpleasant situation.

This guy isn't stupid, he had his own company and made a lot of money. But he never thought that the woman he loved so much would do so many bad things to him that he lost control over his financial belongings.

BTW, I'm also married to an Isaan woman since 15 years and we still love and respect each other. She doesn't drink, smoke, or gamble.

My wife was with me 24/7 after a serious motorcycle accident and i know where I am.

After many years living here, when almost all relatives and friends back home passed away, where would you go to?

No donations wanted. Thanks. wai2.gif

Please stop making comments about Thai ladies almost always ripping off old farangs.

It makes my blood boil reading sh..e like that.

There are good and bad people from all countries on this earth.

Not always. But often. Please be careful, your pulse.....wai2.gif

post-158336-0-38619600-1455171335_thumb.

decisions is a cop-out.

I'm neither looking for "donations, " nor for any sympathy here. I was informed by another "networker' who's a doctor in CM that the guy needed immediately help.

The organisation isn't even involved right now. So please, stop your "looking for donations" bs, please.

Is a guy after a serious stroke a "distressed farang"? He can't even drive his car anymore and we hope that this will be possible again in the near future.

There was a thread a few days ago looking for the right hospital for the gentleman and it was great to hear that there's one not far away from him.

So he made his way to the hospital and received the needed help and medical checks after a serious stroke. The "medical problem" was solved, but when I visited him, I began to understand what happened to the guy.

The guy is mentally destroyed and being alone with two dogs he call his kids doesn't make his life better.

He didn't receive any financial help from this organisation and the guy wants to give his wife a second chance. All that's left is a huge piece of land, about 20 Rai.

If anybody's interested in buying land, near the main road, the 226, about 30 km away from Surin to Sisaket, please page me for more details.

His wife seems/seemed to be involved in very serious criminal activities and the guy was always trying to help her out. The wife is doing some time right now and will be back in about four months.

The problem is that the land is in her name and it's pretty easy to understand that she won't change once she's back.

He cannot really move his right hand after this stroke and he needs somebody to talk to from time to time. That was the reason why I spent a day with him.

Sad is that he got ripped off in so many ways. Wife gambled away a lot of money, then he lost the whole land to a money shark, they call him the Chinese man, and the gentleman had to buy it back.

Maybe it was a set up, but that's the situation he's in right now. He built a shop for her because she wanted to do some business on her own, but it turned out that it was only the meeting point for all the criminals of the area.

Instead of "making" a few baht per month, he had to throw around 20 K in per month in to keep it running.

We're trying to change his mind that he moves to another place, away from all the gamblers, gangsters and god only knows what individuals.

But first his medical follow up after the stroke has to be done and then he might be willing to move to CM.

If I were him, there wouldn't be a second chance for the wife, she already showed that she's an evil woman. And doing some time doesn't usually make people to better people.

The chances that she will change into a loving wife after doing some time are basically nil. Non existent.

He just sold what he loved a lot, his Harley and has to rely on finding somebody who doesn't rip him off when he's selling his land.

I never wrote that Thai women in general would be rip offs, but once in the gambling scene (maybe also in some drug related stuff), it's really difficult to find out what's true and what's a lie.

It seems that there're people out there who really jerk off when reading about older people who are in such an unpleasant situation.

This guy isn't stupid, he had his own company and made a lot of money. But he never thought that the woman he loved so much would do so many bad things to him that he lost control over his financial belongings.

BTW, I'm also married to an Isaan woman since 15 years and we still love and respect each other. She doesn't drink, smoke, or gamble.

My wife was with me 24/7 after a serious motorcycle accident and i know where I am.

After many years living here, when almost all relatives and friends back home passed away, where would you go to?

Sorry, I still don't see what the point of your opening post is ?

How can he sell land in her name? Especially as it seems as though she isn't exactly reliable.

That sounds like a dead end idea, to me but good luck with it, just the same.

Hope is the last that dies. There're ways that she can sign a document to sell the land. And it's of course also in her interest to sell the land.

Who knows, maybe the corrections make her to a "good Buddhist." The last three months are part of a "Buddhist correction."

