More late-night bars raided by District Officers in Pattaya

webfact

More late-night bars raided by District Officers in Pattaya

bar-3-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday, a team of over 30 District Officers, conducted checks on Bars around Pattaya to ensure none were open too late or were allowing underage patrons inside.

The raids began at 3am and the first bar to encounter problems was the Easy Enjoy Bar located at the Northern-end of Pattaya Beach Road. Apart from opening after its permitted licensed operating hours, the venue was seen to be selling Shisha, which is prohibited in Pattaya. Officers seized 5kgs of the Shisha and 8 smoking devices. Khun Wongsatit aged 35 is the owner of the bar and was arrested.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221586/more-late-night-bars-raided-by-district-officers-in-pattaya/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-02-19

I visited one establishment of the shiny poles last night to be greeted with a rather sedate and covered up line up.

Mama told me they had been alerted of likely visits over the next few days and had been proactive....

Very dull....

Thais love to party, Pattaya is the greatest party city in the world IMO. Parties everywhere every night, live music everywhere, gay pubs, Tomboy pubs (my favorite), Thai pubs and about 2,500 bars for the tourists.

They will never be able to stop this, it has been like it for years and is only getting bigger with the huge influx of happy, partying Thais descending on Pattaya.

The party never stops in Pattaya!!!!!!

I have to thank the authorities. I cancelled subscriptions to cabarets, political theatres and sarcastic magazines.

I am getting the daily fix through the official Thailand. 30 officers for one bar while the karaoke next door on the dark side keeps dozens of citizens awake with its blasting of absof"*ç%lutely wrong tunes and chores. Their episode of arresting those criminal retirees playing bridge with an avalanche of 50 officers - mind you, old people have more experience in how to run away - pathetic. And then the authorities report 30 million tourists in 2015 - who brought in less than half of when they reported 20 million tourists.

Well done - thank you! Next on the agenda is arrest all those dogs making the main entrances of those 7/11s their home; after all they could be infected with contagious barking giggle.gif

Thais love to party, Pattaya is the greatest party city in the world IMO. Parties everywhere every night, live music everywhere, gay pubs, Tomboy pubs (my favorite), Thai pubs and about 2,500 bars for the tourists.

They will never be able to stop this, it has been like it for years and is only getting bigger with the huge influx of happy, partying Thais descending on Pattaya.

Noise, drunks and vomit 24/7, sounds lovely whistling.gif

Women, wine and song!!!! 24/7/365. It is not for everyone. It is what it is, certainly not for everyone, but it is fun!!!

And for hanging it on Thai music, I totally disagree, there is much musical talent in this country. If it wasn't for the fact that it is only in the Thai language it would be popular around the world. Thai rock, pop, morlam, look tung, for life music, classic, heavy metal, central tai etc. it is as diverse as the food here, which is one of the worlds great cuisines. Some areas have ten plus different music channels. Karaoke everywhere. So much fun.

Why do farangs complain about Thais enjoying their music in their own country?

I visited one establishment of the shiny poles last night to be greeted with a rather sedate and covered up line up.

Mama told me they had been alerted of likely visits over the next few days and had been proactive....

Very dull....

Bugger. It won't last though, they can't guard every place, every night.

And it was very convenient that they were forewarned.

Nothing going on here. All good. Nothing to report. I love it.

Is the official in the photo sniffing the liquor, or is he going to neck it from the bottle ?

why would he be sniffing it, even if they half filled with vodka its not illegal to mix your drinks,,, he necked it.

Is the official in the photo sniffing the liquor, or is he going to neck it from the bottle ?

why would he be sniffing it, even if they half filled with vodka its not illegal to mix your drinks,,, he necked it.

Love the smile on the Tom, looks that beautiful Thai smile they use to smile their way out of trouble.

Love the smile on the Tom, looks that beautiful Thai smile they use to smile their way out of trouble.

