When is the tax form due this year?

ghworker2010

i work in the govt' system as a teacher. A colleague just gave me a blank tax form. I remember going to the revenue office last year but can't remember what is the last date to which I have to go there.

Do I simply take last years info and this years form and let them sort if for me? I will have to dig out last years information to see if I was assigned a tax id.

Any information is appreciated.

thanks

Due March 31, for the preceding calendar year. At the their website, www.rd.go.th, you should be able to find an English translation of the income tax return and explanatory guide. It is hard to say to what extent staff in the various Revenue Dept. offices might be willing to help a farang who walks in with nothing but an information slip from his employer. If you have any deductions to claim, best to walk in with your own form, already prepared. Most payroll departments have blank forms available.

I've always in the past, recieved the forms from the Government by mail, with my name and address pre printed on same. I then took the income statement provided by the school to the local tax office and they kindly and politely filled out the form, no charge. I wasn't claiming any dependents or other itemized deductions other than of course, SS contributions which are on said income statement.

This year, as of today, I've not recieved the forms from the Government and of course, since I left the school without notice back in October, I don't know how prompt if at all, they will provide the income statement. My request for it would be viewed as a "complaint", not their legal responsibility which of course, it is.

Furthermore, I had an again Filipino, tell me he claimed his wife and three children as dependents despite them being Filipino. His lips were moving so he might have been lying, as he often did. But is it possible to claim dependents who aren't Thai? Seems odd.

Has anyone received the forms from the Government and/or gone back to a former school requesting the income statement?

55555555555555 FILE ON A TEACHER'S WAGEclap2.gif

You have to file, and provide proof of same, to renew a Work Permit.

If you were working illegally, you should not have had any deductions made of your earnings.

If you were working illegally as in without a Work Permit, and they took out money for "insurance and taxes", well, you were being scammed yet again. Live and learn.

I recall going back at least once to a former school to get my slip. I don't have as clear a memory of the second occasion, but I think I likely did it twice, with two different former schools. If you want to be given credit for the tax which has been deducted and remitted on your behalf, you need the slip.

I've always in the past, recieved the forms from the Government by mail, with my name and address pre printed on same. I then took the income statement provided by the school to the local tax office and they kindly and politely filled out the form, no charge. I wasn't claiming any dependents or other itemized deductions other than of course, SS contributions which are on said income statement.

This year, as of today, I've not recieved the forms from the Government and of course, since I left the school without notice back in October, I don't know how prompt if at all, they will provide the income statement. My request for it would be viewed as a "complaint", not their legal responsibility which of course, it is.

Furthermore, I had an again Filipino, tell me he claimed his wife and three children as dependents despite them being Filipino. His lips were moving so he might have been lying, as he often did. But is it possible to claim dependents who aren't Thai? Seems odd.

Has anyone received the forms from the Government and/or gone back to a former school requesting the income statement?

Following up on my own inquiry, I today received in the mail my form from the Tax Department. A friend picked up my income statement from the former school without any fanfare. They just handed it to him when he said he knew me and would give it to me. As for claiming dependents such as a wife and children I'm going to try that as well since the Filipino was able to do it. However, like I said, his lips were moving when he told me so he may have been lying. Either way, I did get the form in the mail which shows the Government is still open.

Following up on my own inquiry, I today received in the mail my form from the Tax Department. A friend picked up my income statement from the former school without any fanfare. They just handed it to him when he said he knew me and would give it to me. As for claiming dependents such as a wife and children I'm going to try that as well since the Filipino was able to do it. However, like I said, his lips were moving when he told me so he may have been lying. Either way, I did get the form in the mail which shows the Government is still open.

Yes you can claim for your child. I can;t claim for my wife as she works and also pays tax. I understand it that you can claim for her if she is not working and paying her own tax. I also claim for my retirement fund I pay into here.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as one mans experience.. I file at the Revenue Office in Bang Rak, as that's the office that covers where I live - and coincidentally where I work as well.

They are super friendly and easy to work with. I take my tax forms from the university, my passport, tax card and work permit (I don't know that I must have all of these items, but I bring them so I don't get caught out by a surprise request, and then need to make a return trip later) and someone (who usually speaks quite good English) plugs all the data into the system, gives me my payment slip (I usually owe less than B500) and shows me the pay-by date.

