BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Samurai64

Selling motorcycle need help with green book details

I originally had the motorcycle in my name. Then I transferred it to my friends name but they never paid me. I still have the motorcycle but they will not transfer it back and are trying to steal it from. Can I sell the motorcycle with out the green book to someone else? Any suggestions?

What friends did you have wink.png

In a country with rule of law you could try your luck with a criminal complaint about fraud.

But here?

Any hints how to handle this "extrajudicial" would not last in the forum.

Find a place to hide the bike and test your basis for negotiation?

You can't sell legally.

Hard learned lesson.

What kind of bike and whats its value?...I know of people who have bikes with books not in there name and they keep them current and drive them. Sounds like the friend thinks u owe him for somerhing or he is a total tool.

It is not your bike ever since you put it in your friends name. If your friend will not pay you or give it back not a thing you can do.

This is the reason why you only sell a bike for cash in the DLT when the greenbook is being trasferred. No cash, no transfer.

You Maybe can sell it to A Thai for Half or Less of the value...No Book your Bike is Illegal but a few Thais will buy it if is cheap enough

how come to transfer the ownership without getting the price of the motorbike?

sounds mysterious,

However, let;s suppose you are innocent and made the deal on honesty agreement, legally it's not yours,

the only chance is to sell it as spare parts to some garages, but I guess still to be illegal deal in case he report this to police you may face some prosecutions, otherwise pay the price and learn the hard lesson.

Let me guess, your friends are Thai?

Sendt fra min Asus Zenpad via Tapatalk

Ok, on the basis that you already made one mistake you now want some damage limitation.

Immediately move the motorbike to another location, somewhere that the "friend" would not look.

A motorcycle with no green book still has a value and can be sold without the green book, even if its sold for parts. But this is different, it has a green book that is in someone else's name and apparently has disputed ownership.

Try and reason with your friend, did they change their mind ? Did you make some sort of promise and go back on what you offered ? I assume you offered some kind of payment plan, did the friend already make a deposit ?

If you have someone to back up your statement go make a police report and go from there!

Be very careful, the police may back the registered owner or at least seize the bike.

Not sure what your definition of a friend is but you are mistaken in calling the person a friend. coffee1.gif

Tecnologybytes- thanks for the sound advice

The bike was originally in my name on the green book. My ex-girlfriend (girlfriend at the time) was suppose to pay me in parts like a payment plan. So I signed it over to her using it when I came back under agreement the bike was still mine until she had paid me. So far she has not made a single payment. I was stupid to have signed the bike over before it was paid for but I thought I could trust her. Upon first breaking up she said she would have the bike put back in my name. Now she threatens with calling the police. Seeing how she owes me other money and has not made one payment on the bike I need to sell it or just keep it.

Sounds like you should go to the police and ask them before your ex gets there first.

I have seen a couple of scenarios like this, and the other party just pays the police a percentage to enforce the law on their side.

Your Ex will pay, a couple or few thousand baht, tell a story to the police, police come see you - unlikely they would arrest you for theft ( the fact is, the bike is hers, her name is on the book ) but no questions asked, they would ask you for the key and take the bike. She gets a bike for a few 000 and the policeman gets his cut.

Maybe if you visit the cop shop first and explain the story, they will call her in and mediate. IME, Thais are very scared of the police, if they get summoned to the station they get worried and start to behave, maybe she will admit to non-payment, then sign the back of the book and a copy of her ID and the bike is yours again.

It all depends upon who you encounter at the cop shop, wether they want to help and if they can see a situation where they can make a few thousand. I would go in the evening when they parasites aren't too busy, they will call her and ask her to come in for a chat.

But at the end of the day we are talking about a scooter here, right ? A second hand scooter as it now is .. Write it off, lesson learnt and move on.