Italian expat and Thai wife found dead in apparent murder suicide in Chiang Mai

Jonathan Fairfield

A friend of my husband's, upon moving to Thailand and entering the dating scene decided the best thing to do would be to get a vasectomy. I really give him credit to have the wisdom and courage to have done this. He's still dating Thai women, having had a few dramas, but at least children haven't been involved -- only his money.

Off topic,

And the damnation of his immortal soul.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter how you slice it, she pulled a weapon, she died.. No weapon no death. I'm pretty sure you understand that right?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Although you have missed out the middle bit of the story, the bit between her pulling the gun out and her dying .

That bit is rather an important bit of the story

Huh? Because the kid wasn't there. So she goes for him with a gun. Yes it's important because it was bloody stupid thing to do

You dont "go for people" with a gun, you just stand there and shoot .

Stupid to get a gun , but she didnt use it .

He used it and he didnt have to, there was no danger to him

Lucky the child wasn`t in the house at the time, otherwise the boy could have been killed as well. I have read many similar reports in the news that at most time these suicidal fathers will murder their own children.

Having been in a similar situation, I have every sympathy for the guy.

The woman abuses you by manipulating access to your children.

I doubt he was suicidal.

In the end you snap or walk away.

He snapped, I walked away.

Maybe I was wrong to walk away, and should have killed her ..............

I still miss my 4 children, been 7 years now.

You and me should meet up for a drink sometime, believe me we have much in common. I`m also a Stingray fan.

You dont "go for people" with a gun, you just stand there and shoot .

Stupid to get a gun , but she didnt use it .

He used it and he didnt have to, there was no danger to him

Luke, just stop. She fired it, but either didn't hit him, or didn't want to hit him, or hit him but not very badly all while in an extremely chaotic shouting argument.

That distinction is the only missing part at this time, and you don't have that information.

You also have a high expectation of oversight, awareness and reason on the part of people who are involved in a gunfight.

If (IF) they will do a thorough forensic autopsy then that information may surface, or it may not.

Feel so sorry for the boy. Out of sudden he's an orphan. Somehow I feel sad for the Italian expat. I could be wrong but couldn't help thinking he married the wrong woman.

Hes just killed his Wife and left his Son parentless

The Wife took out the gun first. He wrestled the gun over from her. Man must have been forced to an extremely narrow corner that made him snapped.

H e was stood there with a gun and a defenseless Woman .

He was in no corner , he could have walked away, he choose not to .

He probably killed her out of anger, realised what he'd done , then killed himself

huh? he stood there defenseless opposite a mad woman with a loaded gun in her hand

he managed to remove the gun from her just when she was up to pulling the trigger ... (may be she did already but missed knock out parts of him...)

this seems more likely than your strange idea - or have you been there?

This woman had a Thai boyfriend who happened to be a cop , she then wants more then the three way split he offered, ( child,wife, himself) and then if that's not enough takes a gun out on him. How much can any one person take. RIP dear friend, I certainly know you were a good man who unfortunately met the wrong women.

I knew him and she had been terrible to him and besides breaking his heart with a boyfriend wouldn't settle for less then taking it all. With all that being said she was the one who had taken out the gun and unfortunately it does not end well. Will certainly miss my dear friend and hopefully know he's in peace which he has not been in for a very long time.

Neighbor house throws a party now....strange coincidence.

Are the neighbours local Thais or farangs? If they are Thais this may be something to do with deceased spirits and helping them on their way to next life or whatever. Thais worry about ghosts lingering around especially when there is an unnatural death.

I knew him and she had been terrible to him and besides breaking his heart with a boyfriend wouldn't settle for less then taking it all. With all that being said she was the one who had taken out the gun and unfortunately it does not end well. Will certainly miss my dear friend and hopefully know he's in peace which he has not been in for a very long time.

Very sad for your loss of a good friend.

I do hope that the boy is left everything in the will if there is a will.

Feel so sorry for the boy. Out of sudden he's an orphan. Somehow I feel sad for the Italian expat. I could be wrong but couldn't help thinking he married the wrong woman.

The Wife took out the gun first. He wrestled the gun over from her. Man must have been forced to an extremely narrow corner that made him snapped.

Wow wow wow, so many totally totally judgmental posts.

Most of you people, maybe 99% of you people, have no real knowledge of both sides of the coin, no real knowledge or insight into this sad event, please slow down.

I just hope whoever is now taking care of the little boy is very careful to help him through the next quite a few years and help him to be ready for a happy and fruitful future. Good luck to him.

A friend of my husband's, upon moving to Thailand and entering the dating scene decided the best thing to do would be to get a vasectomy. I really give him credit to have the wisdom and courage to have done this. He's still dating Thai women, having had a few dramas, but at least children haven't been involved -- only his money.

Off topic,

Yes, it's off topic, but how is it a "damnation of his immortal soul"?

It's more a just food for thought with this cautionary tale.

Personally, I don't understand why men over a certain age, esp. those who have already had their families elsewhere come here produce children that have no choice but to live their lives as victims of volatile relationships. It's vanity and child abuse.

^ Possibly, although I don't think that applies in this case.

He was early 40's, no prior kids and they had been in a good relationship for over 10 years.

