The Bangkok Condo Market in 2016: It's all about Luxury and Foreign Buyers

snoop1130

If you want to make money in property, don't buy in Thailand. Period. It's an unstable military dictatorship with a doubtful economic future. Buy in London or Hong Kong instead. Prices have been rising astronomically for years and show no sign of halting. If you're buying a condo in Bangkok because you can't afford to buy in London or Hong Kong, you should be investing your small money elsewhere.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to make money in property, don't buy in Thailand. Period. It's an unstable military dictatorship with a doubtful economic future. Buy in London or Hong Kong instead. Prices have been rising astronomically for years and show no sign of halting. If you're buying a condo in Bangkok because you can't afford to buy in London or Hong Kong, you should be investing your small money elsewhere.

Use the brain matter. If something has been going up astronomicaly for many years, isn't it fair to say you missed that boat!

You remind me of the newbie stock trader who jumps all in on stock that's swiftly risen by 1000% only to be in tears as it starts it's inevitable decline

Dont leave your day Job, I doubt financial advising is going to end well for you

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

bad advice-I've disproven your ridiculous statement 16 times in chiang mai, Bangkok and Pattaya

• 2 weeks later...

The 98 Wireless is presale in Oct this year at average 550,000 bht/sqm starting from 60 million at a low floor block view unit [emoji87] While the condo market leveled off in city the downtown center locations are going up at a staggering pace with pre sales selling out leaving only resales as a way to get in a building if you miss the pre sale like what occurred at Nimit Langsuan . Bangkok is transforming before our eyes [emoji102]

Fact is a lot of renters sitting on the fence while waiting for the baht to collapse and the condo bubble to burst have now priced themselves out of the market and are stuck. don't get me wrong I love renters as a land Lord the more the better I say as long as it's not me.

Each to their own and if they want to rent then rent but don't make it sound like it's some sort of special club leading to amazing fortunes

​The baht will go down more, economy is not bright at all.

​Property prices are being maintained at inflated levels by rich Thais mostly that buy in bulk and would not lose face to drop the price nor do they feel there is a need to rent or make money now from them. Until the market starts dropping enough that it creates panic. Then watch.

​Hong Kong prices have gone down 11% last year, they are expected to drop up to 25% more this year. a land in Sai Kung (New Teritorries) was sold for development purposes at a value 75% lower than 12 months ago.

Use the brain matter. If something has been going up astronomicaly for many years, isn't it fair to say you missed that boat!

You remind me of the newbie stock trader who jumps all in on stock that's swiftly risen by 1000% only to be in tears as it starts it's inevitable decline

Dont leave your day Job, I doubt financial advising is going to end well for you

Nobody's missed any boat recently (maybe they have 10 years ago), real estate market like any other market goes up and down but over long term up (20-50 years). No different than the stock market.

You buy low and you sell high.

Now it's high. Anybody saying these current prices are a bargain are kidding themselves.

All major cities in the world are expensive. What is the point? Check out condo prices in Paris.

Paris has great terraces, sidewalks, quality restaurants, musea, viewpoints,climate, canalboats, culture,history, police, firebrigade. They also can't speak english though.

All that you'll have to miss in BKK.

in Bangkok, you have stray dogs, broken sidewalk, pollution, traffic jam, heat wave, flooding, cement everywhere.

For rich thai, the property market is the best way for money laundering. With their ill-gotten gains, they buy several unit in the same buildings.

Nobody in his mind will buy a condo in Bkk.

All major cities in the world are expensive. What is the point? Check out condo prices in Paris.

Paris has great terraces, sidewalks, quality restaurants, musea, viewpoints,climate, canalboats, culture,history, police, firebrigade. They also can't speak english though.

in Bangkok, you have stray dogs, broken sidewalk, pollution, traffic jam, heat wave, flooding, cement everywhere.

For rich thai, the property market is the best way for money laundering. With their ill-gotten gains, they buy several unit in the same buildings.

"For rich thai, the property market is the best way for money laundering. With their ill-gotten gains, they buy several unit in the same buildings."

Seriously get some mental help. I'm not even joking a lot of your posts are beyond bizarre

​Property prices are being maintained at inflated levels by rich Thais mostly that buy in bulk and would not lose face to drop the price nor do they feel there is a need to rent or make money now from them. Until the market starts dropping enough that it creates panic. Then watch.

I saw that almost exact same post in 2004, still waiting for the panic.

TH

I saw that almost exact same post in 2004, still waiting for the panic.

TH

"For rich thai, the property market is the best way for money laundering. With their ill-gotten gains, they buy several unit in the same buildings."

Seriously get some mental help. I'm not even joking a lot of your posts are beyond bizarre

you work in the property business, i am just asking?laugh.png

Archived