Police raid RCA nightclub for drug test, injuries as windows smashed

jspill

Apparently no major media covered it but from Stickboy Bangkok site, and some youtube videos of the semi-riot, Onyx at RCA was raided this weekend

Police prevented people for leaving to urine test everyone, some smashed windows trying to escape and lots of injuries from broken glass / stampede I assume

So this follows Pattaya Walking street, Zoe Chiang Mai, and I hear Khao San too, all around the same time

It's almost like someone told the police all around the country to go out and make some 'news headline' trouble with the people.

Wherever this order came from it serves only one purpose - to create disharmony amongst the people of Thailand.

I don't for one minute believe that everyone in the current transitional government support the current regime.

I believe there are people fighting the current government situation from within and this is merely one of many, many examples of this which have been appearing in the media recently.

It's almost like someone told the police all around the country to go out and make some 'news headline' trouble with the people.

Wherever this order came from it serves only one purpose - to create disharmony amongst the people of Thailand.

I don't for one minute believe that everyone in the current transitional government support the current regime.

I believe there are people fighting the current government situation from within and this is merely one of many, many examples of this which have been appearing in the media recently.

As usually in this country, every action by the powers that be, has more than meets the eye,

most of the times it's an enigma

within in a mystery wrapped in a riddle... it's never what it seems.....

I was there on friday night when this happened.. They were doing ID checks and urines on everyone..

It was taking to long so some smash windows to get out... to avoid doing a piss also.

This was the biggest raid I have ever seen... Army and police.. Some big police boss was there also..

Sent from my c64

I was there on friday night when this happened.. They were doing ID checks and urines on everyone..

It was taking to long so some smash windows to get out... to avoid doing a piss also.

This was the biggest raid I have ever seen... Army and police.. Some big police boss was there also..

Sent from my c64

did anyone get away?

What happens if the urine test is positive on a farang? prison? fine?

Yes ...................

can you be more specific

'sunnyjim' may be a troll account :)

It happened to some guys I know they paid 60k baht each and were let go. Which is a bribe not an official fine. They'd much rather just make money.

Whatever the reason I hope drug users get caught,at least then something good will come of it

You guys realise the police are often directly involved in, and profiting from the drug trade, right? That the country is 2/3rds of the way down the global corruption index?

The club raided was known for drug use for years, one could buy drugs from the waiters. The police are more than aware of what's going on, they only decide to make raids based on some political power struggle higher up, which again comes back to money.

Yes ...................

can you be more specific

'sunnyjim' may be a troll account smile.png

It happened to some guys I know they paid 60k baht each and were let go. Which is a bribe not an official fine. They'd much rather just make money.

60k thats alot of money. how is one able to come up with 60k on the spot. would you care to share the story?

60k thats alot of money. how is one able to come up with 60k on the spot. would you care to share the story?

Baht, so $2000. They walked to the ATM with the police. This was during the spate of sukhumvit stop and searches (it's still going on but died down after all the negative press).

They could've probably negotiated down a bit but they just took the first offer.

Baht, so $2000. They walked to the ATM with the police. This was during the spate of sukhumvit stop and searches (it's still going on but died down after all the negative press).

They could've probably negotiated down a bit but they just took the first offer.

yes 60k baht, but still alot of money. i can only get 10k a day with my visa and 10k with my mastercard

when is it Nana Plaza's turn.

Nana Plaza was raided a few months ago and the popular Rainbow 4 gogo was closed for a while. Regular checks are made to ensure bars are operating legally and when illegal workers or underage girls are found some action is taken. Customers however are rarely affected.

Yes ...................

No. You get arrested. Must go to court.

First time , must pay bail and go for regular tests for 2 years.

Second time, you get sent to "rehab" more like light security prison in the middle of nowhere.

Third time, jail.

With foreigners first time would be arrested , 1-2 nights in the cell. Fine of anywhere from 30000-100000 and kicked out from the country.

In many cases with foreigners, "fines " paid prior to reaching court

PS. Forgot to mention, for a Thai first time also means a criminal record , which means can not have passport , can not have government job or any other job which requires police check.

This record does not have a limit unlike back in the West. Can be removed if know right people and not very cheap

Edited by PattayaAl

Nana Plaza was raided a few months ago and the popular Rainbow 4 gogo was closed for a while. Regular checks are made to ensure bars are operating legally and when illegal workers or underage girls are found some action is taken. Customers however are rarely affected.

Legally. Ah yea.

So when Nana Plaza is the only venue that's open until 5AM (i believe the law states 12 midnight?), we are proud to know they are operating legally.

Unlike the bridge players that broke the 120 card law.

And then we have discussions on the other threads about overstayers breaking the law.

Quite lame in my opinion.

Edited by lkv

Legally. Ah yea.

So when Nana Plaza is the only venue that's open until 5AM (i believe the law states 12 midnight?), we are proud to know they are operating legally.

And then we have discussions on the other threads about overstayers breaking the law.

Nana Plaza is shut down promptly, usually with a police presence, at 1-2am. I wish it was open later!

Legally. Ah yea.

Nana Plaza is shut down promptly, usually with a police presence, at 1-2am. I wish it was open later!

Ah ok thanks for the clarification. Because when they detained me one night last year with one of my friends while simply walking on the street and I ended up in the police station at 3AM, after spending about 45 minutes there wasting my time and after them seeing there's nothing out of order, they became very friendly. I was having a laugh with the cop outside the police station afterwards and I was asking him what's open and he advised about Nana.

This was at 4 AM and ironically it was under the jurisdiction of the same police station that I was at.

Edited by lkv