Thai police smash major international passport forgery ring

webfact

PM admires police for cracking world’s passport forgery gang

285-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha today admired the police for their successful smashing of a major international passport forgery gang in Chachoengsao province yesterday which he said will help to bring pride and honour to the country, and strengthen the police image.

Government spokesman Maj Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the prime minister was informed of the forgery gang seizure and admired the officers at all levels in the seizure.

This would not only bring pride and honour from international communities but also will strengthen the police image, the spokesman quoted the prime minister as saying.

The prime minister also said the drastic action taken on international Mafia style gangs and the cracking of this passport forgery gang responsible for selling forged passports worldwide would help to stop not only illegal migrants but also international criminals and human traffickers to enter the country, the spokesman said.

The Iranian suspect was said to be living in the country for over 25 years.

The Thai immigration police yesterday arrested an Iranian national along with 5 other accomplices for the crime of counterfeiting travel documents in Chachoengsao province.

A large number of the documents were seized and were found to be very well made and hard to be detected.

Forty eight year old Iranian Hamid Reza Jafary who is also known as ‘Doctor’ was arrested along with five Pakistani accomplices at a home in Cha Choengsao municipality.

On the premises authorities found a number of counterfeiting equipment as well as 173 assorted fake travel documents of several countries which include Israel, New Zealand, Spain Romania, Denmark, and Norway,

Authorities became aware of their activities after a number of fake travel documents surfaces and were seized from foreign nationals that were classified as dangerous and were being closely monitored.

Follow-on investigations finally led to the discoveries of ‘Doctor’ and his subsequent arrest.

Investigators have managed to discover that the suspect has been making high quality counterfeit travel documents in the country for no less than 10 years.

These counterfeits are so well made that they are able to pass physical examination by immigration officers and are only able to be detected through an examination by qualified labs. ‘The doctors’ main clientele are middle-eastern nationals and he charges them on average between 50,000 – 80,000 baht for each copy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/150389

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-10

Why those masks? Mers or Zika?

Its the burning season now and the sun glasses well I guess you could chalk that up to the fact that these guys have finally seen the light or error of their ways. No finger pointing but the masks and sunglasses gives them away. Its great to see the BIB make a nice "clean" bust. I wonder who tipped them off?

In this country, if you will engage long enough, or too long, in criminal activities without the proper

' umbrella ' from the big wigs, you will eventually either be dead, or caught and jailed.....

Is this a quote from an immigration hand out when you enter the country?

In this country, if you will engage long enough, or too long, in criminal activities without the proper

' umbrella ' from the big wigs, you will eventually either be dead, or caught and jailed.....

Is this a quote from an immigration hand out when you enter the country?

You mean same as in America or Europe smile.png

The west are more Smooth Operators. The Banking Thieves that brought down the world in 2008 are still free and roaming around in their Yachts smile.png

HSBC bank is a Proven Drug dealing bank in London busted multiple times and yet they operate freely in the west smile.png

Outrageous HSBC Settlement Proves the Drug War is a Joke

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/outrageous-hsbc-settlement-proves-the-drug-war-is-a-joke-20121213

Quote "Justice Department elected not to pursue criminal prosecutions of the bank, opting instead for a "record" financial settlement of $1.9 billion, which as one analyst noted is about five weeks of income for the bank.

The banks' laundering transactions were so brazen that the NSA probably could have spotted them from space. Breuer admitted that drug dealers would sometimes come to HSBC's Mexican branches and "deposit hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash, in a single day, into a single account, using boxes designed to fit the precise dimensions of the teller windows."

We are in a period of migration in more ways than one. Yes HSBC has no shame. They like others are coming out of the shadows/woodwork and flagrantly and brazenly breaking the laws of the land and governments look the other way. Why do you think The Donald is doing so well. Deutshe Bank is now in big trouble and they are a major player. I smell a Black Swan event coming in this one. Get your checkbook out Angela.

