Pattaya Roundup This Weekend (Feb 19-21)

impulse

At the risk of starting a flame war over AA and actually paying for a weekend of great fun and friendship (without an open bar), I highly recommend this annual event to anyone in recovery, or considering stopping drinking.

http://thailandroundup.weebly.com/

If it doesn't work for you, you're a stone's throw away from some of the most popular drinking holes in the world.

AA has no due or fees.

Having said that, I have had been to that event(which makes a profit) and had fun. One reason I stopped going was that they introduced double pricing for farang!

Why they chose the spiritual mecca of Pattaya still confuses me.

AA has no due or fees.

Having said that, I have had been to that event(which makes a profit) and had fun. One reason I stopped going was that they introduced double pricing for farang!

They were carrying the message not sitting around guarding it.

How many Thai were there.

You might want to consider that they have a minimum wage far below what we farongs bring in Particularly if you are retired. You have a minimum of 65,000 baht to spend. some times it is not cheap to carry the message. Where I came from they had a double price system also if you were destitute it was free.

AA has no due or fees.

They were carrying the message not sitting around guarding it.

How many Thai were there.

You might want to consider that they have a minimum wage far below what we farongs bring in Particularly if you are retired. You have a minimum of 65,000 baht to spend. some times it is not cheap to carry the message. Where I came from they had a double price system also if you were destitute it was free.

Many Thais(about 50) I know went for free, like they do every year. In my first year of sobriety I couldn't go because I had no money. Thank God for old Tom who went to the Bangkok meeting that night. If he hadn't been there, I'd have been all alone with 4 months of sobriety.

I wonder how much the speaker cost this time to be flown in from the USA, paid hotel and pocket money? Have Somchai from Roi Et speak for free and save $2000. Carrying the message my arse, it all a show.

Archived