Thai police say slain Spaniard's DNA found in suspect's home

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai police say slain Spaniard's DNA found in suspect's home

post-137452-0-22845200-1455321376_thumb.

BANGKOK (AP) — Police in Thailand said Friday they have found bloodstains and DNA from a Spanish victim in the apartment of the Spanish man who was arrested on suspicion of killing and dismembering him.

Police Gen. Panya Mamen said Friday the investigation of the death of David Bernat is 80 percent complete and police are confident they can prosecute Artur Segarra Princep on charges of premeditated murder and concealing a body. Segarra has acknowledged knowing Bernat but denied killing him, police said earlier.

"Now we are just completing the pieces," Panya said.

Police believe Segarra held Bernat against his will and tortured him to force him to transfer as much as 37 million baht ($1.05 million) to his bank account, then killed him and chopped up his body to try to conceal the crime.

On Wednesday, Panya said police found a freezer in Segarra's Bangkok home that they believed was used to store the body, along with what he described as "a book with instructions on how to dismember body parts."

Panya said Friday that police haven't found the weapon used in the crime and some of the victim's belongings. They also don't yet know where the body parts of the victim were originally dumped. They were retrieved over several days from Bangkok's Chao Phraya River.

He also said police are still investigating whether the suspect had accomplices. Police can apply to the courts for permission to hold a suspect for up to 84 days without sending the case for prosecution.

Panya said interrogations had been productive, and that the suspect's Thai girlfriend had been pointing out locations that were useful for the investigation. She is not suspected of taking part in the crime.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-02-13

The double entendre of this statement have put me in overdrive.... but I do not want to be censored by TVPolice again!!!

Let's suffice that it is rather a set piece...body (part/s) located, suspect identified, somehow bits of the deceased are located at/near a property the suspect has frequented, DNA located at suspect's address, at least one party is identified as a foreigner, Shackles, High Court, more death

Panya said interrogations had been productive, and that the suspect's Thai girlfriend had been pointing out locations that were useful for the investigation.

And this one has the added set piece of a Thai girlfriend pointing and being helpful....

"a book with instructions on how to dismember body parts."

An essential addition to everyones library. Filed just next to the other essential books "how to dispose of a body in a river" and book No 3 of the collection "how to get caught for murder by leaving books 1 & 2 at the crime scene"

99.9 % sure the Girlfriend was involved somehow some way and far more than she is saying or admitting as it is / was all about the money.

I am certain, in this case, the Suspect will take the blame for everything and the Thai women will walk away Scott Free and go on with her life as if nothing at all happened....

And probably end up dating one of the police officers attached to the case

Cheers

So assuming he gets found guilty (looks nailed on at this point), does Spain have some kind of deal with Thailand about shipping prisoners back home? Assuming he gets lifed off, just curious as to how long he will do here before being shipped back, if indeed they have an agreement and he doesn't do it all here.

99.9 % sure the Girlfriend was involved somehow some way and far more than she is saying or admitting as it is / was all about the money.

I am certain, in this case, the Suspect will take the blame for everything and the Thai women will walk away Scott Free and go on with her life as if nothing at all happened....

And probably end up dating one of the police officers attached to the case

Cheers

I have the same thought, she is being helpfull pointing out locations, but she didn't see him didn't do it, how she know?

Her co-operation and non involvement may have been expensive for her,Im sure Art would have paid thip money from the several million she helped him withdraw, oh but she think he just a rich man.

Anyway she would not want this money as it is bad money in asian culture it is bad luck money so no problem handing it over.

The Nation reports DNA found in apartment of two men and four women, maybe Art lured his mate in for a bit of girly fun time.

I do not think that it was a solo effort at all.

He said that results of DNA tests of evidences found at a house in Soi Ramkhamhaeng Soi 174, a condominium at Ramk IX area and at another condominium in Sukhumvit were expected within next week.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/894338-footage-shows-spanish-murder-suspect-buying-something-at-a-construction-materials-shop/

Yesterday it was reported that they have the DNA Results next week.

Today they report they have the results.
The coverage is so implausible and misleading.

....if they examined the apartment on the first day....how did they miss all the new evidence...

...and if the girlfriend was there every step of the way...that makes her an accomplice...

...also....the first day they were SURE that several more people...including Thais...were involved....

He said that results of DNA tests of evidences found at a house in Soi Ramkhamhaeng Soi 174, a condominium at Ramk IX area and at another condominium in Sukhumvit were expected within next week.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/894338-footage-shows-spanish-murder-suspect-buying-something-at-a-construction-materials-shop/

Yesterday it was reported that they have the DNA Results next week.

Today they report they have the results.

The coverage is so implausible and misleading.

I read a few reports that said thursday was the day they expected results so spot on .
However the Nation says that they found DNA of two males and four females,
I wonder who they might be and what they were there for????
Seeing the Police suspect the victim was lured then could they have been the bait.
They have Arturs cellphone and they coud easily pull the victims cell phone records, they are not saying much about that or the four females.
I don't believe the GF was not involved, she would be charged as an accomplice in other countries just on what she knows about the crime, $$$$$$.

The double entendre of this statement have put me in overdrive.... but I do not want to be censored by TVPolice again!!!

Let's suffice that it is rather a set piece...body (part/s) located, suspect identified, somehow bits of the deceased are located at/near a property the suspect has frequented, DNA located at suspect's address, at least one party is identified as a foreigner, Shackles, High Court, more death

Panya said interrogations had been productive, and that the suspect's Thai girlfriend had been pointing out locations that were useful for the investigation.

And this one has the added set piece of a Thai girlfriend pointing and being helpful....

Ever occured to you that a thai bf of the surin woman could have done it and that they together r framing the other Spaniard? Planting dna and/or blood stains is not that difficult...

"a book with instructions on how to dismember body parts."

An essential addition to everyones library. Filed just next to the other essential books "how to dispose of a body in a river" and book No 3 of the collection "how to get caught for murder by leaving books 1 & 2 at the crime scene"

I have a book that I leave on the coffee table for when the mother in law visits, with books marks, several of them in fact, used to make it look like reference points.

The book is called Homicide and genocide, how to get away with it.

Oddly, she does nt stay long or visit often.

Result

In case you are wondering, it was well worth the investment getting the book cover professionally made and bound. The actual book is a fascinating autobiography that I love reading.

Guilty or not ! They were either friends or business associates, so how could finding his DNA in the victims home prove that he murdered the man. Surely they need more evidence than this. But i guess, the RTP being the RTP what would one expect ! Lazy bastards at the best !

Money makes people to commit the crime. Money makes people to blame innocent for the crime. Money makes travesty of justice. Money makes crime. Money dehumanize humans. Money is a crime.

Pink Floyd singing a song about money?...I guess they played for a blue-collar salary and very little in their bank accounts..what hypocrites.

Archived