Chiang Mai University student murdered by boyfriend in brutal attack

webfact

CMU Student Murdered by Boyfriend in Brutal Attack
by CityNews

cmai.jpg

CityNews – A young man was arrested on February 8, after his girlfriend was found brutally murdered in their apartment earlier last week.

On February 5, police were called to an apartment on Suthep Road where the body of 21-year-old Prapasara Banchuen was found. She was a second year student at Chiang Mai University.

She was found on her bed by friends who had asked the owner of the apartment to open the room for them after they had lost contact with her for a few days. She was fatally stabbed seven times in the torso and also had her throat cut.

Police believed she was murdered several days before she was found.

According to residents in the building, her and her boyfriend, 20-year-old Athibodee Kaewtim, argued almost every night and often disturbed other residents in the apartment building.

Athibodee moved to Chiang Mai with Prapasara when she enrolled at Chiang Mai University.

According to friends of the suspect and victim, Athibodee had been out of contact for a few days too.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/cmu-student-murdered-by-boyfriend-in-brutal-attack/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-02-08

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R.I.P. young lady. What a tragic waste of a young life.

He is probably a mummies boy, had a tantrum for not getting his own way.

Heres an observation of mine, senior female police officer in the photo is wearing medal ribbons, from where???

They are identical to ones my wife bought for 150 baht on the market.

"As example look at the news photo and see the policewoman ..... perhaps looking for where the car was parked. Well I guess that is just the way it will be." ... quote from gonzo

Funny how we all see things a bit differently,

I see the face of a ranking female officer, a look of pain as she has seen this scenario all too often... she knows the pain the girl's family is feeling. she is probably using the phone for some procedural function.....that is what I see.

"As example look at the news photo and see the policewoman ..... perhaps looking for where the car was parked. Well I guess that is just the way it will be." ... quote from gonzo

I see the face of a ranking female officer, a look of pain as she has seen this scenario all too often... she knows the pain the girl's family is feeling. she is probably using the phone for some procedural function.....that is what I see.

All I saw was an officer doing their job.

R.I.P. young lady. What a tragic waste of a young life.

He is probably a mummies boy, had a tantrum for not getting his own way.

Heres an observation of mine, senior female police officer in the photo is wearing medal ribbons, from where???

They are identical to ones my wife bought for 150 baht on the market.

The medals or ribbons as they are know are awarded by the King for various services

some people will complain about anything...

I for one agree with you. Going off on a rant about cellphones & video games really stretches the bounds of relevance. I seriously doubt either one explains the brutal murder of this 21yo girl. The maturity & upbringing of the male no doubt have much more to do with it.

I love how posters here don't believe in innocence until proven guilty.

Even the headline is misleading because until the boy pleads guilty, why create facts?

If you read the full story it says he has confessed...

I wish you would post more often. The girl in the picture is hot !

The maturity & upbringing of the male no doubt have much more to do with it.

Now, it's his turn to be a girlfriend in an abusive relationship........

We normally keep such fantasies for the pedo threads, but an outlet's an outlet I guess.

I wish you would post more often. The girl in the picture is hot !

that's my daughter

The maturity & upbringing of the male no doubt have much more to do with it.

Now, it's his turn to be a girlfriend in an abusive relationship........

We normally keep such fantasies for the pedo threads, but an outlet's an outlet I guess.

This thread is just getting started, but it could be a contender for this year's Worst of Thai Visa award.

RIP beautiful young girl.

"Athibodee confessed to the murder, saying that on Wednesday February 3 he was playing video games in her room when she came home. They then began to argue, and she accused him of not doing anything apart from playing video games. She also was angry at him for playing video games instead of going out and getting a job.

He confessed that he became enraged, pushed her onto the bed and strangled her before grabbing a knife and stabbing her seven times."

The court sentences you to hell on Earth in a Thai prison for the rest of your life with no possibility of parole. Much worse than a easy Death sentence.

Next case.

I love how posters here don't believe in innocence until proven guilty.

Even the headline is misleading because until the boy pleads guilty, why create facts?

His confession alone is damning. The presumption of innocence went out the window when he offered that along with all the circumstantial evidence. Nobody creating facts here with the possible exception of yourself.

How could such a lovely young woman, a second year student at one of Chiang Mai's leading universities have stayed with such a loser? It seems their relationship was long-term since the article says he came to Chiang Mai with her when she enrolled in university. It doesn't say that he was a student and indeed he confessed that they had quarreled because she wanted him to get a job instead of playing video games all day. From the statement of the neighbors, it would seem this wasn't their first quarrel and it makes one wonder if violence had been present in their relationship before.

Sad, just so, so sad. Unfortunately, I've known other women who stay in abusive relationships. Some like a sorority sister in college and an employee I supervised didn't have to stay in the relationship because of children or economic dependence. In fact in both cases, those women had more money than the guy who was the abuser, but yet they continued to stay in the relationship for reasons that defied logic. I wonder if that was the case here, too.

The fact that he kills his girlfriend over an argument about wasting his time playing video games and then goes on to waste time playing video games (probably in his usual hang-out), waiting for the cops to pick him up is a testament to just how bright he is.

I've said it before and will probably continue til I die, but Thailand desperately needs a national campaign to teach conflict resolution, in schools, on TV. Being raised in a never question always obey superiors culture gives no practice in how to address build up of stress and how to work out problems.

Archived