Watch out, this quote is from the bottom of the AsiaOne report:

He also urged the Thai public to watch out for foreigners without apparent job and alert the Immigration Police Hotline 1178 around the clock if they noticed anything suspicious - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/passport-forger-arrested-thailand#sthash.qOTcglSC.om2yBFsF.dpuf

You mean same as in America or Europe smile.png

The west are more Smooth Operators. The Banking Thieves that brought down the world in 2008 are still free and roaming around in their Yachts smile.png

HSBC bank is a Proven Drug dealing bank in London busted multiple times and yet they operate freely in the west smile.png

Outrageous HSBC Settlement Proves the Drug War is a Joke

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/outrageous-hsbc-settlement-proves-the-drug-war-is-a-joke-20121213

Quote "Justice Department elected not to pursue criminal prosecutions of the bank, opting instead for a "record" financial settlement of $1.9 billion, which as one analyst noted is about five weeks of income for the bank.

The banks' laundering transactions were so brazen that the NSA probably could have spotted them from space. Breuer admitted that drug dealers would sometimes come to HSBC's Mexican branches and "deposit hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash, in a single day, into a single account, using boxes designed to fit the precise dimensions of the teller windows."

We are in a period of migration in more ways than one. Yes HSBC has no shame. They like others are coming out of the shadows/woodwork and flagrantly and brazenly breaking the laws of the land and governments look the other way. Why do you think The Donald is doing so well. Deutshe Bank is now in big trouble and they are a major player. I smell a Black Swan event coming in this one. Get your checkbook out Angela.

4 and counting. How many now? thumbsup.gif

Well done an all that....But, do the police here actually do their own work? Every arrest I can think of has been due to a tip off.

Who is tipping them off? Once they receive the tip do they actually investigate themselves(we can only assume in the bridge club case they didn't).

i am genuinely curious as to if they do investigations of their own or only react to things?

I know I have broken the law right in front of police here and they have not done anything about it because they were not set up to do it at that time.

Watch out, this quote is from the bottom of the AsiaOne report:

He also urged the Thai public to watch out for foreigners without apparent job and alert the Immigration Police Hotline 1178 around the clock if they noticed anything suspicious - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/passport-forger-arrested-thailand#sthash.qOTcglSC.om2yBFsF.dpuf

Thai's think that all Farang look the same; Only the Canadian's look more smart and handsome.

I wonder how much it costs to get a mask and your identity withheld?

You would think they would go out of their way to make this international criminals identity known to the whole world, instead they go out of their way to help this man remain anonymous.

Why are they protecting this guy? Or are they protecting this guys paymasters?

Only in Thailand.

They'll take all the credit they can get, but it was a response to a tip, not an investigation. A tip from Interpol likely.

However congrats on not stuffing it up.

I guess the DOPA boys were not involved.After reading the PM's remark of praise that old song comes to mind "Somebody loves me I wonder who?" It looks like he is setting up yea ole tray of cash deal again.

I don't want to downgrade the BiB's accomplishments, truly outstanding. But in the picture I see two foreigners who seem to be standing in the bunch rather official looking, I wonder who they are and what role they have in all this? And behind the two guys there is another "farang" woman....

Police got a tip-off. Wonder where that came from? Hardly from khun Somchai wandering around in ChachoengSao and suddenly spotting an International forgery ring....

You don't think the BiB found these guys by themselves do you?? There are any number of International police, Intel services/agencies operating out of foreign embassies in Thailand ................. I am sure they had a hand in some of this.

Good Bust considering their clientel.

I cant help thinking that if the Brit Embassy were quick off the mark they could make a bid for all the equipment to enable them to produce their own Brit passports!

Its probably their to begin with.............."redirected" in shipment

I cant help thinking that if the Brit Embassy were quick off the mark they could make a bid for all the equipment to enable them to produce their own Brit passports!

Looking at my passport renewed last year I am quite impressed with the security features it has, I doubt these boys were copying British Passports, they will have gone for more easier passports to copy.

With passports containing scan codes and all the other means of cross-checking data electronically you have to wonder just how far they can get with a forged passport. Probably enough places in the world where a US$100 note in the passport will clear up any discrepancies.

