The Poor And Sometimes Forgotten Foreigners From Isaan.....

lostinisaan

Stupid Ferangs have poor where they were born, yet only bleat about poor Thais. Idiots One n All who do that.sad.png

Hmmm ....."Ferangs" ...I like that and will have to remember that name....."Ferangs"....lol

This must be the subspecies of the common "Farangs" and related to the often seen subspecies known as the "Falungs"

I believe on very rare occasion you can spot a "Ferlung" and sometimes misspoken as "Ferlang".... seen walking about and I was told by another Farang one time how he came across a very rare subspecies referred to by some as a "Ferlangfluckedup...but the creature kept his distance...fortunately.

Supposedly they drink a lot and cause all manner of problems and mayhem and fit to be hanged.

Cheers

To me even "farang" looks/sounds weird as I always hear "falang". :D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If some one really needs to read a book before making up their mind about a relationship I feel they should just not bother.

I agree. However, I have met quite a few gullible expats in my time, that, had they read the book, before getting involved in their long term relationship, would have been a bit wiser, and probably, better off financially.

Hindsight is a great thing.

How can he sell land in her name? Especially as it seems as though she isn't exactly reliable.

That sounds like a dead end idea, to me but good luck with it, just the same.

Hope is the last that dies. There're ways that she can sign a document to sell the land. And it's of course also in her interest to sell the land.

Who knows, maybe the corrections make her to a "good Buddhist." The last three months are part of a "Buddhist correction."

Time will tell.

Thais don't sell.

The first rule of property law in Isaan.

Other family members might 'acquire' it, or loan sharks may repossess, but as for actually selling.... very rare. Where a Farang is concerned, as rare as rocking horse sh!te - even with a court order.

My IL's family wants to sell their land to invest in my business. You eager to buy?

Hope some newbies read this before thinking about moving out here into 'the sticks'. There are some valid points in this thread (plus the usual time-wasters with a meat-pie for brains).

Good job, LostinIsaan.

I have to agree. Advice like "don't trust her or her family", "lock away the car documents", "don't give her money because she will gamble it away", "theft and lies is a way of life here" really is a waste of time and doesn't bode well for a long happy life in Thailand.

Better advice would be to get to know someone first. It doesn't matter where he/she is from or what they do. If they are bad then that is that, simple. Wait wait wait and just find out for your self. Go and meet the family. Have a look around. Learn some of the language and have a chat. I remember one post on here a while back that said something like " I built a big tall wall around the house and put a lock on the gate. That keeps the family out". What a laugh that is. Straight away you are kind of asking your lady/man to choose between them and you. If you get to know them first you will know by yourself.

Just because a westerner is likely to have more money that the Thai family it doesn't mean that they are better. Many failed relationships that I have seen here have started by the expat turning up like some flash dude thinking he knows everything and flashing his money around. That's a good start!!!!! I remember a guy posting on a forum somewhere boasting about going to soapy massages and girly bars. He wondered why his wife turned against him.

I try to avoid thinking about the different nationalities and cultures. I feel comfortable where I am and who I am with. If I didn't then I wouldn't have married and stayed here. I lived in rented accommodation with my now wife until I knew she was the one. After 16 years together nothing has been stolen, anything I lend is returned and my wife and I have full respect for each other.

I will take great pleasure in coming back on here and reporting again in another 16 years of happy life.

Pardon me, sir. Is it possible that you deliver food in a neighboring province of Sisaket? After reading some posts of your, it must be you.

Can i make a bigger order and can it be delivered, or do I have to pick it up. Pies would be great, haven't had a decent one in ages.

Is it possible to get a work permit when you're doing something what a Thai can't do? And I mean Thai can't make pies, etc..

Thanks in advance for an answer. wai2.gif

Hope some newbies read this before thinking about moving out here into 'the sticks'. There are some valid points in this thread (plus the usual time-wasters with a meat-pie for brains).

Good job, LostinIsaan.

