Italian expat and Thai wife found dead in apparent murder suicide in Chiang Mai

Jonathan Fairfield

I was reading before in a Thai newspaper that they reporting that the Thai woman also came with her Thai boyfriend ? when she went around too pick up her son

No.

it would seem also seem that the neighbors tried to cool things down

Yes. But only so much they could do. They're good people though, a nice Thai couple, and it looks like they'll assist the Italian family in dealing with things.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a very nice, upscale neighborhood. What an utter waste.

The lesson here is..Choose your Thai women VERY carefully, and avoid personality disorders like the plague..

If they're yours, address them, if they're theirs, run in the opposite direction as fast as your Forest Gump-like legs can take you..

Too late in this case. Bloody Sad.

I was reading before in a Thai newspaper that they reporting that the Thai woman also came with her Thai boyfriend ? when she went around too pick up her son

No.

it would seem also seem that the neighbors tried to cool things down

Yes. But only so much they could do. They're good people though, a nice Thai couple, and it looks like they'll assist the Italian family in dealing with things.

Understood my Thai inst that good so some of its hard for me but maybe some other member will have better understanding then me ?

Feel so sorry for the boy. Out of sudden he's an orphan. Somehow I feel sad for the Italian expat. I could be wrong but couldn't help thinking he married the wrong woman.

Hes just killed his Wife and left his Son parentless

The Wife took out the gun first. He wrestled the gun over from her. Man must have been forced to an extremely narrow corner that made him snapped.

H e was stood there with a gun and a defenseless Woman .

He was in no corner , he could have walked away, he choose not to .

He probably killed her out of anger, realised what he'd done , then killed himself

did you READ THE STORY that SHE got a gun from her CAR and went in to kill him? defenseless woman?

He then took the gun off from her , which then made her defenseless.

Lucky the child wasn`t in the house at the time, otherwise the boy could have been killed as well. I have read many similar reports in the news that at most time these suicidal fathers will murder their own children.

Sad outcome for the child, but at least he wasn`t physically harmed. As for emotionally, this is going to hit him hard later on.

The problem was the child wasn't in the house, had he been there it probably wouldn't have been a problem. It's my understanding she was picking him up from a weekend visit from his father. These parents loved this child very much, and I know that personally. These people were my friends.

A straight run-thru with Google translate, with no editing yields a better result:

The husband - wife gun shooting deaths.
On February 21, 2559
Pol.. The. Srithongdee happiness through tweets kg Police. Hang Pol.. True. Komsan clean all through the secondary kg of the Pol.. At. Man Chan. Fil Chaiya Deputy kg. MP Minister Pol.. true. Pattarapol noon Aberdeen police protector of Pol.. Chat. titular supporting. the band light. SS.'s and Pol.. true. lightning. Chai Chan duty officer's failure to investigate.
13.30. Police. Dong provinces. Chiang Mai scene husband - wife firearms shooting death scene village Koolpunt 8. Nongkhwai district Hang husband, 40 year old Italian wife was Sawan age 30. a one year old son, 8 years apart since April 58.
Today (21 Feb 59), his wife came to pick up his son. And the quarrel with husband The woman took the gun Threatened to shoot her before Husbands steals it And using firearms to fight back. Wife shot dead And shot himself Death by Currently in the process of implementation of the Law.

Neighbor house throws a party now....strange coincidence.

Are the neighbours local Thais or farangs? If they are Thais this may be something to do with deceased spirits and helping them on their way to next life or whatever. Thais worry about ghosts lingering around especially when there is an unnatural death.

Yeah, and imagine!!! some farang actually marry these people and then wonder why there are so many misunderstandings. LOL. I gave up feeling sorry for Westerners getting into trouble with Thai women. A Thai girl I know, who "has" a farang, blatantly told me how stupid the guy is (ie. easily manipulated, believing all her lies). The way she told me was utterly disgusting with zero sympathy for the guy she sleeps with (for the last 3 years). She's 41, not a bargirl but die-hard Isaan (Family and money number one).

You think this only happens in Thailand,men get fooled by women in the West too,and it can

cost you a lot more in monetary terms.

regards worgeordie

Are the neighbours local Thais or farangs? If they are Thais this may be something to do with deceased spirits and helping them on their way to next life or whatever. Thais worry about ghosts lingering around especially when there is an unnatural death.

Yeah, and imagine!!! some farang actually marry these people and then wonder why there are so many misunderstandings. LOL. I gave up feeling sorry for Westerners getting into trouble with Thai women. A Thai girl I know, who "has" a farang, blatantly told me how stupid the guy is (ie. easily manipulated, believing all her lies). The way she told me was utterly disgusting with zero sympathy for the guy she sleeps with (for the last 3 years). She's 41, not a bargirl but die-hard Isaan (Family and money number one).

You think this only happens in Thailand,men get fooled by women in the West too

no i don't think that. however, i do think it's "better" to get fooled at home where there is always a chance the judge will listen and care. fooled in LOS = LOST. just look at all the losers around here. and i'm not saying there are no nice ladies, there certainly are BUT if it goes wrong it goes sooooooo wrong here most of the time................. oh well, whatever you guys like i guess.

