Farang men who have a problem with farang women in Thailand.

SoiBiker

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand that these guys have received a few disapproving looks in the past - I've certainly seen a few dished out - but that wasn't the case here.

Maybe they've come to automatically assume that any farang woman disapproves of their relationship, which seems rather a shame.

Most western women don't approve of guys either living in or going to Thailand for holidays. They know Thailand has a reputation for cheap sex and they automatically assume that's the only reason a guy would go there. When they see middle-aged or elderly guys bouncing 20 year old Thai girls on their knees, it tends to get right up their noses. These are western women well past their prime who realise they that they can't compete in Thailand.

That's not true. I don't care if farang men buy women. My first time in Thailand my then boyfriend and I went to a place in Pat Pong and had drinks with a bargirl and paid her bar fine for being a lovely hostess. And I'm far from past my prime. I'm hit on all of the time, even in Bangkok, because for the most part, when a man finds a woman attractive doesn't matter If she's farang or Thai, she's a woman he finds attractive. Only people who failed in past relationships and can't get over it decide to take it out on every female farang, which is fine by me. Nobody wants to be bothered by said intellectual failures anyway.

I personally am a bit annoyed by non thai, non-working women coming to places where hos congregate, just to get a frisson of pleasure at their own naughtiness. They are not there for barfining per se...just for the thrill of seeing prostitutes and thinking theyre being quite edgy.

But ive learnt to live with it.

I am a white women living in Thailand. There is hardly a restaurant left where these old men don't show off their young 'bar ladies'. Or with other words, you old men force us 'regular' women to interact with these prostitutes. Really guys, think about it.

TIT

I can understand that these guys have received a few disapproving looks in the past - I've certainly seen a few dished out - but that wasn't the case here.

Maybe they've come to automatically assume that any farang woman disapproves of their relationship, which seems rather a shame.

Most western women don't approve of guys either living in or going to Thailand for holidays. They know Thailand has a reputation for cheap sex and they automatically assume that's the only reason a guy would go there. When they see middle-aged or elderly guys bouncing 20 year old Thai girls on their knees, it tends to get right up their noses. These are western women well past their prime who realise they that they can't compete in Thailand.

That's not true. I don't care if farang men buy women. My first time in Thailand my then boyfriend and I went to a place in Pat Pong and had drinks with a bargirl and paid her bar fine for being a lovely hostess. And I'm far from past my prime. I'm hit on all of the time, even in Bangkok, because for the most part, when a man finds a woman attractive doesn't matter If she's farang or Thai, she's a woman he finds attractive. Only people who failed in past relationships and can't get over it decide to take it out on every female farang, which is fine by me. Nobody wants to be bothered by said intellectual failures anyway.

My comments were generalised, not aimed at you specifically, so don't take it personally. It is true that a lot of western women associate Thailand with sex tours for guys, that's a fact.

My comments were generalised, not aimed at you specifically, so don't take it personally. It is true that a lot of western women associate Thailand with sex tours for guys, that's a fact.

So do a lot of western men, to be fair.

I personally am a bit annoyed by non thai, non-working women coming to places where hos congregate, just to get a frisson of pleasure at their own naughtiness. They are not there for barfining per se...just for the thrill of seeing prostitutes and thinking theyre being quite edgy.

I am a white women living in Thailand. There is hardly a restaurant left where these old men don't show off their young 'bar ladies'. Or with other words, you old men force us 'regular' women to interact with these prostitutes. Really guys, think about it.

And you calling them prostitutes, without even knowing who they are, is good enough reason for someone to glare at you. Where is your lapel tag saying "regular" women, so everyone knows you righteousness.

I have been married to my wife for 34 years, the mother of my three children. In your summation, because she did work in a bar (to support her family) you have just called her, and many thousands of Thai women, a prostitute. I have other names for you.

No wonder some men think the way they do.

Yes, but the western men don't disapprove as do the women.

Some of them do, just as some women are fine with it.

