Suggestions for means to watch Australian TV in Ramkhamhaeng rental

Emster23

I'll be moving to Ramkhamhaeng soon, rental apartment and I would like easy (ha!) suggestions on whatever might be able to get without major hassle. I love Aussie football and ABC Q&A (and I'm a yank, but try not to hold that against me). I'll only be there 2 weeks per month, so a reasonable cost would be nice. Sat dish not an option.... thanks

Australia Plus is available on True Visions (cable only). It shows three to five AFL games each week on slight delay and also has Q&A. A+ used to be on a lot of local cable and satellite networks but not anymore, though you could always try asking around where you will be staying in case someone still has it.

If by football you mean AFL then the other option, provided you have a decent internet connection is a global season pass from http://watchafl.afl.com.au/ Quality is good and you can watch every game live or later at your choice of time.

Cost is USD153 direct or you can buy a digital club membership paid in AUD available from most clubs and save yourself about AUD50. The smaller clubs can be a bit cheaper than the top clubs.

There is an AFL topic here if you have any further questions.

Thanks kkerry. Global pass seems a bit spendy as I would only need it half the time (can watch ABC on free cable in Jomtien). And do like Q&A, Agony (off again it seems). I reckon I could use $153 for food and snacks at an Aussie bar (one in neighborhood?). Q&A also available on youtube (get notice each week). Oh yeah, at ABC site they have "watch now" option.... probably doesn't, but do wonder if that includes weekend footy? Just with ABC offerings I do get a bit rummy around Sunday afternoon from all the games....

Fairly sure 'watch now' won't work for viewing AFL in Thailand (a rights issue) as if it did nobody would sign up for global pass.

I don't usually pay for streaming but many AFL fans like me do because you can watch every game live, and it's not so easy getting A+ free anymore.

True Visions works out expensive if you're not interested in anything else they show, but your apartment manager might have something available.

Check the watchnow site a few days before the NAB Cup starts as they often have a free trial pass offer for NAB series games.

There is always streaming via various websites but not that reliable.

Aussie bars showing AFL are mostly around Suk. e.g. The Office in Soi 33.

I plan to watch the games provided through the channel 7 app. available on Google play. I also watch Abc Iview and other Australian tv as well by similar means.

Channel 7, Channel Nine and Abc have live television available as well as catch up services. Channel 10 at this time only offer catch up tv.

Will watch them on my android box when I am home and my phone and tablet when away from home.

Pm me if you need more information.

Archived