Chiang Mai University student murdered by boyfriend in brutal attack

webfact

"As example look at the news photo and see the policewoman ..... perhaps looking for where the car was parked. Well I guess that is just the way it will be." ... quote from gonzo

Funny how we all see things a bit differently,

I see the face of a ranking female officer, a look of pain as she has seen this scenario all too often... she knows the pain the girl's family is feeling. she is probably using the phone for some procedural function.....that is what I see.

If we all would see things the same way there wouldn't be any TV.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"As example look at the news photo and see the policewoman ..... perhaps looking for where the car was parked. Well I guess that is just the way it will be." ... quote from gonzo

I see the face of a ranking female officer, a look of pain as she has seen this scenario all too often... she knows the pain the girl's family is feeling. she is probably using the phone for some procedural function.....that is what I see.

some people will complain about anything...

I wish you would post more often. The girl in the picture is hot !

is (was) hot

some people will complain about anything...

I wish you would post more often. The girl in the picture is hot !

in the context of this tragedy how appropriate do you think it is to say "The girl in the picture is hot !" ??

Hope he will face the dead penalty, human like him have no right to live among us. R.I.P. young lady.

Its sad that some people are vicious, either in killing other, whether it for real or in their comments

He has admitted killing the young girl so off with his head. An eye for an eye as it states in the bible. Lets see some justice here for once and an example made to others who currently think they will get away with it.

...looks like an animal, to the crocodiles with him. What can such a beautiful girl even have seen in such a guy? He's not even the BAD BOY that apparently GOOD GIRLS sometimes fall for. He's just scum, and a weakling, too. "She also was angry at him for playing video games instead of going out and getting a job". (I mean frock, who would have employed such a misfit? I wouldn't even have let him clean my car.)

To leave the guy might have been the better option although that would not necessarily have protected her.

I love how posters here don't believe in innocence until proven guilty.

Even the headline is misleading because until the boy pleads guilty, why create facts?

If you read the full story it says he has confessed...

Confessed? His sentence is chopped in half already. Comes possibly from a good God fearing family there goes another slice. Makes bail and does a runner no justice.

RIP beautiful young girl.

"Athibodee confessed to the murder, saying that on Wednesday February 3 he was playing video games in her room when she came home. They then began to argue, and she accused him of not doing anything apart from playing video games. She also was angry at him for playing video games instead of going out and getting a job.

He confessed that he became enraged, pushed her onto the bed and strangled her before grabbing a knife and stabbing her seven times."

The court sentences you to hell on Earth in a Thai prison for the rest of your life with no possibility of parole. Much worse than a easy Death sentence.

Next case.

Nice, nice, let us hope this is how it plays out.

"Athibodee confessed to the murder, saying that on Wednesday February 3 he was playing video games in her room when she came home. They then began to argue, and she accused him of not doing anything apart from playing video games. She also was angry at him for playing video games instead of going out and getting a job.

He confessed that he became enraged, pushed her onto the bed and strangled her before grabbing a knife and stabbing her seven times."

The court sentences you to hell on Earth in a Thai prison for the rest of your life with no possibility of parole. Much worse than a easy Death sentence.

Next case.

And speaking of fantasies... 'Never gonna' happen. Oh, and not to nitpick, but here it's called "pardon", not parole.

Interesting how fellows here interpret most of these stories...always one-sided...poor girl ..beautiful young girl...gets what's coming to him. Interesting how the victim is not at fault for anything. One of these poor beautiful girls did the betrayal thing to a friend of mine..left the guy scarred for years. He could/should of destroyed her..but she leaves unscathed with him in tatters..so where's justice for him? Who cares, it's not in the media.

crikey ! jealousy can be a curse if not controlled .... blink.png

How do you get Jealousy , his GF got up him for being lazy and only playing video games, nothing to do with her being unfaithful, he got angry and killed her , nothing to do with jealousy ,,

Perhaps and of course I am only speculating it was more of a Lose Face Issue. He was a bum that was lazy and was addicted to video games while his GF was trying to make something of herself and go to school and hopefully a half decent job. He probably felt like the weak one in the relationship and when confronted with it (go get a job, stop playing videos games, get a life) he probably lost face and then just lost it.... of course I am not saying this was a good excuse.... he sounds like a total jackass in all respects and I hope he gets what he deserves in this life and his afterlife as the Thai's believe.

