Italian expat and Thai wife found dead in apparent murder suicide in Chiang Mai

Jonathan Fairfield

Italian expat and Thai wife found dead in apparent murder suicide in Chiang Mai

post-137452-0-22420300-1456054203_thumb.

CHIANG MAI:-- A man and woman were found dead in Chiang Mai on Sunday in what police say is a case of murder-suicide.

The bodies of a 40 year old Italian man and his 35 year old wife (names withheld) were found outside the man's home in the Nong Kwai area of Hang Dong.

Thai media reports the incident occurred when the woman, who is believed to have been separated from her husband, went to collect their son who had been staying with his father during the weekend.

However, after arriving at her husband's house, the woman was unable to find her son and confronted her husband.

An argument ensued and the woman went back to Toyota Camry car to collect a gun she is believed to have kept in the vehicle.

She then returned to the house to threaten her husband.

The man managed to restrain his wife, taking the gun from her before opening fire and killing the woman instantly.

Witnesses say the man then turned the gun on himself.

Police arrived at the scene to find the bodies of the man and woman. A pistol and spent bullets were found nearby.

Police told reporters the 8 year old son had been staying with a neighbour when the incident occurred.

Source: Sanook News / Hang Dong Police

tvn.png
-- 2016-02-21

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I just want to mention that their 8 year son is well, and is taken care of by parents of a friend of his.

--> He has not been told yet. It will be a difficult time for him.

(He wasn't at a neighbor house like the article states, he was with acquaintances a bit further away so didn't see it happen.)

Well i feel sorry for the young boy .. I could understand why the man must have turn the gun on his wife and himself as there is no real justice in Thailand ? I maybe sent down for 12 years in a Thai Jail as Thais have a habit of lying and pointing fingers .. kind of also shocked how this woman was able to and maybe his days were number to be taken to the cleaners hint why he turn the gun on himself and his wife and leave everything to the son .. sad lost to the boy ? and poor guy having to kill himself ?

if there is one thing;....That you all say...is that marriage ain't a fairy tale so better no doing it cause at the end...heart is hurt...And bad thing come from bad moment like that and the worst is possible ....anything is possible .....the jungle is savage...this is a terrible new..... sad.png

<deleted> did he have a gun? I don't have one, I don't want one and it makes me angry. They were just living next door. Terrible. The other guy threaten to shot my dog ones. Welcome to reality I guess....

Lucky the child wasn`t in the house at the time, otherwise the boy could have been killed as well. I have read many similar reports in the news that at most time these suicidal fathers will murder their own children.

Sad outcome for the child, but at least he wasn`t physically harmed. As for emotionally, this is going to hit him hard later on.

Lucky the child wasn`t in the house at the time, otherwise the boy could have been killed as well. I have read many similar reports in the news that at most time these suicidal fathers will murder their own children.

Having been in a similar situation, I have every sympathy for the guy.

The woman abuses you by manipulating access to your children.

I doubt he was suicidal.

In the end you snap or walk away.

He snapped, I walked away.

Maybe I was wrong to walk away, and should have killed her ..............

I still miss my 4 children, been 7 years now.

Feel so sorry for the boy. Out of sudden he's an orphan. Somehow I feel sad for the Italian expat. I could be wrong but couldn't help thinking he married the wrong woman.

Hes just killed his Wife and left his Son parentless

The Wife took out the gun first. He wrestled the gun over from her. Man must have been forced to an extremely narrow corner that made him snapped.

Having been in a similar situation, I have every sympathy for the guy.

The woman abuses you by manipulating access to your children.

I doubt he was suicidal.

In the end you snap or walk away.

He snapped, I walked away.

Maybe I was wrong to walk away, and should have killed her ..............

I still miss my 4 children, been 7 years now.

You are wise to walk away, otherwise tragedy might happen at that time. You can always try to find ways to communicate with your children. Or at least try to find out if they're doing well. Let them know your love for them. Your heart must be very hurting whenever you think of them.

This is so sad. Our family knew this family well. Their son and my daughter went to the same school together for 4 years. We had many good times together. Birthday parties, ice creams after school and school get togethers. We moved stateside 1 1/2 years ago so this came as a shock today. We knew of the love they had for their child, and we pray he grows up safe and healthy. You all will be missed. Chuck "Daddee", Pim & Cha Li.

Feel so sorry for the boy. Out of sudden he's an orphan. Somehow I feel sad for the Italian expat. I could be wrong but couldn't help thinking he married the wrong woman.

The Wife took out the gun first. He wrestled the gun over from her. Man must have been forced to an extremely narrow corner that made him snapped.

H e was stood there with a gun and a defenseless Woman .

He was in no corner , he could have walked away, he choose not to .

He probably killed her out of anger, realised what he'd done , then killed himself

He probably killed her out of anger, realised what he'd done , then killed himself

Nah, she sealed her own fate when after a heated argument she tried to kill him.. The rest is history. I feel very sorry for the man, if she hadn't of pulled the piece then the kid would not be an orphan, stupid and stupid woman!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I guess you were there.

(I talked to the people who were right there when it happened and even they aren't 100 percent sure how it unfolded to the level you speculate on, due to taking cover when bullets started flying.)

The end result though is clear and extremely sad.

Nah, she sealed her own fate when after a heated argument she tried to kill him.. The rest is history. I feel very sorry for the man, if she hadn't of pulled the piece then the kid would not be an orphan, stupid and stupid woman!

She didnt try to kill him, if She had wanting to kill him, she would have fired the gun .

Very sad story, but I have no sympathy for the murderer

She didnt try to kill him, if She had wanting to kill him, she would have fired the gun .

Very sad story, but I have no sympathy for the murderer

Doesn't matter how you slice it, she pulled a weapon, she died.. No weapon no death. I'm pretty sure you understand that right?

A friend of my husband's, upon moving to Thailand and entering the dating scene decided the best thing to do would be to get a vasectomy. I really give him credit to have the wisdom and courage to have done this. He's still dating Thai women, having had a few dramas, but at least children haven't been involved -- only his money.

Doesn't matter how you slice it, she pulled a weapon, she died.. No weapon no death. I'm pretty sure you understand that right?

Although you have missed out the middle bit of the story, the bit between her pulling the gun out and her dying .

That bit is rather an important bit of the story

Although you have missed out the middle bit of the story, the bit between her pulling the gun out and her dying .

That bit is rather an important bit of the story

Huh? Because the kid wasn't there. So she goes for him with a gun. Yes it's important because it was bloody stupid thing to do

Archived