Gals from internet dating getting commission from restaurants?

atyclb

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you would decline a good friend, I see no problem in declining a complete stranger.

As suggested she may be using it to filter out poorer applicants but it does suggest a possible gold-digger.

Find your own alternative to suggest, not too shabby, and see if they go for that.

You just filtered out some likely undesirables for free!

It used to be very common for restaurant and bar owners to kick back a percentage to the Thai female who was accompanied by a foreigner, Mrs CM knows to accept the offer and it helps offset our bill (in days gone by).

I'm thinking specifically of the restaurant/bars in Watgate along the river, along the side of it.

I would not be pleased if a restaurant thought my wife was a lady of negotiable virtue.

I can't take responsibility for what somebody else thinks, whatever they think is there problem to deal with not mine. And anyway, given that we used to live a mere stones throw from the restaurant in question and that over a two year period we would eat there at least twice a week, including lunch, it was rather a silly thing for them to do, but what are you going to do, if they offer money you take it.

I did the opposite, My now wife (we met on Thaifriendly) wanted to eat street food on our second date and I took her to sirocco. BTW they aren't all hookers on those sites, you need to weed out the garbage, takes a while though. If you head straight for the hottest ones and your double their age you reap what you sow.

I met a girl at Siam Paragon. I let her choose where to eat. it was Italian and she picked the most expensive item on the menu. I just thought that she figured we wouldn't see each other again and she should get as much as she can even though that might not be the most enjoyable meal for her. Easy, though not cheap, way to vet the goodies from the badies.

Other girls went for something more normal.

Probably something on the order of a coffee date is best. Either one can leave quickly if not happy.

Anyone still use the TF site? And if so has it changed that much since? As I said the last time I was there was when the iPhone 4s was new. But I guess to be fair there are gold diggers on all of the dating type sites, pictures of other people is a classic as well. Has anyone ever gone to meet someone to find they have been duped by a picture that was not who you thought? I got that once haha makes for an interesting story.

The women I know that would insist on going to a place like that are able to pay for their own. So if they don't mind paying for their own then I would gladly tag along. The first meeting is not supposed to break the bank. Meet for coffee or at a cheap Thai restaurant for lunch. Me and my girlfriend met at a cheap Thai restaurant and she did not even order anything. I have not been able to get rid of her since! Back in the States an American woman wanted me to take her to a Thai restaurant. I ended up spending $100 and all I ate was an appetizer. I have not heard from that lady since! Lesson learned.

girls from banks much better, but date one thats not in your bank, and never allow them to dictate

Yeah, finding a lady with a decent job is a good first step—banks, universities, hospitals, corporate offices. Just go into their offices and make inquiries about their products or services. I am an old university professor, going to universities and talking to people at the faculty of your discipline can uncover some nice faculty and students.

I really like Top Charoen optical. The staff are all in form-fitting white suits and are eager to talk, which makes them good hunting, but a nice-looking optician or optometrist may be the prizes.

Several years ago my son was here with a friend. They had done the bar scene and were looking for some nice girls. I took them to a Top Charoen I used to like—always found a reason to go back to have my glasses adjusted or just have them cleaned and jaw with the ladies. When we walked out, both lads had dates the next evening—note to novices: double dates may work easier, and laying down a little ground work doesn't hurt either.

There are so many ways to meet good women face to face and you don't have to spend anything to do so. That's why I just don't see finding a new girl on the internet. I guess I am hard to please. I won't buy anything on the internet unless I have used it, can thoroughly research it, or maybe if I have the recommendation of a respected friend to verify it.

The nice ladies at the shop you mentioned completed my eye exam with my contacts in and told me I didn't need glasses. This is after I told them my prescription was -9.0. Clearly not the brightest women on the planet. I walked in the shop without a seeing eye dog...

I doubt you walked into the shop I mentioned, there are literally hundreds of Top Charoen stores. Please note, I made no guarantee of their professional capabilities and I said the opticians and optometrists were the prize, not the staff.

Obviously this was probably a different shop than I went to. I can't date a woman that is that poor at her job. I am not sure who the prize was supposed to be in my sitiuation since the whole shop was involved in my eye exam.

