BANGKOK 22 May 2019 18:09
Sign in to follow this  
Boatabike

Teacher Licensing, Culture Testing, TCT

My goodness that post was dug up from 2006!

The latest teacher exam in ISAAN was failed by all who took it. Nationally less than 10% passed it. Does that sound like a test taken anywhere or anytime that is right?

Actually the test you're referring to, was one for government positions for teachers.

The test which we need to take, in order to get our teachers licence, had the pass rates which Aidenai posted

I took the tests myself, and passed both test 1 and 4 (with 74/150 for test 3, so almostttt passed it). I'm not surprised that test 2 had a 0% pass rate, as it was a terrible test.

• Like 1

The latest teacher exam in ISAAN was failed by all who took it. Nationally less than 10% passed it. Does that sound like a test taken anywhere or anytime that is right?

(with 74/150 for test 3, so almostttt passed it).

Bad, bad luck, SlyAnimal. I hope you'll have more luck at Test #12.

I have just checked and I am on waiver 2 sad.png

My first waiver I used for 18 months and then left the school no problems.

My 2nd waiver I only used at a school for 2 1/2 months as a stop gap not thinking about this I left and I am working for a Language School and currently don't need a waiver. Can you inform Krusapha that you no longer work for the school with evidence to back it up, when you left etc..?

I don't l know if it would achieve anything mind.

I just feel cheated wink.png

My other question is, can I attend the Knowledge Tests without doing the Thai Culture Course first?

Also not having a current TL Waiver for my Language school is that OK to do? I have a degree BTW.

Cheers in advance

biggrin.png

Hello,

yes, you can take the Tests without attending the TCT Course first. I believe that taking the Tests should be enough to get you a further waiver.

However sooner or later you will have to take the Tests anyway before you apply for the TL.

I hope it helps.

• Like 1

It's cheaper to hire Philippinos to teach English than farang. The writing is up on the wall, upgrade your qualifications or get replaced.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app