Canadian Teachers report assault at Pattaya Go-Go Bar

rooster59

Canadian Teachers report assault at Pattaya Go-Go Bar

post-247607-0-25782900-1455315401_thumb.

PATTAYA: Two female Canadian Teachers reported an alleged assault by service staff at a Go-Go Bar in the early hours of Friday.

Miss Cara Harper aged 27 and Miss Shen Arndt aged 25 reported the alleged crime at Pattaya Police Station and described the incident which occurred at the Palace A-Go-Go Bar located in the center of Walking Street.

The pair had gone to the bar and had accrued a drinks bill of approximately 5,000 Baht. The time came for them to leave but they realized they did not have enough money to cover the bill. One of them remained at the bar while the other went to an ATM to withdraw the money.

After some time, the woman had not returned from the ATM so her friend decided to walk out to the front of the bar to search for her but was prevented from doing so by service staff. A fight ensued during which time the detained woman was injured. Despite this the outstanding bill was paid in full by the pair.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221462/canadian-teachers-report-assault-at-pattaya-go-go-bar/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-13

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 5,000 Baht bin at a gogo bar racked up by two female Canucks. That implies a <deleted> load of lady drinks bought for the girls. Or maybe they bought a few baskets of ping pong balls as well? facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Sounds like maybe they bat for the other team.

No excuses for the security staff over reacting to this situation and they deserve some punishment, but really, the two chicks should have had more sense than to rack up a bill that size and not have the cash to cover it.

Physical violence directed towards customers who fall prey to ruthless tactics (presenting padded bills after the customer has lost count and are inebriated)... is pretty much the norm here. Things will not change....so it is wise to insist that you "pay as you go". When going in for a lengthy stay, insist on paying, as each and every drink/round is received. Police will be of no help, when you get upset at the surprise bill (after a few hours of "enjoyment"). Nobody is going to vouch for you on your behalf.

I also prefer to have my bill itemized, and placed in a cup in front of me. Read the front, then flip it over and read the back. Common practices include charging the higher of two prices...for ladies drinks or misunderstanding the waitress when she points to a few other girls and asks you if you want to buy the one sitting with you another drink.

I don't like going to these places anymore.....it's just about buying attention, and never met anybody of any value this way. A hard and expensive lesson. Many bars are fun...these kind are not.

I didn't know anyone actually went to those bars to drink.

I do feel sorry for the two gals, this type of behavior is unconscionable. All they staff needed to do was send someone with the gal to the ATM.

I've been with friends (not at a go-go bar, but a regular beer bar) and we didn't have enough to cover the tab. In one case, the owner said to stop by the next day to pay the bill, as we lived in the area and on another case, one of the staff just came to the ATM. I am sure even the police would have been happy to take a few minutes to help these girls get to an ATM or their hotel to get the money.

The bar did give the girls an opportunity to go to an ATM machine, fair enough.

When the other one tried to leave without anyone paying the bill is when problems arose.

It is actually illegal in Thailand to leave an establishment without paying the bill .

What exactly was the assault ?

The girls dont look harmed

Maybe they were physically stopped from leaving, which is fair enough .

Which has just reminded me, I still have an outstanding bar bill from last week end, really must go and pay it today

What lessons might these 2 learn if they have any brains?

Don't hang around the worst tourist central areas like Walking Street or Bangla Road. The people there can turn hostile very quickly.

Don't get sh1tfaced when you don't have a lot of friends around to help you out.

Thais, particularly those familiar with drunken farangs, do not have unlimited patience with drunken farangs.

Never run up a bill that you cannot pay at the due and expected time.

Don't try to do a runner. This is not farangland.

If you do try to do a runner, expect a beating. This is not farangland.

If you try to do the runner, you will get the beating and still have to pay.

Thailand is not always nice. It can be ruthless.

Do not combine the above errors. It will compound the problem.

When the other one tried to leave without anyone paying the bill is when problems arose.

It is actually illegal in Thailand to leave an establishment without paying the bill .

Which has just reminded me, I still have an outstanding bar bill from last week end, really must go and pay it today

Totally inappropriate. If they try to do a runner, call the police. But to assault a customer is against the law and may have serious consequences, as stated in this article.

From the article:

The injuries sustained to the women were documented by medics at Hospital and a report of the incident will likely be sent to the Governor of Chonburi Province who may decide to impose a closure order of up to 5 years on the venue.

