Anti-Malware

Rob13

I have been using Linux for some 10 years now, occasionally had Clam AV installed but not currently. Noted that Comodo has a free Linux AV and tried d/l but it just does not d/l for Mint 64-bit.

That was my reason for the thread. apparently there's no Clam AV for Mint 64. I only just started using Mint, it doesn't seem to be a big deal right now. As Linux gets more popular I'm concerned about the malware adapting to Linux systems. don't really want to be left with out any protection.

I have been using Linux for some 10 years now, occasionally had Clam AV installed but not currently. Noted that Comodo has a free Linux AV and tried d/l but it just does not d/l for Mint 64-bit.

That was my reason for the thread. apparently there's no Clam AV for Mint 64. I only just started using Mint, it doesn't seem to be a big deal right now. As Linux gets more popular I'm concerned about the malware adapting to Linux systems. don't really want to be left with out any protection.

You might be misinformed about this. I am running Mint 17.3 64-bit Cinnamon on my laptop and desktop machines and have ClamTK on both. ClamTK is just the GUI for ClamAV, as far as I am aware, and is running on a daily schedule. Seems to be working normally as far as I can tell.

ClamTK and associated files are in the Mint Repository.

DM

• 2 weeks later...

Archived