Once I pay it, I come back to the same office about 1 week later, and I get a stamped clearance letter (all in Thai) which I think effectively says Mr. X owed taxes of Y baht on income of Y,YYY,YYY baht income and has paid in full for this year.

I give this letter to our HR office who bundles it together with other papers that materialize when it's renewal/extension time.

I noticed on my tax payment slips for the last two years, the "pay by" date has been the same; the 8 of April.

Yes you can claim for your child. I can;t claim for my wife as she works and also pays tax. I understand it that you can claim for her if she is not working and paying her own tax. I also claim for my retirement fund I pay into here.

There's also an allowance when you help mom and dad in law financially. You can get such a form at the office.

There's also an allowance when you help mom and dad in law financially. You can get such a form at the office.

Do you have a link for this ? Because below is all that I can find on the Revenue Department website, and it makes no mention of helping parents financially.

Parents allowance 30,000 baht for each of taxpayer’s and spouse’s parents if such parent is above 60 years old and earns less than 30,000 baht

I seem to remember you can get something for helping grandma/pa then there's life insurance I believe (I don't have either)

I do everything through a proper accountant company but am told the tax offices are super helpful and pleasant to deal with.

The Revenue Department in Jomtien is very cooperative. Had last year's form and the bank forms. Filed separate returns for my wife (who died in 2015) and myself and sent me a refund check (one total amount for my wife and I) about 10 days later. Would not have believed it would be that easy.

Do you have a link for this ? Because below is all that I can find on the Revenue Department website, and it makes no mention of helping parents financially.

I'm sorry for the late reply, just saw your post. I just paid my tax today and had the form with me. It's only one document that has to be signed by them.

I couldn't get my son's allowance for a reason i didn't understand, which is 800 baht for one child.

I paid 2,850 baht for 33 K/month and I'm sure it would have been way higher without this document.

There's also a 60 K allowness for expenses such as gasoline, insurance, etc...

Sorry, I don't have a copy anymore, otherwise I'd have it scanned in.

Parents allowance 30,000 baht for each of taxpayer’s and spouse’s parents if such parent is above 60 years old and earns less than 30,000 baht

I just had a look at my declaration form and saw that they gave me a deduction of 30 K for mom in law and 30 K for dad in law.

P.S. They're both over 60, are rice farmers and they didn't ask any further questions.

What I'm trying to say is that you could make your parents in law poorer than they really are. I truly hope that I didn't break the forum rules.

Almost everybody in my family were tax advisers, ( including my parents) and basically helped a lot of rich people to get richer.

I could have taken over the business, but it wasn't my intention to do so.

I just had a look at my declaration form and saw that they gave me a deduction of 30 K for mom in law and 30 K for dad in law.

P.S. They're both over 60, are rice farmers and they didn't ask any further questions.

What I'm trying to say is that you could make your parents in law poorer than they really are. I truly hope that I didn't break the forum rules.

Almost everybody in my family were tax advisers, ( including my parents) and basically helped a lot of rich people to get richer.

But the above is totally different to "There's also an allowance when you help mom and dad in law financially. You can get such a form at the office. ", there is no requirement or allowance for actually helping your parents financially.

But the above is totally different to "There's also an allowance when you help mom and dad in law financially. You can get such a form at the office. ", there is no requirement or allowance for actually helping your parents financially.

Please see attached files.

post-158336-0-90941700-1458973824_thumb.

Tax declaration M.pdf

That hasn't been a requirement for years now.

They started requiring it again last year according to our office that deals with these things.

That hasn't been a requirement for years now.

They started requiring it again last year according to our office that deals with these things.

I just renewed in October and the requirement wasn't there. This is in Chiang Mai.

Thanks for telling us. Cheers.

Lostinisaan - The form you posted just has the parents-in-law's name and number, nowhere does it mention helping them financially. As I have already said, the allowance is for possessing parents/parents-in-law who are over 60 and earn less than 30k, it has nothing to do with helping them financially.

Lostinisaan - The form you posted just has the parents-in-law's name and number, nowhere does it mention helping them financially. As I have already said, the allowance is for possessing parents/parents-in-law who are over 60 and earn less than 30k, it has nothing to do with helping them financially.

Please look at my tax declaration form on the right side. If you don't mention that you support them, you will not have the deduction.

This is from the guy at the tax department.

Archived