Booze and pills before broadcast, drunk reporter confesses

webfact

Booze and Pills Before Broadcast, Drunk Reporter Confesses
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14556844451455684471l.jpg
Still image from Channel 3 sports reporter Nattaway Ingkavitan’s Saturday night ‘Sports Update’ segment.

BANGKOK — A television sports presenter admitted Tuesday that he went on the air drunk Saturday after a clip of him stuttering and slurring his words went viral.

Channel 3 correspondent Nattawat Ingkavitan owned up to his bosses that he was still drunk from booze and pills at a party earlier in the evening when he arrived at the station to do his “Sports Update” report Saturday night, in which he went on the air looking confused and punctuating his slurred speech with long pauses.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1455684445

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-17

he had the standard excuse for many wrong doings in this country, i was drunk. then he just needs to give some B.S. excuse for why he was drunk, girlfriend left him or something like that. in my 9 years in thailand, living and working, i have found it very rare thais admit to their mistakes or apologize. this is just my personal experience. i actually remember the one time one of my thai staff apologized to me, remember it because it was the only time it happened.

Yes it was because of a party he was drunk - it wasn't his fault, I am sure those bad people throwing the party force fed the booze and pills to him. Newsflash: an adult can actually go to a party and not drink - especially if you need to be on TV a few hours later.

AFAIK, there's no law in Thailand prohibiting being on television, or doing sports reporting, while under the influence of alcohol (though Channel 3 may well have some employee personnel policy about that).

Heck, based on past episodes, there apparently also isn't any law against Thai lawmakers being under the influence of alcohol when making and voting on laws.

But for the Channel 3 guy, taking the unspecified pills along with the alcohol might be an entirely different discussion, depending on what kind of pills were involved.

AFAIK, there's no law in Thailand prohibiting being on television, or doing sports reporting, while under the influence of alcohol (though Channel 3 may well have some employee personnel policy about that).

Heck, based on past episodes, there apparently also isn't any law against Thai lawmakers being under the influence of alcohol when making and voting on laws.

But for the Channel 3 guy, taking the unspecified pills along with the alcohol might be an entirely different discussion, depending on what kind of pills were involved.

Those pills are A-Okay! Contraceptive pills...

he had the standard excuse for many wrong doings in this country, i was drunk. then he just needs to give some B.S. excuse for why he was drunk, girlfriend left him or something like that. in my 9 years in thailand, living and working, i have found it very rare thais admit to their mistakes or apologize. this is just my personal experience. i actually remember the one time one of my thai staff apologized to me, remember it because it was the only time it happened.

The wrongdoing was being drunk. He didn't use being drunk as an excuse for being drunk.. He has manned up and admitted he was drunk. Kudos to him for being honest. No kudos for you for trying to slag off Thais

The wrongdoing was being drunk. He didn't use being drunk as an excuse for being drunk.. He has manned up and admitted he was drunk. Kudos to him for being honest. No kudos for you for trying to slag off Thais

Get your ethics right, he is a public figure, great example for others including children. Why are so many posters not able to determine right from wrong as a basic principle

Why is this news? The guy handled well whatever he had to do. Being under influence doing your job is not good, but it happens. He didn't do any harm, so why so much fuss about it?

Exactly and pathetic some here trying to make a joke about a serious subject.

Time for some of these stories to be in the not much ado about nothing news sub-forum an leave this one to important news.

slag off thais? read my post again. i made an observation about my years of life in thailand.

Archived