Good Jewellers

mrbojangles

Hi people,

Landing in Patters next week and want to have a "bangle" type thing made. I know what design and want it made from Gold (ferang not Thai, harder wearing) and silver. I need it making in Thailand as it's gonna have a name in Thai on it.

Can anyone recommend a good jeweller or the likes, that will make from a design.

Many thanks

MrBoJ

P.S. Anyone up for a beer between 29th Oct and 16th Nov in Patters, let me know :o

Hi,

I have had some pieces made in Thailand both Bangkok MBK (which is the better choice) and beach road Pattaya.

If you are only coming to Pattaya I can get the name and address of the Jewellers on Beach road, Very easy to find anyway. They are good making what you require, less misunderstandings than dealing with most Thais and only about 10-15% more expensive than MBK.

To have some thing like this made will take about 5-7 days so if you are having it made in Bangkok you may have to come and go back. Basically Pattaya maybe easier. I would recommend you get the work done as soon as your arrive, then any misunderstandings you can have rectified. Finally NEVER NEVER NEVER tell a Taylor or Jeweller when you are going home, tell them a date about a week before you really are.

Edited by rocky

Cheers Rocky.

I do want to order it in the first week and give them a week to make it. The Mrs left England 2 weeks ago and has gone up to the boonies (Chaiya Phum) and i am meeting her in Jomtien or Patters next week. She tried in Chaiya Phum but they don't do farang gold up there.

She knows exactly the design, so going to a non english speaking jeweller is fine :o

The place I have had jewellery made in Pattaya is a place on beach Road Called SHADA. To find the building check out this MAP,

The shop is situated - look in order on the map I have shown and then count down the shops.

Pattayaland 2 (which I belive is soi 13/4)

Honest Gems & Jewelry

Findig (Shoe Shop)

SHADA

Double Shop front, black marble steps to the shop door.

I can confirm that they speak English and Thai, make in 18 Carat or 22 Carat,

I hope this is of help, if you need any further info please let me know.

By the way you could have this made in MBK second floor for about 2/3 the cost of Pattaya. However if you staying in Pattaya it will cost more going back and forth to Bangkok.

The place I have had jewellery made in Pattaya is a place on beach Road Called SHADA. To find the building check out this MAP,

The shop is situated - look in order on the map I have shown and then count down the shops.

Pattayaland 2 (which I belive is soi 13/4)

Honest Gems & Jewelry

Findig (Shoe Shop)

SHADA

Double Shop front, black marble steps to the shop door.

I can confirm that they speak English and Thai, make in 18 Carat or 22 Carat,

I hope this is of help, if you need any further info please let me know.

By the way you could have this made in MBK second floor for about 2/3 the cost of Pattaya. However if you staying in Pattaya it will cost more going back and forth to Bangkok.

:o:D I go to shada also, must say they have very nice new designs that you DO NOT see everywhere else very original,and nice staff, the only thing which is usual they say they will ring when ready, but never do, so you have to do the ringing they dont really open until 12 each day they also have another shop and factory in walking street but I dont know the name sorry just looked at business card it is called central gems

No one else know of a good jewellers, you bunch of cheap charlie's, who never buy your mrs any gold :o:D

BTW, it can be outside of Patters, doesn't need to be on beach road etc. :D

We bought my wifes engagement ring and had our wedding rings made by Tavat Jewellers on Second Road. Mr Tavat was a really nice guy and seems pretty genuine. That was 5 years ago so don't know if he is still there or what else he makes up. If you come out of Royal Garden plaza entrance next to the Marriott on second road turn right, he's about 50-100 yds up on the left. Incidentally I'll be in Pattaya from 7th to 13th November if you guys are having a drink and watching some English football during that time I'd be interested to escape from the wife and kids for a couple of hours !

Incidentally I'll be in Pattaya from 7th to 13th November if you guys are having a drink and watching some English football during that time I'd be interested to escape from the wife and kids for a couple of hours !

Cheers boogie, i'll check him out.

As for drinkies, we are arranging something for the 11th, venue to be decided later. I'll let you know where :o

Hi people,

Landing in Patters next week and want to have a "bangle" type thing made. I know what design and want it made from Gold (ferang not Thai, harder wearing) and silver. I need it making in Thailand as it's gonna have a name in Thai on it.

Can anyone recommend a good jeweller or the likes, that will make from a design.

Many thanks

MrBoJ

P.S. Anyone up for a beer between 29th Oct and 16th Nov in Patters, let me know :o

Mr Bo I have used Imperial Jewelers soi Pattayland 2 to make an 18 ct ladies Gold bracelet and they did a fine job weight 2 troy ounces. Efficient and at a reasonable price at the time (before the recent hike in the gold price).

Have used Central Gems Walking Street to make good quality rings...again excellent service...although a little on the expensive side.

Amongst others used I would highly recommend iK Jewel Creation in Walking Street ( further down Walking Street on the right after the Nang Nual ). Its like a breath of fresh air to be dealt with by these people....great service and help...not pushy and they will deal well on the price. I have this week purchased a number of rings to retail in the Uk from iK and have managed to buy them at the old gold price. Even the certificate of authentication of the jewells and gold quality is given with an attached photograph of the item.

Try a few places for weight, style and price... and make sure you get the piece stamped i.e. for 18ct 750 or you may have difficulty if you ever want to resell especially in the UK. :D

Edited by Pattaya_Fox