Just make a time and appointment to go there. Follow it up with a SMS about 10 minutes before you're about to meet up saying traffic is bad you will be 20 minutes late. 25 minutes after than send another saying bad taxi took you to the wrong place. Please wait and order a drink while you get a new taxi. Then 30 minutes later say sorry your mom is sick you need to pai hospital.

I have seen this before I am not sure if its so much for the food or for the selfie at the restaurant so post for all their friends to see they are eating HiSo. Once prior to my getting married I had a TF girl want to meet me at Central World for Sushi. That was fine and the meal was not bad but the conversation revolved around her needing a new phone. An iPhone 4s (newest at the time) none the less. I shrugged it off and said you will have to save to be able to afford it. Her reply was yes unless you buy it for me!! So I said sure lets go. Went up to the apple shop and had her pick out the one she liked, she was excitedly talking to the sales guy. I excused my self with a quick " Katote krup bap numg, pourt tong mak pai hong man na " She smiled and said OK hurry na. I had quite the smirk on my face getting into the taxi going home whilst blocking her number.

Som Nam Na

hong man?

New superhero, Hong Man, powers of a Hong!!!

thanx for many good replies. i agree with you. this gal alleges she is an engineer and even writes on profile meeting for coffee is not acceptable but it must be a quality restaurant.

i messaged her asking if she has a list of acceptable places. sirocco was the reply.

next i thought maybe she gets a commission? maybe she wants to get a free expensive meal? maybe she is a very bitter unhappy person and thinks her ego will be healed with expensive food?

maybe golden pussy syndrome?

Maybe she wants to eliminate the cheapskates

10 - 15,000 baht or more for dinner in your mind is eliminating cheapskates ?

Anyone still use the TF site? And if so has it changed that much since? As I said the last time I was there was when the iPhone 4s was new. But I guess to be fair there are gold diggers on all of the dating type sites, pictures of other people is a classic as well. Has anyone ever gone to meet someone to find they have been duped by a picture that was not who you thought? I got that once haha makes for an interesting story.

i recall meetin a TF girl that invited me to go with her to get body painting. her profile pic showed a very light skinned person and when we met i firt did not recognize her. she really blew a fuse on photoshop to whiten that much.

anyway she ends up saying she forgot to stop at the atm and asks for 1000 bhat for body painting. this after i covered a decent dinner. i told her i was sleepy and left. no 1000 baht for her body paint. the feudal patronage society along with the majority acceptance of corruption-cheating fuels a lot of it.

thanx for many good replies. i agree with you. this gal alleges she is an engineer and even writes on profile meeting for coffee is not acceptable but it must be a quality restaurant.

i messaged her asking if she has a list of acceptable places. sirocco was the reply.

next i thought maybe she gets a commission? maybe she wants to get a free expensive meal? maybe she is a very bitter unhappy person and thinks her ego will be healed with expensive food?

Cheapskates come in all denominations and are assessed by the beholder. She apparently was very fond of herself.

1BADDAT said, “Obviously this was probably a different shop than I went to. I can't date a woman that (sic) is that poor at her job. I am not sure who the prize was supposed to be in my sitiuation (sic) since the whole shop was involved in my eye exam.”

I’ve spent several hours in my favorite shop and have seen the staff do the eye tests to fit glasses if the customer had the prescription. So, you may not have even seen the optician, let alone the optometrist—in fact the optometrist at my favorite shop has other shops she services.

If you can't date a woman who is poor at her job; then, I suggest you not date any of the women you saw.

That seems to be basic intelligence, but then many farangs seem to lack the basics where women are concerned. I have seen many farangs married to Thais who complain their wife can't place them ahead of her Thai family, can't embrace his culture, can't live without being in Thailand, can't learn English, can't cook for them, can't eat anything but Thai food, can't stick to a budget, can't be trusted with a credit card, can't handle paying the bills; can't, can't, can’t . . .

Really, then why didn't the farang find-out these things before he married her?

Cheapskates come in all denominations and are assessed by the beholder. She apparently was very fond of herself.

