Chiang Mai University student murdered by boyfriend in brutal attack

webfact

So so sad. A young girl at the start of her professional life mixed up with a waster. Sometimes they are difficult to get rid of. She needed help but where and who should she turn to? Others often don't want to get involved believing it to be a lover's tiff but she needed help to get him off her back and out of her life. In Europe supporting staff are often capable of appreciating these situations and can come to the aid of a controlled student but in thailand, well who knows. what a shame. Probably a talented girl with a great future. R.I.P.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a tragic loss... a beautiful young life snuffed out , perhaps like the snuffing that goes with video games. It is absolutely mindbogeling how some small minds get so involved in the hand held smart phones. I see it daily, where people drive motorcycles with video phones in one hand. I see people walking down the street following some gps with video phone in hand..... Its apparently very addictive.... and it hits all level and classes of individuals. As example look at the news photo and see the policewoman ..... perhaps looking for where the car was parked. Well I guess that is just the way it will be.

Kindly share the forensic wizardry that has allowed you to solve this case in mere seconds - your powers of deduction are astonishing, making it clear to all - the guilty party is that work of the devil - the mobile phone.

Such a tragic loss... a beautiful young life snuffed out , perhaps like the snuffing that goes with video games. It is absolutely mindbogeling how some small minds get so involved in the hand held smart phones. I see it daily, where people drive motorcycles with video phones in one hand. I see people walking down the street following some gps with video phone in hand..... Its apparently very addictive.... and it hits all level and classes of individuals. As example look at the news photo and see the policewoman ..... perhaps looking for where the car was parked. Well I guess that is just the way it will be.

What does any of this have to do with murder?

That wasn't a killing,that was a frenzied attack. Conintinuously playing video games(i take it that meant one after the other) can be a sign of amphetamine based energy.Also the 7 stabbings and throat cut,is not a sudden burst of anger,it is a prolonged rage.Was this piece of sh#t tested for drugs/booze.I look at that that kid and if i was her father i would want to kill him,infact i would pay to have him killed.How dare a punk kid like him deprive a young girl of her life.

He was probably jealous of her getting an education,and knew he would lose control of her when she started her chosen career.

KKD

Hope he will face the dead penalty, human like him have no right to live among us. R.I.P. young lady.

He will probably confess do a re-enactment and get off the death penalty, quite sad a sicko like him deserves the death penalty, if he is allowed out on the treets again in the future he may re -offend.

What an incredibly pathetic little creature this clown is. She was such a lovely woman. Why a woman who is so pretty and promising gets involved with a person of such low caliber is beyond my ability to understand or comprehend. And why people get so caught up in relationships, to the point where they commit acts like this, is also beyond me. The neighbors say they argued all the time. So, the sensible question is, why did they stay together? My guess is that he figured there is no chance he was ever going to find another woman as fine as she was. But, where is the dignity? Things are not working out, and you walk away, like a man. You start over. You find someone else. I guess this guy had the emotional development of a 12 year old boy, and a solution like that was beyond his grasp.

I do sincerely hope he gets either the death penalty, of life in prison. My guess, is that it is going to be hard to find a judge with enough moral courage to impose a very harsh sentence. They seem to be very lenient on first offenders here. That is a real shame, in this case.

What does any of this have to do with murder?

You do have my sympathy for your lack of reasoning.

The dear girl was stabbed and slashed to death..... if you saw a bloody knife could/would you see any connection???

If you saw a spacy eyed guy and a pile of coke on the table.....could/would you see a connection????

If you saw a monkey eating a banana and one missing out of a bunch...could/would you see a connection???

The smart phone/video implement is an amazing and very useful creation,,,, but it can and does in too many cases become a dangerous addiction. Just look around you during the course of your day. If you cannot see that, than the pity is directed towards you.

R.I.P. young lady. What a tragic waste of a young life.

He is probably a mummies boy, had a tantrum for not getting his own way.

Heres an observation of mine, senior female police officer in the photo is wearing medal ribbons, from where???

They are identical to ones my wife bought for 150 baht on the market.

Maybe she earned them, unlike your wife who was buying them at a market. Why would you suggest otherwise?.

" It is absolutely mindbogeling how some small minds get so involved in the hand held smart phones...As example look at the news photo and see the policewoman ....."

A fine example of someone quite clearly not looking at her phone. She is obviously looking to her left, those things in her head, eyes, give it away. Mindbogeling [sic].

Interesting how fellows here interpret most of these stories...always one-sided...poor girl ..beautiful young girl...gets what's coming to him. Interesting how the victim is not at fault for anything. One of these poor beautiful girls did the betrayal thing to a friend of mine..left the guy scarred for years. He could/should of destroyed her..but she leaves unscathed with him in tatters..so where's justice for him? Who cares, it's not in the media.

Where do I even start? I don't think anyone is interpreting anything. A woman was murdered, the facts are there, as is the confession. Yes, if he murdered someone then he should receive punishment, should he not? Why is it interesting that the victim is not blamed? This is not about her character, but her murder. And 'one of these poor beautiful girls', by this you mean, one of the 30 million Thai women? Are well all the same? So your friend suffered heart break, like so many of us have in the world, and you think that there should be some punishment? Media reports crime. Should it also report your friend's heartbreak?

Am thoroughly confused by all the points being made!

"As example look at the news photo and see the policewoman ..... perhaps looking for where the car was parked. Well I guess that is just the way it will be." ... quote from gonzo

Funny how we all see things a bit differently,

I see the face of a ranking female officer, a look of pain as she has seen this scenario all too often... she knows the pain the girl's family is feeling. she is probably using the phone for some procedural function.....that is what I see.

some people will complain about anything...

I wish you would post more often. The girl in the picture is hot !
What the hell's wrong with you? The poor girl has just lost her life. 2 minutes on TV, and I feel I need to take a shower.

RIP beautiful young girl.

"Athibodee confessed to the murder, saying that on Wednesday February 3 he was playing video games in her room when she came home. They then began to argue, and she accused him of not doing anything apart from playing video games. She also was angry at him for playing video games instead of going out and getting a job.

He confessed that he became enraged, pushed her onto the bed and strangled her before grabbing a knife and stabbing her seven times."

The court sentences you to hell on Earth in a Thai prison for the rest of your life with no possibility of parole. Much worse than a easy Death sentence.

Next case.

Anyone who's spent any time in Thailand can relate to what he was doing. Till they sort out the mentality of young Thai males the country is going to struggle. My ex's son who she supported to go to university now is 27 and hasn't worked since he finished his degree in a big fanfare and the only one in the village to get a degree...Sadly he's now another stastistic and joins the many young men all working age but not interested in doing so. Whisky rules !! RIP young lady

Archived