The fishing park in Cha Am home to some of the world’s biggest fish

rooster59

The fishing park in Cha Am home to some of the world’s biggest fish

post-137452-0-15185800-1455947964_thumb.

PHETCHABURI:-- The Jurassic Mountain Resort & Fishing Park in Cha Am is home to an incredible array of giant fish.

Amazing photographs posted on the park’s Facebook page show anglers posing alongside enormous fish, some which are said to weigh as much as 100kg.

The fish are so large that anglers from all over the world are visiting the park in order to try and catch one of the huge carp for themselves.

The park has even been reported on the UK’s Daily Mail website, which says it is home to 10 of the world’s largest carp.

post-137452-0-74781900-1455947983_thumb.

According to the Daily Mail, the Jurassic Mountain Resort & Fishing Park has been specially designed for sports fishing, with the park employing a strict ‘catch and release’ policy, but not before lucky anglers snap a photo of their giant catch.

The lake at the park is said to contain 17 different species which include giant Siamese carp, Amazon redtail catfish, giant snakehead, Niger ripsaw catfish, alligator gar, Indian carp and alligator gar.

The lake’s largest inhabitant is an Amazon Arapaima which can grow to be more than 3 metres long. The park has special rules when handling fish of this size and only allow for the fish to be unhooked in the water and it cannot be raised out of the lake in order to avoid injury.

For more info visit: http://www.jurassicfishingthailand.com/

Source: Daily Mail

post-137452-0-83182100-1455947996_thumb.

post-137452-0-84100800-1455948011_thumb.

post-137452-0-23463900-1455948028_thumb.

post-137452-0-05437900-1455948045_thumb.

Has anyone stayed there? Any good? I'm not an angler (I used to be forced to go with my dad and older brother but I found birdwatcher more my thing) but I'm from a family of anglers (my 85 year old dad still goes fishing regularly on his club's waters), and as my kids have shown interest in learning, I was thinking of going and staying if they'd teach my kids the basics.

That fishing park (while great from all reports) is probably not a good place to start for beginners. Super huge fish and pretty expensive also.

I'd suggest you take a look at the bangkok hooker fishing website where you will find some other places a bit more suited for beginners.

i went to the one in jomtien with my son. poor fish cower on the far side of the pond and are hooked when the line is cast with a hand full of food. fish must be scared to eat anything. can see from the state of the fishes mouths they have been hooked a few times. was a good day out for us however, made better by the fact large beers were cheap. infact it is quite a nice place to go for a beer and just feed the fish if you dont actually want to catch them.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Why go to a fishing park that charges 6000 bht and up per day when Cha am fishing park is not far away with huge fish for 200 bht per day!!!

yeah but paying more must make it better :)

actually those fish look scary , I think a good fighting 5-10 pounder is more than enough ,

why size are the fish at the 200 baht place ?

• 1 month later...

Archived