Police deny torturing Bangkok bombing suspect

webfact

Police Deny Torturing Bangkok Bombing Suspect
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14557136441455713667l.jpg
Adem Karadag,31, aka Bilal Mohammed, is led Tuesday from the military court in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — The head investigator of Bangkok’s deadly August shrine bombing said today their chief suspect in the attack was never tortured as alleged by his lawyer, who may be charged for defaming the police.

A day after defense lawyer Schoochart Kanpai publicly accused police of torturing his client, 31-year-old Adem Karadag, police officials today insisted neither Karadag, who is also known as Bilal Mohammed, nor co-defendant Yusufu Mieraili were ever physically or psychologically abused.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1455713644&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-18

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The client informs his lawyer that he was tortured and the lawyer raises his concerns. Now he faces prosecution for simply representing his client as best as possible. Sounds like corruption and an attempt to tie the hands of the defence and stack all the cards for the prosecution.

Justified pressure maybe a better way to discribe abuse ( IF ) it was perpetrated in this case, wanting to stop any acomplices who may have also planned more bombings, the fear and pressure driving those interrogators would have been immense

trying to ascertain the truth and ( STOP ) more innocent carnage, He still has his eyes and fingers and is walking , still breathing free air and eating tax payers money,

I am not surprised at the claim from his lawyer , what else could he have said ," something like my client is innocent "

Is there not a law where the interrogation has to be filmed or audiotaped?

What about the Spanish guy accused of mirder? Did he simply confess after the first time of asking? Or do Spain hold more weight than Burma and a China who doesn't give a hoot about their Muslim minority?

While I don't justify the alleged abuse I can think and say this. If you get a reputation of seriously torturing the people who do these type of heinous acts it will make your country less of a target. Look at the bleeding hearts in the EU. France gets shot to hell and then they take on more refugees. Systematic coordinated rapes in Germany and yet Merkel is still bringing in more people. Why invite this type of actions into your home and accept it. If someone came into my home and messed with my daughter I would not simply accept it.

Thoughts to ponder

"Police Deny Torturing Bangkok Bombing Suspect"

"What is your job at the police department?"

"I deny torturing suspects."

"i see. what else do you do?"

"that's all. it's a full time job denying torture. two shifts, 12 hours a day, 24/7."

Letter from BIB mother. My son no torture.

Justified pressure maybe a better way to discribe abuse ( IF ) it was perpetrated in this case, wanting to stop any acomplices who may have also planned more bombings, the fear and pressure driving those interrogators would have been immense

trying to ascertain the truth and ( STOP ) more innocent carnage, He still has his eyes and fingers and is walking , still breathing free air and eating tax payers money,

I am not surprised at the claim from his lawyer , what else could he have said ," something like my client is innocent "

Justified pressure? I believe that the Spanish Inquisition, gestapo, NKVD, KGB and other visious organisations have used that defence over the years.

The end justifies the means if the end gets us the answer we want. Torture always gets the answer it is seeking it's true.

To claim it finds the truth though is laughably naive and utter BS.

I in all honesty, I got no sympathy for this terrorist and care nothing about his present or future. Terrorists deserve no sympathy ever!

No they don't I agree.

Those who are innocent yet are tortured into saying they are terrorists however do so.

Unless you are one of those who believe all Muslims are guilty because they follow Islam.

Hah, can't be right, no one's that blindly prejudiced are they.

are there statistics somewhere about how effective torture actually is to obtain information?

I'm not talking about pressuring suspects into confessing a crime, I am talking about torture with the goal of extracting information.

US intelligence services obviously believe waterboarding yields results, but do statistics exist ?

Is there not a law where the interrogation has to be filmed or audiotaped?

What about the Spanish guy accused of mirder? Did he simply confess after the first time of asking? Or do Spain hold more weight than Burma and a China who doesn't give a hoot about their Muslim minority?

There are a lot of things that do not enter interrogation rooms, in most countries. The law is one of them.

I doubt these guys were the only 2 involved, and probably not the masterminds. It suits the powers that be to quickly wrap this up and put it behind them so the tourists keep on coming, and any incompetence on their part isn't scrutinised under the public eye.

"Adem Karadag, 31, aka Bilal Mohammed, told the military court Tuesday he was not even in Thailand at the time of the Aug. 17 explosion at the Erawan Shrine, which killed mostly foreign tourists.

"Through his lawyer Schoochart Kanpai, Karadag admitted to entering Thailand illegally with a fake passport"

"Abdullahman took him from a hotel in Vietnam to Laos and then entered Thailand on Aug. 21"

The only thing, the police needs to do, is to check, when Adem Karadag truly left Laos and entered Thailand, with his fake passport. Had that been done, checked with Laotian an Thai immigration?

The client informs his lawyer that he was tortured and the lawyer raises his concerns. Now he faces prosecution for simply representing his client as best as possible. Sounds like corruption and an attempt to tie the hands of the defence and stack all the cards for the prosecution.

who cares he is guilty of killing many good people ( as it is him in the CCTV footage ) wish they had tortured him longer another example of muslim agression and wrong interpretation of the koran , as i say the koran needs to be written again and make it clear that killing people is wrong and any muslim that does should be stripped of being a muslim

Archived