I guess such documents are more useful for things where you have to show the passport but there's no verification, like banking.

These days the US passports have so much graphics they come off as a propaganda leaflet, my guess this was done to make forgery more difficult.

This is an amazing piece of police work that makes us all more safe.

Leave it to the Thai Visa Peanut Gallery to be able to find fault with this.

Amazing Foreigners!

post-145190-0-13209700-1455174708_thumb.

PM admires police for cracking world’s passport forgery gang

285-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha today admired the police for their successful smashing of a major international passport forgery gang in Chachoengsao province yesterday which he said will help to bring pride and honour to the country, and strengthen the police image.

Government spokesman Maj Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the prime minister was informed of the forgery gang seizure and admired the officers at all levels in the seizure.

This would not only bring pride and honour from international communities but also will strengthen the police image, the spokesman quoted the prime minister as saying.

The prime minister also said the drastic action taken on international Mafia style gangs and the cracking of this passport forgery gang responsible for selling forged passports worldwide would help to stop not only illegal migrants but also international criminals and human traffickers to enter the country, the spokesman said.

The Iranian suspect was said to be living in the country for over 25 years.

The Thai immigration police yesterday arrested an Iranian national along with 5 other accomplices for the crime of counterfeiting travel documents in Chachoengsao province.

A large number of the documents were seized and were found to be very well made and hard to be detected.

Forty eight year old Iranian Hamid Reza Jafary who is also known as ‘Doctor’ was arrested along with five Pakistani accomplices at a home in Cha Choengsao municipality.

On the premises authorities found a number of counterfeiting equipment as well as 173 assorted fake travel documents of several countries which include Israel, New Zealand, Spain Romania, Denmark, and Norway,

Authorities became aware of their activities after a number of fake travel documents surfaces and were seized from foreign nationals that were classified as dangerous and were being closely monitored.

Follow-on investigations finally led to the discoveries of ‘Doctor’ and his subsequent arrest.

Investigators have managed to discover that the suspect has been making high quality counterfeit travel documents in the country for no less than 10 years.

These counterfeits are so well made that they are able to pass physical examination by immigration officers and are only able to be detected through an examination by qualified labs. ‘The doctors’ main clientele are middle-eastern nationals and he charges them on average between 50,000 – 80,000 baht for each copy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/150389

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2016-02-10

"These counterfeits are so well made that they are able to pass physical examination by immigration officers and are only able to be detected through an examination by qualified labs."

And even if external corrobaration was involved in this outcome why detract from the success?

Any indication countries of chosen destination for the recipients have been regularly detected?

Until a system is developed and /or introduced that can avoid this problem that is not an exclusive product of Thailand would you prefer standing in a queue in any international airport Passport Control area awaiting a laboratory confirmation your passport is legitimate???

These abuses add to the increasing depersonalization of anyone who travels internationally.

And it will remain open to abuse for as long as people resist using iris or fingerprint scans as a secure alternative.

That concept may seem objectionable for obscure reasons related to doomsday predictions etc but in practical terms would protect the global population from counterfiet of electronic/paper validation.

By comparison it is rare to see meaningful objection to numbered birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates tax numbers,licence numbers, credit cards, debit cards, club membership, Professional ( Doctors, nurses, lawyers,police......etc)! We are numbers in the system already !

So how difficult could it be to reduce a passport to an electronic card carrying a iris scan or fingerprint registered and verifiable from legitimate issue with a simple scan of the same from an individual? Any responsibility for counterfieting that would rest with the issuer for security breach.

Even a card would be possibly redundant in the case where pre approved request/intent (Visa) to arrive in another country or even " Visa on Arrival ", Visa excempt arrivals could be legitimately identified.

I have finally accepted that my identification is compulsorarily associated with my telephone number, my bank cards ( providing info on my location, my purchases, the premises I purchase in , the value of, and any individual items purchased ). And obviously why many governmental policies are determined to remove cash money from the system.

In that light even a "Passport " could be simply associated with your tax number!

Do I like the concept? No ! But I see it coming !

Archived