Yep she has the look that says " He would be better off not drinking that , I know what is in the bottle , he doesn't "

Yep she has the look that says " He would be better off not drinking that , I know what is in the bottle , he doesn't "

She could be thinking, 'He's a man. He knows nothing!' 555

Jesus Christ, i thought that was a bloke, the first one to the left of

the cop. scary stuff. shock1.gif

Jesus Christ, i thought that was a bloke, the first one to the left of

the cop. scary stuff. shock1.gif

They are scary characters, control freaks too.

Aren't there some bridge rings they should be breaking up? I hear some retiree associations are thinking of moving into the Pattaya "upstairs bridge scene". Why fritter away limited and valuable trained manpower resources on penny-ante games like drugs & underage enforcement when there are major bridge collars to be had? 'Just makes no sense!

Women, wine and song!!!! 24/7/365. It is not for everyone. It is what it is, certainly not for everyone, but it is fun!!!

And for hanging it on Thai music, I totally disagree, there is much musical talent in this country. If it wasn't for the fact that it is only in the Thai language it would be popular around the world. Thai rock, pop, morlam, look tung, for life music, classic, heavy metal, central tai etc. it is as diverse as the food here, which is one of the worlds great cuisines. Some areas have ten plus different music channels. Karaoke everywhere. So much fun.

Coz the music is Crap, an Thais cannot sing esp karoke.

That,s just so true, the guys are the worst 1zgarz5.gif

We don't complain about the music,i like it as well.It's the hours that they play it.Ever tried to sleep when a likay is going on?

Harsh and generalising.....there is some good Thai music. No need to be so narrow-minded and scathing. You think there is no crap music from your country of origin??

Reminds me of the time when an Australian customs officer smell my piss bottle.I warned her not to,the look on her face was priceless.Don't rekon she had smoko that day,probably went home sick.Haven't seen her on my last few trips,maybe she is on permanent sick leave,scarred for life.

Harsh and generalising.....there is some good Thai music. No need to be so narrow-minded and scathing. You think there is no crap music from your country of origin??

Some people enjoy complaining, if it is not about the music, it would be about something else. Some people come here and complain that it is too warm.

Hmm Thais can not sing? All Thais I know can sing. Some better than others. Westerners can be very critical of other people's singing, which is why it is not common in western countries like it is here. Too critical.

Singing is for fun. Some people just take fun things too seriously. No fun in that. I would rather listen to an ordinary singer than a good complainer any day.

Singing. The best Thai music bands have Filipino singers.

No they don't, they are Philippine bands playing western music, not Thai bands playing Thai music. The girls in checkinn99 can sing the one Thai song though sad.png

I don't wish to hear one more western song

murdered by these so called singers.

Thais should stick to singing Thai songs and the same for the Filipinos and Filipino songs.

They both do the job very well, thumbsup.gif

But singing western songs NO Way bah.gif

Some people enjoy complaining, if it is not about the music, it would be about something else. Some people come here and complain that it is too warm.

Hmm Thais can not sing? All Thais I know can sing. Some better than others. Westerners can be very critical of other people's singing, which is why it is not common in western countries like it is here. Too critical.

Singing is for fun. Some people just take fun things too seriously. No fun in that. I would rather listen to an ordinary singer than a good complainer any day.

Thais have a real genius for singing, and to a lesser extent dance. No they can't sing western music, that get left to others, but look at any Thai talent show where they are singing Thai songs and the quality of the talent is very impressive. Also the judges are far better usually than idiots like Simon Cowell who is utterly clueless about singing. Before anyone says the music is 'crap' they should actually try listening to some beyond horrible string, or the more commercial phua chee wit.

That,s just so true, the guys are the worst 1zgarz5.gif

I cannot understand, when tone is such a critical element of the language, when it comes to singing the Thais are tone-deaf. Even the most awful singers get to perform on tv. You'd think they'd lose face, sounding so bad, but they just don't realise how bad they sound I suppose.

Archived