TM30 Experience

CMBob

1 hour ago, Dipterocarp said:

My passport must endure the stresses of CONSTANT international travel.

I got double extra pages in it before the cutoff and hope to get a couple more years use out of it.

That bit of printer paper that constitutes the TM 30 notice won't last, will come out, and possibly be lost and as it has no purpose other than proffering to Chiang Mai immigration, it is better off sitting in my desk as it has for the past year or so and already has 10 update stamps on it. I don't want to take the TM30 notice out of Thailand. I don't work in Thailand. My passport has business/ work visas from 3 other countries and although they promised not to the girl stapled it right through my active QR code sticker for Japan possibly damaging it. Irritating. 

The entry IOs at the airport have not been even stapling the departure cards for years.

You said  "I can't have any bits of paper stapled into my passport".  What you really mean is you do not WISH to have them stapled into your passport , not a case of some legal reason. 

You are no more a big international flyer than a large number of other people, including possibly myself, but many find it very convenient to have "bits of paper" stapled into their passports by those in authority who think or are trying to help us in case we lose them.

It is very easy to remove the unwanted staple.

I suggest you take a little nap and vent your rage at the local mosquito or two.

PS;  My departure card is always stapled into my passport on every entry!  Maybe you have upset someone at Immigration!

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You asked "Why?" I explained. Now it sounds unfortunately you mean to be insulting.

• They have not been stapling  departure cards in my passport for years fine if they do as long as visas are not damaged.
  • Perhaps this is the way things are done at the Fast Track lane. Not because I fly business class always but because I am in the Thailand Elite program, which immigration does not like in my opinion. Yes I can take out the staple if I want to.

As for my venting of "rage" I will save it for gate agents and US TSA goons who insist on using my passport as a clipboard (occasionally making marks on it). I even had one Japanese ANA girl absent-mindedly stick the corner of my passport in her mouth getting lipstick on it while she typed on a computer with her other hand.  I don't know if she liked me or something but I had to tell her  "You know I don't think that is very clean anymore but could you please not put my passport in your mouth!?!?"  You see this small green ring of ink bled over from a Philippine entry stamp to a China Visa. "You visa invalid!!" See a pen mark on the signature page? Mumbai India - "This passport is mutilated sir, you must go back". My company pays for my passport and visas but I don't rate an assistant anymore, all the legwork is up to me, on my own time, so I would just wish that airline agents and government officials officials  show a little more respect for a most important and time consuming document.

And now from 2018 I won't be attending Promenada to lodge TM30 updates for two minutes (or two hours) anyway. It has been arranged that front desk at my Condo can do it for me. No more bits of paper stapled. Allelujah.

Sawastdee Pee Mai Khrap!

china09.jpg

sigpage.jpg

2 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

It has been arranged that front desk at my Condo can do it for me.

It has always been your condo/flat/hotel/book owner to report who is staying in "THEIR" premises for TM30 purposes unless you are the owner.  Their is no new arrangement.

I am glad you have enjoyed your pointless elitist rant. 

2 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

girl absent-mindedly stick the corner of my passport in her mouth getting lipstick on it while she typed on a computer with her other hand. 

I have just spotted this one.  She only has two hands so if she is typing with her other hand what is she doing with her other "other" hand?

The mind boggles - and that is without saying anything about getting lipstick on your "passport".  Is that a new euphemism that we cannot discuss on TV.

Suggest you take a cool pill and chill out. 

• 6 months later...
On 12/30/2017 at 6:23 AM, Dipterocarp said:

Did a TM30 update at Promenada on Thursday. No waiting, no line, took 2 minutes.

(Last time it took two hours). Only problem I can't have any bits of paper stapled to my passport but they did it anyway..after I asked them politely not to.  "Sorry".

Is this the normal wait as I've read with horror on here some of the very long waiting times and I'm dreading going in on a Monday morning in 3 weeks to do my TM30.

43 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

I've never done a TM-30 in the 13 years + I have been here...what's my secret? 

Presuming you live and extend annually in Chiangmai province, your secret is pure luck (and/or somebody, perhaps a condo office, filed one for you). 

29 minutes ago, JimGant said:

tian.jpg.4bdff9f0764483ede3b06885db3f3e40.jpg

You'll need one for your next extension. Even the agents now require that you have your TM30 receipt. The insert is the requirement handout from TIAN.

And he will also be slapped with a 1600 baht fine.

Can Chiang Mai become anymore prison like with their enforcement of baht grabbing rules.

Sad to see it all go so badly these last few years.

But it was expected as a larger & larger Falang population grew & willingly paid into the corrupt system thru backhanders via an agent or directly thru the IMM sister companies next door/upstairs

The CM Imm crew will never give up the extra income now from things like TM30 enforcement or residence certification etc etc

CM now the largest Falang Prison in Thailand

Glad we sold the CM condo & kept a home far to the north where Imm is as yet not infected

Try to remember fellow foreigners CM is not the only nice spot & you do not need to bend over & spell Run every time you

visit an Thai immigration office

In my opinion, this is the biggest deception of foreigners for collecting money.

1. I have lived in Thailand for 10 years.
2. I have a yellow book with my registration address for the last few years.
3. Every 90 days I file a report with mine address. For 10 years, it has never changed.
4. Once a year I extend my spouse visa, where my home address is also indicated exactly.

When I renewed the visa for the last time, I was asked to fill in the form T30, and fined 1600thb because: Oh! We do not have information about your address in Thailand!

I'm sorry, what?

5 hours ago, Caffeine said:

In my opinion, this is the biggest deception of foreigners for collecting money.

1. I have lived in Thailand for 10 years.
2. I have a yellow book with my registration address for the last few years.
3. Every 90 days I file a report with mine address. For 10 years, it has never changed.
4. Once a year I extend my spouse visa, where my home address is also indicated exactly.

When I renewed the visa for the last time, I was asked to fill in the form T30, and fined 1600thb because: Oh! We do not have information about your address in Thailand!

I'm sorry, what?

I was informed by an 'insider' two years ago that they were told to collect money towards the building cost of the new Airport office and this was an easy way to do it by enforcing a rule which has always been on the books but never previously actually enforced.   Make of it what you will but bearing in mind Bangkok wouldn't even pay their moving costs to Promenada, it seems to make some sense.

Archived