I have to agree. Advice like "don't trust her or her family", "lock away the car documents", "don't give her money because she will gamble it away", "theft and lies is a way of life here" really is a waste of time and doesn't bode well for a long happy life in Thailand.

Better advice would be to get to know someone first. It doesn't matter where he/she is from or what they do. If they are bad then that is that, simple. Wait wait wait and just find out for your self. Go and meet the family. Have a look around. Learn some of the language and have a chat. I remember one post on here a while back that said something like " I built a big tall wall around the house and put a lock on the gate. That keeps the family out". What a laugh that is. Straight away you are kind of asking your lady/man to choose between them and you. If you get to know them first you will know by yourself.

Just because a westerner is likely to have more money that the Thai family it doesn't mean that they are better. Many failed relationships that I have seen here have started by the expat turning up like some flash dude thinking he knows everything and flashing his money around. That's a good start!!!!! I remember a guy posting on a forum somewhere boasting about going to soapy massages and girly bars. He wondered why his wife turned against him.

I try to avoid thinking about the different nationalities and cultures. I feel comfortable where I am and who I am with. If I didn't then I wouldn't have married and stayed here. I lived in rented accommodation with my now wife until I knew she was the one. After 16 years together nothing has been stolen, anything I lend is returned and my wife and I have full respect for each other.

I will take great pleasure in coming back on here and reporting again in another 16 years of happy life.

Pardon me, sir. Is it possible that you deliver food in a neighboring province of Sisaket? After reading some posts of your, it must be you.

Can i make a bigger order and can it be delivered, or do I have to pick it up. Pies would be great, haven't had a decent one in ages.

Is it possible to get a work permit when you're doing something what a Thai can't do? And I mean Thai can't make pies, etc..

Sorry to disappoint. No, you have the wrong person. I do not deliver food to Sissakhet.

I do, however, know of a Thai lady who makes very good pies. PM me and I will send you her contact details.

Good job, LostinIsaan.

Sorry to disappoint. No, you have the wrong person. I do not deliver food to Sissakhet.

I do, however, know of a Thai lady who makes very good pies. PM me and I will send you her contact details.

A friend from Surin told me that a foreigner, an ex teacher, who's now tutoring for extraordinary 800 baht/hour would make these tasty pies and deliver them

But you do seem to be a teacher, well maybe not a NES, but your English is pretty much okay.

. Sorry, for mixing pies up.

Stupid Ferangs have poor where they were born, yet only bleat about poor Thais. Idiots One n All who do that.sad.png

Hmmm ....."Ferangs" ...I like that and will have to remember that name....."Ferangs"....lol

This must be the subspecies of the common "Farangs" and related to the often seen subspecies known as the "Falungs"

I believe on very rare occasion you can spot a "Ferlung" and sometimes misspoken as "Ferlang".... seen walking about and I was told by another Farang one time how he came across a very rare subspecies referred to by some as a "Ferlangfluckedup...but the creature kept his distance...fortunately.

Supposedly they drink a lot and cause all manner of problems and mayhem and fit to be hanged.

Cheers

To me even "farang" looks/sounds weird as I always hear "falang". biggrin.png

Sort of sounds like that..but I was just "funnin" about with the spelling of the words and the sound of the word when spoken the way you would read it.

Usually I hear the Thais speaking the word with a soft "r" sound in there also, as in : Fah-rlaung

I used to spell Marijuana the correct way also ...but now I spell it: Marawana or Cannabus ...just for fun.

Cheers

Cheers

To me even "farang" looks/sounds weird as I always hear "falang". biggrin.png

Sort of sounds like that..but I was just "funnin" about with the spelling of the words and the sound of the word when spoken the way you would read it.

Usually I hear the Thais speaking the word with a soft "r" sound in there also, as in : Fah-rlaung

I used to spell Marijuana the correct way also ...but now I spell it: Marawana or Cannabus ...just for fun.

Cheers

Good to hear that you enjoy it, but please don't tell everybody that we love Mary. She's my Mia Noi since 43 years.

Archived