Running up a 5k tab is easy.

Beating up tourists again in walking street, not good bah.gif

But why did the other girl try to leave, ? did she not have a mobile phone

to call her mate at the ATM. ? Or was she going to do a runner.

Why did staff not just go with her to look for her friend or get money from ATM ?

Why were the cops not called before the assault ?

Some more to this story, for sure. wai2.gif

But they should not have bean assaulted

A 5,000 Baht bin at a gogo bar racked up by two female Canucks. That implies a <deleted> load of lady drinks bought for the girls. Or maybe they bought a few baskets of ping pong balls as well? facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Sounds like maybe they bat for the other team.

No excuses for the security staff over reacting to this situation and they deserve some punishment, but really, the two chicks should have had more sense than to rack up a bill that size and not have the cash to cover it.

these teachers need to go back to school they got a lot to learn about Thailand and sure there dikes

A mate and I got sucked into a bar one afternoon with the offer of first drink free by a spruiker in the street. We had the free one and then bought one more each and then decided to leave. The bill should have been for 2 drinks but was for 6. Two ladies had come to sit with us but we did not buy them a drink. They sat uninvited by us. We refused to pay for more than 2 drinks and immediately there were about 8 guys all around us looking very threatening. WELL it looked like we would have to pay. That moment half of an Aussie football team on an end of season trip walked in. I had a word with them and things got tense for a moment, I handed over cash for 2 drinks and we left. Close call.

I personally think you have to be a bit of a dope to spend more money than you have in your pocket.

The tab is on the table in-front of you, take a look every now and again!

You can certainly spend a decent amount in a Canadian club too so it should not have been a big surprise! Or did the girls think someone else would pay for them!

Totally inappropriate. If they try to do a runner, call the police. But to assault a customer is against the law and may have serious consequences, as stated in this article.

From the article:

The injuries sustained to the women were documented by medics at Hospital and a report of the incident will likely be sent to the Governor of Chonburi Province who may decide to impose a closure order of up to 5 years on the venue.

The girls only claim to have been assaulted, which could mean that they were physically stopped from leaving the bar, which is fair enough .

Call the Police ? Do you think that a bar owner would call the Police and watch 5 K go for a walk out the bar, by the time the Police would have got there, they would have been long gone and never to be seen again .

The girls may have been trying to do a runner

^^^ It's possible they didn't realize the bill was getting that large. BTW how do two gals drink 5,000 baht worth of drinks?

it's called "padding the bill!" happens all the time, that's why you should ALWAYS look at the bill when it is delivered to your table, and you should get a bill everytime you order a drink, if you don't LEAVE!

^^^ It's possible they didn't realize the bill was getting that large. BTW how do two gals drink 5,000 baht worth of drinks?

Maybe they were buying drinks for the girls (or boys) at the bar as well. In which case, a 5,000 Baht bill is not outrageous at all.

Maybe they were buying drinks for the girls (or boys) at the bar as well. In which case, a 5,000 Baht bill is not outrageous at all.

Ring the bell and get everyone a drink and 5 K wont last long

OK....it happens.

Meantime, this newspaper article is just more sensational type Journalistic drivel.

Can we please move on to the more important things like:

Known murder perpetrator is apprehend and sentenced to life in prison for the murder of ..........

Or: Former Head of Pattaya police is sentenced to 20 years of hard labor.

You know, the juicy stuff with real substance and meaning...and satisfaction.

Cheers

From the article:

The girls only claim to have been assaulted, which could mean that they were physically stopped from leaving the bar, which is fair enough .

Call the Police ? Do you think that a bar owner would call the Police and watch 5 K go for a walk out the bar, by the time the Police would have got there, they would have been long gone and never to be seen again .

The girls may have been trying to do a runner

Understood. But to have their injuries checked out and verified by hospital staff seems to indicate they are serious. Along with the threat of a 5 years closure for the venue.

The police would for sure help out the bar. If not the police, then the police volunteers, who are always on WS. And just a short walk away from any venue. They took it upon themselves to rough up some women. Big men...

If someone I didn't know personally, and without a prior arrangement, tried to leave my bar without paying a 5k drinks bill ... Things won't be going well for them. Can anyone honestly say that these girls actions were acceptable.

Isn't it great to know that our kids are being coached and taught by the likes of these two .. not.

Archived