For crying out loud! Does anyone grasp what generalising means? Without a doubt the majority of western men would not have a problem with guys coming to Thailand. Now would you think that the majority of western women feel the same?

A lot of men who have been here for a while (I mean for 20 years or more ) came here to "escape" farang women for various reasons. So when they see a farang woman in their "territory" it triggers a mildly hostile reaction at their mere presence. Many years ago %90 of the farang people here were male. Now it seems more like a 50/50 split. The presence of so many has changed the atmosphere in many subtle ways not to the liking of many old timers.

It is an unreasonable reaction but it has little to nothing to do with your wife specifically.

Best explanation I've seen on this thread so far.

You're the reason that western men don't want to see a white woman in their bar,

For crying out loud! Does anyone grasp what generalising means? Without a doubt the majority of western men would not have a problem with guys coming to Thailand. Now would you think that the majority of western women feel the same?

I think there are many people in both camps, regardless of gender - as well as many who don't have a strong opinion on the matter. Generalizing about what people think isn't very helpful, and can lead to incorrect assumptions - like assuming my wife is judging you when she's simply trying to enjoy her dinner.

But my wife was just trying to eat her dinner. If they felt judged by her, that's in their mind, not hers.

Your post are like a broken record. No matter what anyone says you just reply back with "we were just minding our own business", "we weren't looking at anyone", "we weren't being judgmental" or something similar. Why would you go on this forum and post this if you aren't going to listen to any of the responses with an open mind.

I think you enjoyed that fact that you perceived there to be judgement. It has given you something to talk about on this forum. You seem to be proud of the fact that you are so happy in Thailand with your farang wife. Your behavior on this forum is quite odd and like others have said, I am sure that has something to do with the reaction you got from being there with your wife.

Edit: After posting I see that your post above has exactly the same reply as I stated. Thanks for proving my point one more time.

A lot of men who have been here for a while (I mean for 20 years or more ) came here to "escape" farang women for various reasons. So when they see a farang woman in their "territory" it triggers a mildly hostile reaction at their mere presence. Many years ago %90 of the farang people here were male. Now it seems more like a 50/50 split. The presence of so many has changed the atmosphere in many subtle ways not to the liking of many old timers.

It is an unreasonable reaction but it has little to nothing to do with your wife specifically.

50/50 split? There is no way there is anywhere near even distribution.

I'm surprised the OP has time for excursions to provincial eateries,as he never seems to be far away from a computer where he can bore us with his oddball observations, and score points off other posters remarks. Someone who change's his avatar on a regular basis has an identity problem, plus the neurotic need for attention with his thousands of posts.

I think there are many people in both camps, regardless of gender - as well as many who don't have a strong opinion on the matter. Generalizing about what people think isn't very helpful, and can lead to incorrect assumptions - like assuming my wife is judging you when she's simply trying to enjoy her dinner.

All I can say is in more than 20 years of visiting the Philippines and now living in Thailand, I have never had one guy call me a dirty old man, but plenty of women have, albeit some with a smirk on their faces, and yet tell those same women that middle aged divorced, or widowed women go to places like Ghana with the express purpose of being serviced by a black stud, and that's quite acceptable. Go figure.

So when you go out you feel obligated to interact with people you don't know. In your mind every single lady in Thailand is a bar girl. You do understand farang men have thai wives and children. I feel sorry for the thai ladies who are forced to interact with you.

Given the amount of "Russian" and other nationality or caucasian "hospitality type" industry workers known to be in the Kingdom, how or why dont people assume then that every western woman they see is also a prostitute?

For that matter, go the whole hog, and ALL women here must be prostitues, is equally ridiculous.

To "assume" ANY female, regardless of Asian/Caucasian, is anything, is ridiclous, and actually demonstrates your own inadequacies and hang-ups.

Without something to base your decision on, other than geography and the company they happen to be in at the time is absurd and offensive to ALL women.

"Its not what you look at that matters, its what you see"

Archived