Time will tell.

decisions is a cop-out.

Sorry, I still don't see what the point of your opening post is ?

I can give you some reading glasses for free, but only if you stop posting your always critical comments.

You're really a lonely warrior, dude. I'm afraid there's no medication that can help you.

Cheers

I do believe the aging farang with his arrogance/hubris not quite blameless in all of this? coffee1.gif

Yes indeed and that factor is another piece of the puzzle, as all too often the man himself is a real head case and commonly an alcoholic or heavy drinker ...and after getting burnt once, all too many of them come back for round 2 and get burnt again.

There are some slooooooooow learners out there when it comes to female relationships and marriage arrangements concerning Farangs living here in Thailand and interacting with Thai women.

Note: *** Not referring to the guy having the problems explained about by the OP ..rather a lot of clowns in general who seemingly are destined to end up with the wrong women and the wrong people in the wrong place as it takes several years while they seemingly can not figure out what is going on around them and walk away from all the crazy shit things happening around them that they are involved in or caught up in or create for themselves often enough

If they are heavy drinkers and or drunk all the time or alcoholics, I would surmise they think it is all part of their drinking lifestyle adventures while the wife and the accomplices just keep on feeding him more alcohol and let him live in a blissful drunken state all of the time...as in :

"All is well honey...Here have another drink"

Ahhhhhh yes ....Yes indeed ..The lovely wife, she takes care of meeeee..........Yes indeed..... ( as W.C. Fields would have said )

Cheers

Stupid Ferangs have poor where they were born, yet only bleat about poor Thais. Idiots One n All who do that.sad.png

Hmmm ....."Ferangs" ...I like that and will have to remember that name....."Ferangs"....lol

This must be the subspecies of the common "Farangs" and related to the often seen subspecies known as the "Falungs"

I believe on very rare occasion you can spot a "Ferlung" and sometimes misspoken as "Ferlang".... seen walking about and I was told by another Farang one time how he came across a very rare subspecies referred to by some as a "Ferlangfluckedup...but the creature kept his distance...fortunately.

Supposedly they drink a lot and cause all manner of problems and mayhem and fit to be hanged.

Cheers

Land between surin and Sri Saket. A fairly dangerous part of the world for the naive farang.

I had, from what I have seen always thought girls from buriram were the best at ruthlessly doing over the farang buffalo. I was recently chatting to a girl who works in pattaya's biggest law firm and has so for fifteen years.

The subject came up so I told her my theory and she said no, girls from Udon Thani are the masters. So asked her who comes in second and she laughed and said Buriram for sure. Followed by ubon ratchatani.

This land is bang in the middle of second and third spot. The Chanote, if there even is one, will likely have "Chinese money lender" leans on it. Buyer beware.

Land between surin and Sri Saket. A fairly dangerous part of the world for the naive farang.

I had, from what I have seen always thought girls from buriram were the best at ruthlessly doing over the farang buffalo. I was recently chatting to a girl who works in pattaya's biggest law firm and has so for fifteen years.

The subject came up so I told her my theory and she said no, girls from Udon Thani are the masters. So asked her who comes in second and she laughed and said Buriram for sure. Followed by ubon ratchatani.

This land is bang in the middle of second and third spot. The Chanote, if there even is one, will likely have "Chinese money lender" leans on it. Buyer beware.

I used to live where (I suspect) Listinisaan is talking about. I used to call the certain town what's initials are U & P 'The village of the Damned' !

Glad I moved away after I checked in but managed to leave (Hotel California).

How can he sell land in her name? Especially as it seems as though she isn't exactly reliable.

That sounds like a dead end idea, to me but good luck with it, just the same.

Hope is the last that dies. There're ways that she can sign a document to sell the land. And it's of course also in her interest to sell the land.

Who knows, maybe the corrections make her to a "good Buddhist." The last three months are part of a "Buddhist correction."

Time will tell.

Thais don't sell.

The first rule of property law in Isaan.

Other family members might 'acquire' it, or loan sharks may repossess, but as for actually selling.... very rare. Where a Farang is concerned, as rare as rocking horse sh!te - even with a court order.

Archived