Making Thai Script Show On Microsoft "excel"

WaiWai

I assume that you are using windows. If so, open your control panel, go to regional and language settings and add Thai as a second language. An EN or TH will appear in the lower tool bar and you can toggle between English and Thai by clicking on that button.

Tried that - didn't help.

Can type Thai onto the spreadsheet but cannot display the Thai in the spreadsheet typed by someone else. (File created by someone else and downloaded from internet).

I assume that you are using windows. If so, open your control panel, go to regional and language settings and add Thai as a second language. An EN or TH will appear in the lower tool bar and you can toggle between English and Thai by clicking on that button.

This is unnecessary for the Excel of Office 2000 on Word 2000. It can display fine on a system with a default system page of Latin-1 and the UK keyboard, which is probably the 'out of the box' setting for the UK. I think it also works with no complex script support enabled, but I must check just how basic a set of support I am stuck with on Word 2000 - I have no business case for being able to display Hindi text or enter non-English text easily. So, the obvious questions to Wai Wai are:

What version of the operating system are using?

If Windows NT/2000/XP, do you have access to administrator privileges?

What version of Excel are you using?

Have you enabled complex script support? (This might be a key question on Windows XP, but I suspect not.)

What do you see when you cut and paste Thai text from Internet Explorer Version 6 to Excel?

What font is the text set to?

[What version of the operating system are using?

If Windows NT/2000/XP, do you have access to administrator privileges?

What version of Excel are you using?

Have you enabled complex script support? (This might be a key question on Windows XP, but I suspect not.)

What do you see when you cut and paste Thai text from Internet Explorer Version 6 to Excel?

What font is the text set to?

Windows XP, administrator privileges

MS Office 2000

Don't know about complex script support

When I cut and paste Thai from IE6 into Excel, I see the Thai script

Font AngsanaUPC

Thanks for the help!

Is the problem now solved? I'm not sure from your answer. (There's the remote possibility that the Thai text in the original spreadsheet was being interpreted as Latin-1 - that would show as gibberish whereas with a plain font problem it would show as rectangles.)

Can type Thai onto the spreadsheet but cannot display the Thai in the spreadsheet typed by someone else. (File created by someone else and downloaded from internet).

It looks like that spreadsheet uses a Thai font that is not installed on your computer and Excel does not default to another Thai font.

If this is the case, you probably know how to deal with it: search and replace based on font names.

---------------

Maestro