Refusal of UK visit visa for child

Just got our applications back for UK visit visa for my wife and our niece who lives with us. My wifes visa was granted but the visa for our niece was refused on the grounds that we did not have permission from her father. We included a consent form notorised at the local amphur from her mother and translated into english. On the UK visa website it clearly states permission from PARENT OR GAURDIAN.I feal we have complied with these instructions so what grounds do they have to refuse and could we complain and receive the funds back?

As always comments are speculation without seeing the exact wording. Ideally post the refusal notice, having obscured any identifying details.

Sounds typical of the way UKVI staff work now. They will pounce on anything they can to refuse a visa so if this is the only reason then reapply but make sure information is given regarding the father. If he is AWOL make sure they know this! If he is part of her life, get written permission!

Unlike some here, I am quite convinced ECO's get brownie points for refusals! Complaining will probably get you nowhere, nor will a review. Reapply with further information unless the ECO missed this information.

As always comments are speculation without seeing the exact wording. Ideally post the refusal notice, having obscured any identifying details.

Sounds typical of the way UKVI staff work now. They will pounce on anything they can to refuse a visa so if this is the only reason then reapply but make sure information is given regarding the father. If he is AWOL make sure they know this! If he is part of her life, get written permission!

Unlike some here, I am quite convinced ECO's get brownie points for refusals! Complaining will probably get you nowhere, nor will a review. Reapply with further information unless the ECO missed this information.

We had stated that the parents had a turbulent relationship and that is why she lived with us. I agree with you about the brownie points, this is her second refusal, the first one was because my wife was also refused. Why did they not give this as a reason then.? Why also publish what is required and then go against it? Will post the refusal when I have sight of it