BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Police deny torturing Bangkok bombing suspect

Police Deny Torturing Bangkok Bombing Suspect
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14557136441455713667l.jpg
Adem Karadag,31, aka Bilal Mohammed, is led Tuesday from the military court in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — The head investigator of Bangkok’s deadly August shrine bombing said today their chief suspect in the attack was never tortured as alleged by his lawyer, who may be charged for defaming the police.

A day after defense lawyer Schoochart Kanpai publicly accused police of torturing his client, 31-year-old Adem Karadag, police officials today insisted neither Karadag, who is also known as Bilal Mohammed, nor co-defendant Yusufu Mieraili were ever physically or psychologically abused.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1455713644&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-18

The client informs his lawyer that he was tortured and the lawyer raises his concerns. Now he faces prosecution for simply representing his client as best as possible. Sounds like corruption and an attempt to tie the hands of the defence and stack all the cards for the prosecution.

I wouldn't swap a bucket of p1ss for his future, will die long before he gets anywhere near completing any sentence. If he is alive 5 years later I will be truly amazed.

Justified pressure maybe a better way to discribe abuse ( IF ) it was perpetrated in this case, wanting to stop any acomplices who may have also planned more bombings, the fear and pressure driving those interrogators would have been immense

trying to ascertain the truth and ( STOP ) more innocent carnage, He still has his eyes and fingers and is walking , still breathing free air and eating tax payers money,

I am not surprised at the claim from his lawyer , what else could he have said ," something like my client is innocent "

Nobody will ever believe that authorities would decide who they want held responible and then frame/fabricate/manipulate/convienently lose evidence to suit and avoid the effort of a thorough investigation.

Again the police demand to be taken at their word & for added oomph decide to wheel out the defamation card.. A sick outfit at best. This guy in chains is done, Koh Tao case all over again

Is there not a law where the interrogation has to be filmed or audiotaped?

What about the Spanish guy accused of mirder? Did he simply confess after the first time of asking? Or do Spain hold more weight than Burma and a China who doesn't give a hoot about their Muslim minority?

"Police Deny Torturing Bangkok Bombing Suspect"

"What is your job at the police department?"

"I deny torturing suspects."

"i see. what else do you do?"

"that's all. it's a full time job denying torture. two shifts, 12 hours a day, 24/7."

I in all honesty, I got no sympathy for this terrorist and care nothing about his present or future. Terrorists deserve no sympathy ever!

So if the guy is found innocent, then he would be able to sue the police for defamation??

Of course we did not torture this guy. Now shut up about it before we sue you!

Not sue. Defamation in Thailand falls under criminal law, not civil. The lawyer- or anyone really - could go to jail for slandering police in thailand