Gals from internet dating getting commission from restaurants?

atyclb

this may seem bizarre and i have seen a lot of money grabbing ploys on web dating sites but i wonder if gals that insist on first meetings for dinner at the most expensive bkk restaurants are possibly receiving commission ??

case in point, one gal wants to be invited to sirocco. an average meal for 2 can easily cost 10,000 baht or much more if wine - champagne is ordered. the place is pricier than some michelin star restaurants.

if a good friend wanted to invite me to eat there i would decline as i cannot feel comfortable accepting such an expensive meal.

it is difficult for me to understand how a near complete stranger can feel ok imposing this on another near stranger ??

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met a girl before the one I have been with now for awhile. Met her on ThaiFriendly, we met at Cent.Festival Pattaya. She wanted to eat suishi at one of the chains there. Looking at the menu she wanted the extral Large sushi/sashimi boat at 4500b and another item priced at 1800b. I scaled it way way down. In the end the bill for lunch was about 1500b. She ate about a quarter of her food. I never called her back. She stalked me for weeks.

It used to be very common for restaurant and bar owners to kick back a percentage to the Thai female who was accompanied by a foreigner, Mrs CM knows to accept the offer and it helps offset our bill (in days gone by).

I'm thinking specifically of the restaurant/bars in Watgate along the river, along the side of it.

My dates usually get treated to a serving of grilled chicken with sticky rice as a test. if it's good enough for me, it ought to be good enough for them, too. If they frown, they are not worth my time, I get rid of them as fast as I can and continue with my happy life - sans potential leech. Luckily, I think with my brain and not my... well, you know.

thanx for many good replies. i agree with you. this gal alleges she is an engineer and even writes on profile meeting for coffee is not acceptable but it must be a quality restaurant.

i messaged her asking if she has a list of acceptable places. sirocco was the reply.

next i thought maybe she gets a commission? maybe she wants to get a free expensive meal? maybe she is a very bitter unhappy person and thinks her ego will be healed with expensive food?

maybe golden pussy syndrome?

I met a girl before the one I have been with now for awhile. Met her on ThaiFriendly, we met at Cent.Festival Pattaya. She wanted to eat suishi at one of the chains there. Looking at the menu she wanted the extral Large sushi/sashimi boat at 4500b and another item priced at 1800b. I scaled it way way down. In the end the bill for lunch was about 1500b. She ate about a quarter of her food. I never called her back. She stalked me for weeks.

mine is also from that dating site. back in my home country dating japanese girls was a whole lot better.

Maybe the just want to make sure your not some foreigner without money, or just a way to get rid of you without hurting your feelings.. (lets ask something impossible so he will say no and I dont have too)

usually they just stop chatting or block me.

Just make a time and appointment to go there. Follow it up with a SMS about 10 minutes before you're about to meet up saying traffic is bad you will be 20 minutes late. 25 minutes after than send another saying bad taxi took you to the wrong place. Please wait and order a drink while you get a new taxi. Then 30 minutes later say sorry your mom is sick you need to pai hospital.

I have seen this before I am not sure if its so much for the food or for the selfie at the restaurant so post for all their friends to see they are eating HiSo. Once prior to my getting married I had a TF girl want to meet me at Central World for Sushi. That was fine and the meal was not bad but the conversation revolved around her needing a new phone. An iPhone 4s (newest at the time) none the less. I shrugged it off and said you will have to save to be able to afford it. Her reply was yes unless you buy it for me!! So I said sure lets go. Went up to the apple shop and had her pick out the one she liked, she was excitedly talking to the sales guy. I excused my self with a quick " Katote krup bap numg, pourt tong mak pai hong man na " She smiled and said OK hurry na. I had quite the smirk on my face getting into the taxi going home whilst blocking her number.

Som Nam Na

Just make a time and appointment to go there. Follow it up with a SMS about 10 minutes before you're about to meet up saying traffic is bad you will be 20 minutes late. 25 minutes after than send another saying bad taxi took you to the wrong place. Please wait and order a drink while you get a new taxi. Then 30 minutes later say sorry your mom is sick you need to pai hospital.

I have seen this before I am not sure if its so much for the food or for the selfie at the restaurant so post for all their friends to see they are eating HiSo. Once prior to my getting married I had a TF girl want to meet me at Central World for Sushi. That was fine and the meal was not bad but the conversation revolved around her needing a new phone. An iPhone 4s (newest at the time) none the less. I shrugged it off and said you will have to save to be able to afford it. Her reply was yes unless you buy it for me!! So I said sure lets go. Went up to the apple shop and had her pick out the one she liked, she was excitedly talking to the sales guy. I excused my self with a quick " Katote krup bap numg, pourt tong mak pai hong man na " She smiled and said OK hurry na. I had quite the smirk on my face getting into the taxi going home whilst blocking her number.

Som Nam Na

Or you could just say 'no'

Som Nam Na

hong man?

It's a common trick, and not just from dating sites. Even the bar girls can ask for commission if they're business savvy.

And almost without fail, if a bar girl takes you to a short time room, she gets a 100B kickback from the house.

Som Nam Na

Why just say no? Obviously she was using a service to better herself rather than to meet genuine people. I figured it should have been a nice lunch a bit of chatting then if there was as spark more at a later date. She figured it was a western fella who she could suck into buying her a phone. Again to me it was very delusional and an odd way to act. Telling her no would have ended up with some remark about me not being a good man or such. So why not let a little egg get thrown on that ever so fragile face that people worry so much about here.

Som Nam Na

Why just say no? Obviously she was using a service to better herself rather than to meet genuine people. I figured it should have been a nice lunch a bit of chatting then if there was as spark more at a later date. She figured it was a western fella who she could suck into buying her a phone. Again to me it was very delusional and an odd way to act. Telling her no would have ended up with some remark about me not being a good man or such. So why not let a little egg get thrown on that ever so fragile face that people worry so much about here.
thats the point though. 98% are on TF to better themselves.

it is all levels of what way they want to better themself

Som Nam Na

thats the point though. 98% are on TF to better themselves.

it is all levels of what way they want to better themself

i dont doubt that. a thai friend has seen on thai language internet chat that tf pays some attractive girls to use their photos in profiles as bait.

thanx for many good replies. i agree with you. this gal alleges she is an engineer and even writes on profile meeting for coffee is not acceptable but it must be a quality restaurant.

i messaged her asking if she has a list of acceptable places. sirocco was the reply.

next i thought maybe she gets a commission? maybe she wants to get a free expensive meal? maybe she is a very bitter unhappy person and thinks her ego will be healed with expensive food?

maybe golden pussy syndrome?

Or she's looking for the experience on your money.

This is probably why she's single,

and more importantly,

on a dating site.

I don't care about paying for expensive meals as I eat most of it anyway. I do test their cooking skills. I have two bathrooms and If they stay in my condo the final test is me handing her a bucket and showing them where the cleaning supplies are. Weak arm movements not acceptable. Many Japanese girls these days have been mollycoddled and have no domestic skills.

Archived