You think this only happens in Thailand,men get fooled by women in the West too,and it can

cost you a lot more in monetary terms.

regards worgeordie

Sadly very turn indeed and that why i stay well clear of Thai woman these days too much stress and drama these days and that why am dating a Burmese / Naples woman for the last two and the foods a lot better compared to Thai food if you like curries whistling.gif

Personally, I don't understand why men over a certain age, esp. those who have already had their families elsewhere come here produce children that have no choice but to live their lives as victims of volatile relationships. It's vanity and child abuse.

You know Nancy, it is young Thai women who absolutely want to have a mixed child. Mine just harassed me about it and I have great difficulty in saying no.
A child lighter skin is considered a little prince here.
There is also the desire to perpetuate a situation where everyone is happy and benefiting. Point out once for all that the relationship between westerners and thai girls are not necessarily volatile. The unfortunate drama that thread is a sad exception and most mixed couples I know are established to last.

Personally, I think it's very poor form of you to use this tragic event as an excuse to vent your strange opinions about relationships between Western men and Thai women. I don't think your story is food for thought: sounds more like a blanket condemnation of Thai women to me.

I have a beautiful 4-year-old girl with a lovely lady here: should I have had a vasectomy instead, like your friend? Also, as Winnie pointed out, this guy was only 40, making your little rant completely off topic.

Edit: as for NeverSure and stickylies, your comments are beneath contempt. Thank you for doing the world a favour by choosing not to reproduce.

I think this topic is a little to close to home for you.

I think you have a very nasty streak and seem to gloat on other people`s misfortunes.

People fall in love and s**t happens and then love can turn to hate. Even happens to the rich and famous when divorces can turn vicious and it ends up with one partner trying to smash down the other partner with assets and children often becoming pawns in the game. Went through all that s**t the first time in England, never again.

I`ve been with my Thai girlfriend for a while, no children involved and she`s 7 years younger then me. I point blank refuse to get married and absolutely will not buy a company, land and a house I can`t own. If any problems occur in our relationship we can part ways and I`ve lost nothing with no comebacks. I really don`t care one way or another because I will not commit myself to anything 100% into situations where there are no laws to protect me in a foreign country.

Made many mistakes in the past, have since played the cautious game, trust only a few and why I have survived so long in mind, body and soul with all my money intact and intend to stay that way. But many have gone into relationships thinking love is eternal, I believed that once, young foolish and inexperienced that is something I would never put anyone down for. Thankfully they don`t all end as tragic as what happened to that couple in Chiang Mai.

Personally, I think it's very poor form of you to use this tragic event as an excuse to vent your strange opinions about relationships between Western men and Thai women. I don't think your story is food for thought: sounds more like a blanket condemnation of Thai women to me.

I have a beautiful 4-year-old girl with a lovely lady here: should I have had a vasectomy instead, like your friend? Also, as Winnie pointed out, this guy was only 40, making your little rant completely off topic.

Edit: as for NeverSure and stickylies, your comments are beneath contempt. Thank you for doing the world a favour by choosing not to reproduce.

I think you have a very nasty streak and seem to gloat on other people`s misfortunes.

Cyberfarang, you have commented on my posts here on ThaiVisa on a number of occasions and it's time you meet me. Chiang Mai isn't a big place. Most people who know me wouldn't use the adjective "nasty streak" to describe me. Maybe "pragmatic" or "brusk" if they were being unkind, but not "nasty streak"

I'm looking forward to a brusk/pragmatic or even nasty discussion on relationships in Chiang Mai / Thailand, but not really today in this topic.

It's indeed quite close to home, and my kids will miss Auntie Jit and uncle Luca. And I can't even imagine the ordeal that their son is about to go through.

some hysteric thai woman gets into argument with her ex-wallet, grabs a gun (?!) and the guy goes mental. som nam na... coffee1.gif

This is a tragic situation. It should have been a simple pick up the kid but it turned into both parents dead. And you say Som nam na.

I'm looking forward to a brusk/pragmatic or even nasty discussion on relationships in Chiang Mai / Thailand, but not really today in this topic.

It's indeed quite close to home, and my kids will miss Auntie Jit and uncle Luca. And I can't even imagine the ordeal that their son is about to go through.

Tragic relations happen all over the world. This is such a circumstance. This thread has already shown that the blame is on all Thai women.

Cyberfarang, you have commented on my posts here on ThaiVisa on a number of occasions and it's time you meet me. Chiang Mai isn't a big place. Most people who know me wouldn't use the adjective "nasty streak" to describe me. Maybe "pragmatic" or "brusk" if they were being unkind, but not "nasty streak"

Sory Nancy but he has a point. Your comments don't put you in a good light.

I`m sorry but in my short time as a participant on these posts I have noticed you sometimes make nasty and hurtful comments to people. You done a real nasty one on me in the immigration posts and I don`t like it. There is no call for those types of responses and should think before you type otherwise you`re always going to be on the defense.

