BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atyclb

Gals from internet dating getting commission from restaurants?

this may seem bizarre and i have seen a lot of money grabbing ploys on web dating sites but i wonder if gals that insist on first meetings for dinner at the most expensive bkk restaurants are possibly receiving commission ??

case in point, one gal wants to be invited to sirocco. an average meal for 2 can easily cost 10,000 baht or much more if wine - champagne is ordered. the place is pricier than some michelin star restaurants.

if a good friend wanted to invite me to eat there i would decline as i cannot feel comfortable accepting such an expensive meal.

it is difficult for me to understand how a near complete stranger can feel ok imposing this on another near stranger ??

Maybe the just want to make sure your not some foreigner without money, or just a way to get rid of you without hurting your feelings.. (lets ask something impossible so he will say no and I dont have too)

I met a girl before the one I have been with now for awhile. Met her on ThaiFriendly, we met at Cent.Festival Pattaya. She wanted to eat suishi at one of the chains there. Looking at the menu she wanted the extral Large sushi/sashimi boat at 4500b and another item priced at 1800b. I scaled it way way down. In the end the bill for lunch was about 1500b. She ate about a quarter of her food. I never called her back. She stalked me for weeks.

Never let hookers order what they want.

You pay so you the boss.

There is only one thing I want A hooker to eat. You wouldn't take a hooker out for dinner back home, why do it here, give her 50 baht for som tam if you must, she will appreciate that

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

It used to be very common for restaurant and bar owners to kick back a percentage to the Thai female who was accompanied by a foreigner, Mrs CM knows to accept the offer and it helps offset our bill (in days gone by).

I'm thinking specifically of the restaurant/bars in Watgate along the river, along the side of it.

try that uni which grooms mia nois cheaper more fun clap2.gif

If you are unlucky she will bring a girl friend with her biggrin.png

You are after the wrong girls.

Even that they know such ridiculously expensive places disqualifies them.

"Next profile".

My dates usually get treated to a serving of grilled chicken with sticky rice as a test. if it's good enough for me, it ought to be good enough for them, too. If they frown, they are not worth my time, I get rid of them as fast as I can and continue with my happy life - sans potential leech. Luckily, I think with my brain and not my... well, you know.

A friends father told me when I was young that on the first date take her for a donut. He said best way to find out what she is interested in.. You quickly find out which ones are shallow and which ones are real.

Why would you go on a date with anyone that insists on specifying a particular restaurant?

thanx for many good replies. i agree with you. this gal alleges she is an engineer and even writes on profile meeting for coffee is not acceptable but it must be a quality restaurant.

i messaged her asking if she has a list of acceptable places. sirocco was the reply.

next i thought maybe she gets a commission? maybe she wants to get a free expensive meal? maybe she is a very bitter unhappy person and thinks her ego will be healed with expensive food?

maybe golden pussy syndrome?

I met a girl before the one I have been with now for awhile. Met her on ThaiFriendly, we met at Cent.Festival Pattaya. She wanted to eat suishi at one of the chains there. Looking at the menu she wanted the extral Large sushi/sashimi boat at 4500b and another item priced at 1800b. I scaled it way way down. In the end the bill for lunch was about 1500b. She ate about a quarter of her food. I never called her back. She stalked me for weeks.

mine is also from that dating site. back in my home country dating japanese girls was a whole lot better.