Italian expat and Thai wife found dead in apparent murder suicide in Chiang Mai

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, it's off topic, but how is it a "damnation of his immortal soul"?

It's more a just food for thought with this cautionary tale.

Personally, I don't understand why men over a certain age, esp. those who have already had their families elsewhere come here produce children that have no choice but to live their lives as victims of volatile relationships. It's vanity and child abuse.

Personally, I think it's very poor form of you to use this tragic event as an excuse to vent your strange opinions about relationships between Western men and Thai women. I don't think your story is food for thought: sounds more like a blanket condemnation of Thai women to me.

I have a beautiful 4-year-old girl with a lovely lady here: should I have had a vasectomy instead, like your friend? Also, as Winnie pointed out, this guy was only 40, making your little rant completely off topic.

Edit: as for NeverSure and stickylies, your comments are beneath contempt. Thank you for doing the world a favour by choosing not to reproduce.

I think this topic is a little to close to home for you.

On the contrary, I think the topic's maybe a little too close to home for YOU. A sad, lonely farang lady unable to compete here? I can't think of any other way to explain your nastiness.

I just broke off with my Thai "wife" who carries 2 high caliber licenced guns.She can not accept me working or doing business. I am super rich, you have no need to work.She even bought mean imported Sports Benz,I can not sit idle.ok go back she said.I think am very lucky.great escape.

Still no answer to that age old question ............................

Do guns kill people OR

Do people kill people.

If no gun available .......................then maybe , just maybe ...............no-one would be dead.

Yeah, and if these people were not born they would not have died ...
Fantastic as Dopey give always a good solution ...

Lucky the child wasn`t in the house at the time, otherwise the boy could have been killed as well. I have read many similar reports in the news that at most time these suicidal fathers will murder their own children.

Having been in a similar situation, I have every sympathy for the guy.

The woman abuses you by manipulating access to your children.

I doubt he was suicidal.

In the end you snap or walk away.

He snapped, I walked away.

Maybe I was wrong to walk away, and should have killed her ..............

I still miss my 4 children, been 7 years now.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Yes, it's off topic, but how is it a "damnation of his immortal soul"?

It's more a just food for thought with this cautionary tale.

Personally, I don't understand why men over a certain age, esp. those who have already had their families elsewhere come here produce children that have no choice but to live their lives as victims of volatile relationships. It's vanity and child abuse.

Personally, I think it's very poor form of you to use this tragic event as an excuse to vent your strange opinions about relationships between Western men and Thai women. I don't think your story is food for thought: sounds more like a blanket condemnation of Thai women to me.

I have a beautiful 4-year-old girl with a lovely lady here: should I have had a vasectomy instead, like your friend? Also, as Winnie pointed out, this guy was only 40, making your little rant completely off topic.

Edit: as for NeverSure and stickylies, your comments are beneath contempt. Thank you for doing the world a favour by choosing not to reproduce.

I think this topic is a little to close to home for you.

On the contrary, I think the topic's maybe a little too close to home for YOU. A sad, lonely farang lady unable to compete here? I can't think of any other way to explain your nastiness.

She's actually married, husband here with her.

I don't always agree with her posts, but she gets involved with a fair bit of community work here.

Feel so sorry for the boy. Out of sudden he's an orphan. Somehow I feel sad for the Italian expat. I could be wrong but couldn't help thinking he married the wrong woman.

Hes just killed his Wife and left his Son parentless

The Wife took out the gun first. He wrestled the gun over from her. Man must have been forced to an extremely narrow corner that made him snapped.

H e was stood there with a gun and a defenseless Woman .

He was in no corner , he could have walked away, he choose not to .

He probably killed her out of anger, realised what he'd done , then killed himself

Defenseless woman? She was the one who brought and produced the gun, with possibly the aim and intent to kill.

They are both in the wrong in this situation. I feel for the child, but don't go blaming only the man in this. He had his reasons, and this will most probably happen again, here in Thailand and elsewhere in the world, when a man knows and reaches the point of desperation when it comes to his children. The laws in most case are simply not fair when it comes to the father, and when a father can't bare to live without his own flesh and blood, this is what can happen.

Men should be very wise & be well prepared before starting a family with a thai women, espeically in their own back yard.

OMG, in Thailand people are allowed to carry like that guns? please advise me is this true or not?

many do. i was absolutely shocked a number of years ago while visiting friends in Bangkok who are quite conservative normal, upper middle-class people with adult children. we took a drive 90 minutes or so out of Bangkok and after a number of telephone calls we pulled over on the side of the road and a woman got in the car. my friend's wife reached in her purse and pulled out some large, bank-bound stacks of cash and handed it to the woman and had her sign some papers. i could not help but notice a handgun in her purse similar to the one in the photo in this thread. when we returned to their home i asked my friend why his wife carries a piece. he told me that every month his wife pays more than 70 Cambodian factory workers who make clothes for her and they all know what day she comes, and that is one reason why her foreman meets her somewhere different each time. the gun - in case someone follows the foreman - "you never know".

also practically every gold shop owner and their spouse all carry a gun. fairly common here.

@ happy Joe........................

must be some great stuff you are on ........................

Of course if they werent born they wouldnt have died.................that is just simple basic logic .

But how does your comment concern the significance of the availability of a gun in this case............................. NO GUN AVAILABLE ...most likely no one would be dead.

remove the gun from the location ............................no one would be dead. The people would still be alive.

OMG, in Thailand people are allowed to carry like that guns? please advise me is this true or not?

Yes some people do carry guns in their vehicles and have them in their homes.Whether they are licensed or not is immaterial when it comes to confrontation.

Happens all over Thailand not just CM.Thats why if you are invoved in an accident, or just an altercation, calm down, walk away, dont be confrontational.

Not just guns either some prefer a machete/knife under the front seat.Its a small minority that do but you are not to know that at the time.

A friend of my husband's, upon moving to Thailand and entering the dating scene decided the best thing to do would be to get a vasectomy. I really give him credit to have the wisdom and courage to have done this. He's still dating Thai women, having had a few dramas, but at least children haven't been involved -- only his money.

Off topic,

And the damnation of his immortal soul.

What on earth are you prattling on about?

I have been there too,not a gun but a big macete,luckly i manage to take it off her hands and not use it on her.

Three years later the mom <deleted> off,now i spend the best of my time with my daughter.

So sorry for the man and boy,not a feeling for the mother,and the boyfriend.

Archived