More late-night bars raided by District Officers in Pattaya

webfact

That,s just so true, the guys are the worst 1zgarz5.gif

I cannot understand, when tone is such a critical element of the language, when it comes to singing the Thais are tone-deaf. Even the most awful singers get to perform on tv. You'd think they'd lose face, sounding so bad, but they just don't realise how bad they sound I suppose.

I would suggest such views are from those that do not really understand Thai music, in it's large number of forms. Some of the greatest singers in Asia are Thai and as for TV you can see great ones even on the many talent shows. This is nong Pin she's a 17 year old amateur, would you say she's tone deaf? Off topic I know but more interesting that bars in Pattaya rolleyes.gif

Thai music is great. Some of the best in the world - but I am not sure that is what people sing at karaoke. Anyway such people are not professional performers they are just having fun. I despise the noise of football in bars and the background crowd noise.

Thais love to party, Pattaya is the greatest party city in the world IMO. Parties everywhere every night, live music everywhere, gay pubs, Tomboy pubs (my favorite), Thai pubs and about 2,500 bars for the tourists.

They will never be able to stop this, it has been like it for years and is only getting bigger with the huge influx of happy, partying Thais descending on Pattaya.

The party never stops in Pattaya!!!!!!

Noise, drunks and vomit 24/7, sounds lovely whistling.gif

Women, wine and song!!!! 24/7/365. It is not for everyone. It is what it is, certainly not for everyone, but it is fun!!!

And for hanging it on Thai music, I totally disagree, there is much musical talent in this country. If it wasn't for the fact that it is only in the Thai language it would be popular around the world. Thai rock, pop, morlam, look tung, for life music, classic, heavy metal, central tai etc. it is as diverse as the food here, which is one of the worlds great cuisines. Some areas have ten plus different music channels. Karaoke everywhere. So much fun.

Why do farangs complain about Thais enjoying their music in their own country?

Coz the music is Crap, an Thais cannot sing esp karoke.

Harsh and generalising.....there is some good Thai music. No need to be so narrow-minded and scathing. You think there is no crap music from your country of origin??

Some people enjoy complaining, if it is not about the music, it would be about something else. Some people come here and complain that it is too warm.

Hmm Thais can not sing? All Thais I know can sing. Some better than others. Westerners can be very critical of other people's singing, which is why it is not common in western countries like it is here. Too critical.

Singing is for fun. Some people just take fun things too seriously. No fun in that. I would rather listen to an ordinary singer than a good complainer any day.

Western people think they are the best in the world at everything.........the words cultural imperialism and colonialism immediately spring to mind.........

Archived