He also made a specific effort to not get involved with someone with a bar/tourist history, and didn't drink or frequent bars himself.

And they were both very dedicated to their son.

But things can just turn very sour, sadly.

RIP and the best to that little kid. So sad.

I'll never understand why farangs get themselves into these family situations in a foreign country especially. Some work out but it's sure risky. I can't count on both hands the farangs I know in Thailand who can't see their kids. Some are still sending support, hoping some of it dribbles down to the kids.

Sad.

Are the neighbours local Thais or farangs? If they are Thais this may be something to do with deceased spirits and helping them on their way to next life or whatever. Thais worry about ghosts lingering around especially when there is an unnatural death.

Yeah, and imagine!!! some farang actually marry these people and then wonder why there are so many misunderstandings. LOL. I gave up feeling sorry for Westerners getting into trouble with Thai women. A Thai girl I know, who "has" a farang, blatantly told me how stupid the guy is (ie. easily manipulated, believing all her lies). The way she told me was utterly disgusting with zero sympathy for the guy she sleeps with (for the last 3 years). She's 41, not a bargirl but die-hard Isaan (Family and money number one).

Off topic,

Personally, I don't understand why men over a certain age, esp. those who have already had their families elsewhere come here produce children that have no choice but to live their lives as victims of volatile relationships. It's vanity and child abuse.

Personally, I think it's very poor form of you to use this tragic event as an excuse to vent your strange opinions about relationships between Western men and Thai women. I don't think your story is food for thought: sounds more like a blanket condemnation of Thai women to me.

I have a beautiful 4-year-old girl with a lovely lady here: should I have had a vasectomy instead, like your friend? Also, as Winnie pointed out, this guy was only 40, making your little rant completely off topic.

Edit: as for NeverSure and stickylies, your comments are beneath contempt. Thank you for doing the world a favour by choosing not to reproduce.

Off topic,

Personally, I think it's very poor form of you to use this tragic event as an excuse to vent your strange opinions about relationships between Western men and Thai women. I don't think your story is food for thought: sounds more like a blanket condemnation of Thai women to me.

I have a beautiful 4-year-old girl with a lovely lady here: should I have had a vasectomy instead, like your friend? Also, as Winnie pointed out, this guy was only 40, making your little rant completely off topic.

Edit: as for NeverSure and stickylies, your comments are beneath contempt. Thank you for doing the world a favour by choosing not to reproduce.

I think this topic is a little to close to home for you.

Yeah, and imagine!!! some farang actually marry these people and then wonder why there are so many misunderstandings. LOL. I gave up feeling sorry for Westerners getting into trouble with Thai women. A Thai girl I know, who "has" a farang, blatantly told me how stupid the guy is (ie. easily manipulated, believing all her lies). The way she told me was utterly disgusting with zero sympathy for the guy she sleeps with (for the last 3 years). She's 41, not a bargirl but die-hard Isaan (Family and money number one).

then , mister stickylies , you believe her , and believe she s more honnest and confidant with you hmmmmmm

so she maybe should be more happy sleeping with you ? whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

so maybe an hypothetic affair , opportunity to plan for you ? whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

What was she thinking?

pretty much the same as all the other child-minded fools in this country....... tiny problem......resolve it by killing them.

ive had 5 thais come to shoot me after 1 of them crashed into my motorcycle while i was parked....... i called the bloke an idiot so he went off to get his homies and a gun to teach the farang a lesson. he failed.

He probably killed her out of anger, realised what he'd done , then killed himself

did you READ THE STORY that SHE got a gun from her CAR and went in to kill him? defenseless woman?

I was reading before in a Thai newspaper that they reporting that the Thai woman also came with her Thai boyfriend ? when she went around too pick up her son .. plot gets thicker it would seem also seem that the neighbors tried to cool things down but they were too late as the shoots were fired ?

then , mister stickylies , you believe her , and believe she s more honnest and confidant with you hmmmmmm

so she maybe should be more happy sleeping with you ? whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

so maybe an hypothetic affair , opportunity to plan for you ? whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Er. As stated 1000x already I dont date, mate Thai women nor do I pay for sex. That girl is a girl I know in a total normal way, same age as me, same town I'm in and nothing else. She also knows my farang gf (no kids!) who I am enjoying life with for nearly 15 years. Not all farang in los are mongers or guys looking for a woman to start 2nd life ok. And for what its worth, both me and my gf have repeatedly told her she's abusing the guy but that is none of our business as we don't know the guy as he's 24 year older than us, different nationality and into totally different things. And yes, I totally do not believe in these Thai farang mixed relationships but then I dont believe in most relationships at all. If u have a problem with that good for u since u are not my friend nor my life partner.

did you READ THE STORY that SHE got a gun from her CAR and went in to kill him? defenseless woman?

I noticed back at post 8 that they had already started posting with out reading the article.

It was a tragic thing for the boy. I wonder how he will take it. My brother was about 8 when my dad died and it didn't mean a lot to him until the funeral then it started to sink in. I hope they can get reliable relatives to take care of the boy. I wonder if there is a way they can seal the house up so the possessions don't go missing. They will now belong to the boy and can make a big difference in taking care of him.

Archived