Thai police to combat bad airport taxis with lecture and sticker

webfact

Similar tactics of not long ago. Anyone remember when the BIB were handing out nasal inhalers to help keep drivers alert during the last big holiday? Photo ops, in bemedalled costumes, are of questionable value, lacking any data to the contrary.

I avoid taxis and motocy. They have much in common with those in the photo op,

The BIB doing what they do best, posing for the media and talking.

Will their taxi course have the usual ' no fail ' policy much loved in education ?

It would be nice to see as much action put into catching the ' unfriendly ' taxi drivers and really putting paid to their activities but it may be down to which option requires the least effort.

We know the problem, whatever it is, will only be made worse as soon as bib are mentioned, much less involved .

The best use for the bib to date, seems to be traffic citations, helmets, liscense, registration, exhaust, etc. Aything else,

let the senior grandma stationed at intersection, settle and handle punishment and enforcement.

Was ripped off once only in Bbk... Was told that my destination was around the corner, so i got out. only to find that I was in the wrong part of the city!

Otherwise the taxi taxi's have treated me fairly well, unlike the unmarked taxi's that are often an only alternative.

But yes, as other posters have commented, if only the rules were enforced, but then... it wouldn't be "amazing Thailand" anymore

Here's an idea: Ban all taxis that have NGV gas tanks in the trunk, which pretty make it impossible to fit more than one piece of large luggage in there.

All taxis serving the airport should be the bigger variety, like the Innova mini vans or in the least have trunks that have full capacity.

On two occasions I've had three friends arrive and they've had to take two taxes because of this.

Another windshield sticker obstructing the drivers view.

Taxi in Pattaya wouldn't take us to a location despite an addressed business card in Thai.

Merely a matter of language barrier. I'm sure he's learned to avoid non Thai speakers.

We gave the card and 100฿ to a songthaew lady and she taxied 3 of us quite a distance. There's always a way it's just worry some if you have a tight schedule.

Few months ago the army was checking the taxi's going out of the airport...so now it's back to the Police to correct the taxi's?

The big general started well but after the start things went back like before and nothing has changed.

In Singapore and Malaysia there are no bad taxi's at the airports, why Thailand can't copy them?

Here's an idea: Ban all taxis that have NGV gas tanks in the trunk, which pretty make it impossible to fit more than one piece of large luggage in there.

All taxis serving the airport should be the bigger variety, like the Innova mini vans or in the least have trunks that have full capacity.

On two occasions I've had three friends arrive and they've had to take two taxes because of this.

Just ask the person who pulls the ticket out of the machine for a big taxi. Seems easy enough. They'll let me jump ahead and have your cast-off and I'll be on my way.

Me, I'll take the next one available because I rarely have more than me and a single bag. I often walk right by groups waiting for the big taxis.

If you were successful getting about 75% the taxis serving the airport banned, how long do you figure we'd all have to wait for the taxis you prefer? It'll take years to get enough of the "right" taxis into the fleet to serve everyone the way you'd like things. In the meantime, we'd all suffer.

So now after the computer gave us a ticket for the taxi we have to go check if he has a sticker or not?

I liked to check if he had an old crappy taxi or not but even that is impossible with this new system. But if the taxi is an old crappy one i will still refuse it.

All Thai Taxi ATT is so much better, nice new taxi's full of computers, it's worth to wait for one of them but don't know if they also go to the airport.

Its quite simple .Untill Thai enforcement by the cops is actually enforced without taking a bribe then the problem will go away! But clearly that is not the case, After all it's Thailand as we have long accepted? Enforcement must come from the top of authority not the bottom ( ass) of authority . If no indicatiom from the top then they form the ass as well!

Why can't they just peel the sticker off?

rolleyes.gif

'Drivers who pass the courses will receive a “Friendly Taxi” sticker to attach on their vehicle to earn trust of their passengers.'

My bad, didn't read far enough. Lecture and a sticker....I thought it was a lecture as in a stern speaking to, and a sticker saying they were bad boys. That's what I get for only reading the headline.

Archived