A tragedy has happened that sets emotions in people high and you respond, I think this topic is a little to close to home for you, that seems to be an indication that life is not all a bowl of cherries in your life.

My thoughts are with the child and the people now taking care of him. How do you break the news to an 8 year old? Do you lie and tell him that they have left town or do you throw all the pain and hurt this world can create at him? The people taking care of him and the funeral arrangements must be enduring a lot of stress and pain as well. Time will pass and he will grow older but what a burden to bear.

Well i feel sorry for the young boy .. I could understand why the man must have turn the gun on his wife and himself as there is no real justice in Thailand ? I maybe sent down for 12 years in a Thai Jail as Thais have a habit of lying and pointing fingers .. kind of also shocked how this woman was able to and maybe his days were number to be taken to the cleaners hint why he turn the gun on himself and his wife and leave everything to the son .. sad lost to the boy ? and poor guy having to kill himself ?

How do you rationalize killing your estranged wife and then committing suicide; "as there is not justice in Thailand."

Feel so sorry for the boy. Out of sudden he's an orphan. Somehow I feel sad for the Italian expat. I could be wrong but couldn't help thinking he married the wrong woman.

Hes just killed his Wife and left his Son parentless

The Wife took out the gun first. He wrestled the gun over from her. Man must have been forced to an extremely narrow corner that made him snapped.

H e was stood there with a gun and a defenseless Woman .

He was in no corner , he could have walked away, he choose not to .

He probably killed her out of anger, realised what he'd done , then killed himself

did you READ THE STORY that SHE got a gun from her CAR and went in to kill him? defenseless woman?

seems you're so biased you don't want to understand

Nancy, I don't know what has happened between you and cyberfarang on this forum, but I have seen repeated instances of your generosity in helping newcomers to Chiang Mai. I am more of a lurker here, but in am glad you are here as I have seen you provide much needed good advice on life in Chiang Mai, to myself included.

We don't agree with 100% of people 100% of the time but I think ALL of us can agree on our deep sympathy for this young child who will be suffering immeasurable pain.

We should pull together as a community to help this boy in any way we can, instead of bickering about small differences of opinion, and personality conflicts which really pale in comparison to this child's ordeal. I don't know the family but if there is a community effort on his behalf, I would like to participate.

A friend of my husband's, upon moving to Thailand and entering the dating scene decided the best thing to do would be to get a vasectomy. I really give him credit to have the wisdom and courage to have done this. He's still dating Thai women, having had a few dramas, but at least children haven't been involved -- only his money.

Wouldn't have bothered commenting on this and I 100% agree with Eaglesflight and Cyberfarang about the bad form of your post, given the ACTUAL topic of the thread, but seeing as the original totally OT and irrelevant post, or the follow up drivel, didn't get deleted....

Plenty of dramas involved dating farang women too, and PLENTY of farang women taking ex-partners to the cleaners for money and just about everything else, they're just not so up front and obvious about it, and far more self-righteous about "not being like them". Thankfully I avoided it but I have way too many buddies with stories of doom and gllom from relationships with non-Thai women. But when all said and done, same same, so no particular reason to distinguish Thai women from the same self-righteous farangs in that respect, some of whom seem to have attitudes typified by your post here. Good and bad in everyone, but having a farang partner is zero guarantee of bliss and harmony. As it is I'll take my chances with Thai / SE Asian women any time over farangs, saves me having to break out into too many choruses of "who let the dogs out, who, who," or listen to the endless bitching and moaning about Thais. Has this been added to the list of Crusades I wonder?

Very sad incident this, tragic and pointless loss of life. So much scum and so many a%%holes out there to bring death and destruction without DIYing it into your own neighbourhood.

According Thai TV info conflict is born of a refusal by the Italian father to return the child after the legal period of custody.

"Child is not here..."

All this is confusing and does not excuse in any case the use of a gun by the mother but it gives an explanation.

Another example showing that almost always wrong here wearing definitive judgments on the facts too briefly reported.

Well i feel sorry for the young boy .. I could understand why the man must have turn the gun on his wife and himself as there is no real justice in Thailand ? I maybe sent down for 12 years in a Thai Jail as Thais have a habit of lying and pointing fingers .. kind of also shocked how this woman was able to and maybe his days were number to be taken to the cleaners hint why he turn the gun on himself and his wife and leave everything to the son .. sad lost to the boy ? and poor guy having to kill himself ?

How is the European justice working out for you with immigrant rapes and robberies all around. European laws do not even have death penalty, murderers, rapist, mafias are free by 10 years...Its a joke

This is so sad. Our family knew this family well. Their son and my daughter went to the same school together for 4 years. We had many good times together. Birthday parties, ice creams after school and school get togethers. We moved stateside 1 1/2 years ago so this came as a shock today. We knew of the love they had for their child, and we pray he grows up safe and healthy. You all will be missed. Chuck "Daddee", Pim & Cha Li.

Some love they showed for the child

Archived