Such a shame young life like that. He probably had a few of the deadly Thai whiskey 's

Regarding the ribbons. They can just buy them, they have no clue what they are for. Even security guards have them, makes me laugh.

But this is Thailand, wear what they like.

Would be a laugh if they were getting interviewed by a good press person and made out to be impressed by the ribbons and asked what they were for.

Interesting how fellows here interpret most of these stories...always one-sided...poor girl ..beautiful young girl...gets what's coming to him. Interesting how the victim is not at fault for anything. One of these poor beautiful girls did the betrayal thing to a friend of mine..left the guy scarred for years. He could/should of destroyed her..but she leaves unscathed with him in tatters..so where's justice for him? Who cares, it's not in the media.

No one has the right to kill a partner. they have the right to leave and they have the right to use whatever laws they can to recover their property but kill no.

Hope he will face the dead penalty, human like him have no right to live among us. R.I.P. young lady.

Its sad that some people are vicious, either in killing other, whether it for real or in their comments

He has admitted killing the young girl so off with his head. An eye for an eye as it states in the bible. Lets see some justice here for once and an example made to others who currently think they will get away with it.

Don't know if you have noticed all those bald headed blokes wrap in orange sheets,they are Buddhist monks and this is a predominately Buddhist country.The bible has no relevance here what so ever.Leave that for the likes of the USA.

It always amazes me why nice girls decide to hook up with these retarded losers?

There are similar couples where I live. I`ll never understand it.

It's quite simple really. The guys are lovely as can be until the girl is head over heels and then they let their demons out and they dominate them and abuse them because they wont leave them anyway.

That's the easy version. Of course the girls in question also have some demons that need attention. The psychology of love/obsession is a very dark one.

RIP to the young girl. Terrible story

How could such a lovely young woman, a second year student at one of Chiang Mai's leading universities have stayed with such a loser? It seems their relationship was long-term since the article says he came to Chiang Mai with her when she enrolled in university. It doesn't say that he was a student and indeed he confessed that they had quarreled because she wanted him to get a job instead of playing video games all day. From the statement of the neighbors, it would seem this wasn't their first quarrel and it makes one wonder if violence had been present in their relationship before.

Sad, just so, so sad. Unfortunately, I've known other women who stay in abusive relationships. Some like a sorority sister in college and an employee I supervised didn't have to stay in the relationship because of children or economic dependence. In fact in both cases, those women had more money than the guy who was the abuser, but yet they continued to stay in the relationship for reasons that defied logic. I wonder if that was the case here, too.

The fact that he kills his girlfriend over an argument about wasting his time playing video games and then goes on to waste time playing video games (probably in his usual hang-out), waiting for the cops to pick him up is a testament to just how bright he is.

It's too much to put into a post. Everyone should read Melody Beattie's breakthrough book, "Codependent No More." LINK

In the end, these women are rescuers, not satisfied with an emotionally healthy guy. They don't feel fulfilled unless they are rescuing someone which of course they can never succeed at. It's about how the women and the men were raised and what was drilled into them.

If you haven't read it I seriously recommend it.

Cheers.

Don't know if you have noticed all those bald headed blokes wrap in orange sheets,they are Buddhist monks and this is a predominately Buddhist country.The bible has no relevance here what so ever.Leave that for the likes of the USA.

Don't know if you've noticed, but those angry lynch mobs that materialise at the scene of these crimes and their re-enactments are also predominately Buddhist. They would take "an eye for an eye" in an instant.

i see a woman probably ordering somtum 'lil lil' as its 5 minutes past midday and nothing interrupts lunchtime.

He brutally murders his girlfriend because she complained about him only playing video games all the time, and what does he do:

From the linked article: "After police released an arrest warrant, they managed to track him down. He was found playing video games in an internet cafe just several hundred metres away from the apartment, still on Suthep Road."

R.I.P. young lady. What a tragic waste of a young life.

He is probably a mummies boy, had a tantrum for not getting his own way.

Heres an observation of mine, senior female police officer in the photo is wearing medal ribbons, from where???

They are identical to ones my wife bought for 150 baht on the market.

Yes! the Thais seem to be obsessed with medal ribbons, something like the yanks !

Next case.

And speaking of fantasies... 'Never gonna' happen. Oh, and not to nitpick, but here it's called "pardon", not parole.

He has confessed to the murder so probably will avoid the death penalty and be out in a few years. All he has to do now is to tell the judge how devastated and sorry he is.

Archived