Meth, ice and 400 kilograms of marijuana: Major drug arrests across Thailand this week

webfact

Meth, ice and 400 kilograms of marijuana: Major drug arrests across Thailand this week
Staff writer

thailand-drug-smuggling.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A drug crackdown across Thailand on production and trafficking is in full swing right now, as evidenced by two major drug arrests at the start of this week alone.

Monday saw the seizure of 1.9 million meth pills and 10 kg of crystal meth “ice”, alongside the arrests of two suspects in Ayutthaya province, reports the Bangkok Post.

Acting on intelligence that Hmong drug couriers were planning to smuggle a haul from Chiang Rai down to Ayutthaya, narcotics police were deployed along their potential routes in a bid to intercept them.

Two pick-up trucks were identified as being possible search targets; while one escaped towards Bangkok and was later found abandoned on the Ayutthaya – Suphan Buri road, the other was seized and found to contain 950 packages containing the meth and ice.

Somchart Akararoongrote and Roongroj Sae Hoe, 29 and 31 years old respectively and both of Tak province, were arrested in connection with the haul.

Full story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/meth-ice-and-400-kilograms-of-marijuana-major-drug-arrests-across-thailand-this-week/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-02-18

Why bother with weed? Waste of time and resources. Not sure I'd the other stuff should be left actually as the war on drugs is a war on the people and usually a war on poor people.

As long as it is illegal there is a vast pool of money to be made by the 'authorities' in controlling supply.

It's always the mules that get busted. Why don't the police follow the delivery drivers and then arrest the dealers as well? Too much like hard work, or are the dealers connected?coffee1.gif Both...cheesy.gif

The police dealers sacrifice a few mules every now and again to keep everyone happy(apart from the mule and it's family). All the profits that the mules has made over the time he has been allowed to mule is eventually back to the big brown guys.

It's always the mules that get busted. Why don't the police follow the delivery drivers and then arrest the dealers as well? Too much like hard work, or are the dealers connected?coffee1.gif Both...cheesy.gif

The police dealers sacrifice a few mules every now and again to keep everyone happy(apart from the mule and it's family). All the profits that the mules has made over the time he has been allowed to mule is eventually back to the big brown guys.

yep well said. the whole "war on drugs" thing is a massive scam the world over

The stupid thing is that if weed (which doesn't actually cause any problems to anybody) was cheap and easy to get and wasn't illegal, the market for meth (which does cause problems, both for the user and often people who happen to come into contact with the user) would dry up. Why use something expensive and illegal when other legal alternatives are available? When I was travelling in Thailand in 1970 / 71, it seemed like everyone I met smoked weed. It was cheap and very good, and the police didn't seem very interested. As a result, I never came across anybody using anything else apart from alcohol.

As soon as you 'crack down' on weed, other (more dangerous and more easily transportable) stuff will appear to fill the gap in the market. It's not rocket science. I saw the same thing happen in Melbourne in '72. Locally grown grass was cheap, good and in plentiful supply. Then came the 'crack down' and the weed supply dried up, only to be replaced almost immediately by a flood of heroin. In the next year or two, I lost several of my (previously dope smoking) friends to overdoses. Had the weed supply not dried up, they'd probably still be alive today.

If it was up to me I'd do away with all drugs laws. They don't work. In fact the 'war on drugs' is not only an abysmal failure, it has actually created a huge market for hard drugs. Stupidity writ large.

Right...whateva...it's forbidden..do NOT DO!

BUT

Gunja helps against cancer...true or not? TRUE!

Alcohol is killing people, true or not? TRUE!

Please world...stop marjuana being illegal!

​Meth, Ice, hero, coaine...yes bad..yes illegal...TRUE as it should be.

Right...whateva...it's forbidden..do NOT DO!

BUT

Gunja helps against cancer...true or not? TRUE!

Alcohol is killing people, true or not? TRUE!

Please world...stop marjuana being illegal!

​Meth, Ice, hero, coaine...yes bad..yes illegal...TRUE as it should be.

You're basically asking for it and you're right. Dutch professors once made a research if people could - theoretically- die from smoking pot/hash.

It's possible, but you'll have to smoke 25 kg of finest hand rolled Afghani in only ten minutes.

Archived