Need To Stop...

james512

Congrats to all those who have given up the weed or have made an effort to quit. I really hope to be joining you soon but feel like if i try now i will not be giving it 100%.

I've been smoking for 18 years (since i was 15), more or less a 20 a day habit unless i'm drinking and you can bump that up to 40 or more. I work on a ship 4 weeks on 4 weeks off... i'm at work now but am due back in Bangkok in a few days time.

I am planning to quit smoking when i come back to work next time in just over 4 weeks from now. I reckon it should be easier as i don't get any alcohol on board and that is going to be the time i really miss a cigarette in my hand.

I just wondered what others who have stopped think. Should i set a date like this, or is it better to just throw them away now and say never again?

James

I think that everybody is different, and what worked for me probably won't work for you.......

I am at 170+ days, smoke free.

I woke up one morning and had a chest cold and after gasping for breath a few times, I just decided "That's it!"

The first couple of days were interesting, but without any patches, gum or other supports, here I am 170+ days later.

When you reach around the 30 day period just wait for the smells and taste's to return. Not only that, just the little walk that used to tire you becomes so simple, I actually started to "Excercise myself again"

Good luck James. I know you can do it, I was at 40 cigs a day for around a 10 year period, and I did it!

Diablo Bob