Canadian man, 28, found dead at Patong hotel

webfact

Every day another foreigner is reported as dying in the south.

None of them seemed that old to me.

Nearly all western men.

What on earth is happening?

People, even those with average to high intelligence, are not used to live under non-nanny states. They can't take care of themselves. Even amongs expats, you will see a lot with injuries. They simply do not know how to protect themselves.

Maybe if Mr. Shannon knew CPR things would be different.

“Mr Shannon, a male friend of Mr Talbot, told us that they came back from a night out at around 11pm and went to bed without changing."

DELETED

“At 5:30am, Mr Shannon called for help after Mr Talbot told him that he had chest pain and difficulty breathing. But when help arrived, Mr Talbot was already in shock."
RIP. everybody please learn CPR.

Black heart, or no heart?

Looks like they were wrapping up his dead body at the hotel??? Not at the hospital when he was pronounced dead.

"Pronounced" is the important word here, only qualified people can officially pronounce someone to be dead .

Hospital staff have the authority to do this, hotel staff do not

Nearly all western men.

People, even those with average to high intelligence, are not used to live under non-nanny states. They can't take care of themselves. Even amongs expats, you will see a lot with injuries. They simply do not know how to protect themselves.

I can`t accept that. Although there are foreigners that come unstuck in Thailand by negligence, ignoring road safety, accidents and illness or as you say, not taking care of themselves, deaths among Farlang tourists and expats as percentage of the Thailand population must be exceeding high. There seems to be several Farlangs meeting terrible ends every month.

My guess is that if there were official statistical figures of the numbers of Farlang deaths in Thailand taken year by year for the last 20 years, the totals would be staggering.

Read the full story ...

At 5:30am, Mr Shannon called for help after Mr Talbot told him that he had chest pain and difficulty breathing. But when help arrived, Mr Talbot was already in shock. "

It's been years since I was a emergency medical technician, but if I remember correctly, shock, in and of itself can kill you. An allergic reaction can cause shock. Food. Thai over the counter drugs. Some people are allergic to US over the counter drugs. Bad thing about allergic shock is people often don't know what they are allergic to.

I do not know why this even made the forum.

It is just a sad death (far too young, young man)

Now just let the relatives grieve in peace

you dont know why this even made the forum.

Its quite simple really, nothing generates traffic here like a dead foreigner.

thats why.

Nearly all western men.

I can`t accept that. Although there are foreigners that come unstuck in Thailand by negligence, ignoring road safety, accidents and illness or as you say, not taking care of themselves, deaths among Farlang tourists and expats as percentage of the Thailand population must be exceeding high. There seems to be several Farlangs meeting terrible ends every month.

My guess is that if there were official statistical figures of the numbers of Farlang deaths in Thailand taken year by year for the last 20 years, the totals would be staggering.

i chose to ignore anyone that writes variation such a farlang as they are either troubled or looking to stir brown matter up for the fun of it

Someone has died, leaving behind people who loved them. Any more rude, crass, off topic, disgusting posts will earn an immediate suspension

Agree 100% with this rule, I have posted many times about insensitive comments when someone has lost their life, immediate suspension for sure, we don't want these sort of people posting here.

To defend NCC a bit,his main point was valid.CPR should should be taught in all schools in the world.

Someone has died, leaving behind people who loved them. Any more rude, crass, off topic, disgusting posts will earn an immediate suspension

Agree 100% with this rule, I have posted many times about insensitive comments when someone has lost their life, immediate suspension for sure, we don't want these sort of people posting here.

Everyone is allowed a wee woopsy now and again.... Personally, of all the posters here, I always stop to reads NCC's comments... (Maybe it's the avatar).

IMHO... Severe suspension criteria should be a measurement of the whole

Canadian Mike Talbot Dies of Unknown Causes in Phuket

PHUKET – Police are puzzled over the death of a 28-year-old tourist Mike Talbot who died from unknown causes while on vacation in Phuket. Mike Talbot, 28, from Canada was pronounced dead Tuesday morning in a hospital in Patong.

According to the Phuket New reports, Talbot woke up about 5:30 a.m. in his hotel room after complaining of chest pains and shortness of breath. By the time help arrived, Mr Talbot was already in shock. “He was taken to Patong Hospital, but pronounced dead upon arrival,” police said.

Dr Unchisa Kittiyankul at Patong Hospital said that doctors there had yet to confirm the cause of death.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/canadian-mike-talbot-dies-of-unknown-causes-in-phuket.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-02-11

Nearly all western men.

Nothing good is happening in Phuket and it's getting worst and worst every year. As soon as Myanmar opens up to tourism we'll see what happens to this place where locals don't give a DELETED about their tourists

Why are you posting stories of all these expats dying? Is there some point to this?

It is called "News" and should not be used as an excuse for posting vile, rude, crass, disgusting comment.

These posts reveal the true "class" of some "farang" persons living here in Phuket.

I am glad these disgusting creatures are not my neighbours

Archived