IMO the main point / reason is "the person" and not whether you meet at a normal place or the most expensive.

i have made a couple of female thai friends online that believe it or not are medical doctors (have visited them at work) and they never had such demands. actually ate at an italian rest at central world and wouldn't let me cover the tab. the other one similar.

maybe the gal in question is scorned and trying to feel better about herself by acting this way. maybe very angry at men and or herself. i am not angry at her just sad.

Or maybe she comes from the upper crust and doesn't want to mess about with guys that can't afford her habits. Thais aren't straightforward about many things, but they usually are when it comes to money.

It's different bc online dating is more spread out. Five years ago I met ten girls a day on that site and was shagging three of em per week. Cute ones too. Now Im lucky if one of em replies per day, and they're rarely lookers.

1BADDAT said, “Obviously this was probably a different shop than I went to. I can't date a woman that (sic) is that poor at her job. I am not sure who the prize was supposed to be in my sitiuation (sic) since the whole shop was involved in my eye exam.”

I’ve spent several hours in my favorite shop and have seen the staff do the eye tests to fit glasses if the customer had the prescription. So, you may not have even seen the optician, let alone the optometrist—in fact the optometrist at my favorite shop has other shops she services.

If you can't date a woman who is poor at her job; then, I suggest you not date any of the women you saw.

That seems to be basic intelligence, but then many farangs seem to lack the basics where women are concerned. I have seen many farangs married to Thais who complain their wife can't place them ahead of her Thai family, can't embrace his culture, can't live without being in Thailand, can't learn English, can't cook for them, can't eat anything but Thai food, can't stick to a budget, can't be trusted with a credit card, can't handle paying the bills; can't, can't, can’t . . .

im trying to decipher your rambling and I'm not sure you even know what you are trying to say.

It's different bc online dating is more spread out. Five years ago I met ten girls a day on that site and was shagging three of em per week. Cute ones too. Now Im lucky if one of em replies per day, and they're rarely lookers.

It's an online brothel.

Or maybe she comes from the upper crust and doesn't want to mess about with guys that can't afford her habits. Thais aren't straightforward about many things, but they usually are when it comes to money.

screening to see what lucky lad(s) will have the privilege. i have known women that did masters and phd's in america and england with family money and are down to earth and not at all pretentious. we share the bill or i must argue so i can pay on occasion. me thinks some online dating sites are hunting grounds for gold-diggers.

a date at starbucks is not for paupers either but she specified no meeting for coffee.

i see image over substance here. money sort of replaces self esteem via achievement- personal development. somehow getting money is highly associated with self worth. a thai friend told me he once saw a well known highly paid female tv celebrity at a vip floor of a high end massage in bkk.

screening to see what lucky lad(s) will have the privilege. i have known women that did masters and phd's in america and england with family money and are down to earth and not at all pretentious. we share the bill or i must argue so i can pay on occasion. me thinks some online dating sites are hunting grounds for gold-diggers.

a date at starbucks is not for paupers either but she specified no meeting for coffee.

i see image over substance here. money sort of replaces self esteem via achievement- personal development. somehow getting money is highly associated with self worth. a thai friend told me he once saw a well known highly paid female tv celebrity at a vip floor of a high end massage in bkk.

Not sure how that last line relates to the topic. Rich girl uses VIP room at spa. No surprise there. But yes, Ive also known a few Thais from wealthy families that are very down to Earth. I have to twist their arms or trick them into letting me pay for anything. Still, others are not so liberal and would not waste their time with a guy that cant buy em dinner at a high-end restaurant without batting an eye, as that would likely be the expectation of their family.

Not sure how that last line relates to the topic. Rich girl uses VIP room at spa. No surprise there. But yes, Ive also known a few Thais from wealthy families that are very down to Earth. I have to twist their arms or trick them into letting me pay for anything. Still, others are not so liberal and would not waste their time with a guy that cant buy em dinner at a high-end restaurant without batting an eye, as that would likely be the expectation of their family.

i refer to VIP floor of a hiso soapie in rachada where the tv celebrity is also available for purchase..last time i checked, thai doctors at government hospitals get 30k / month. unless independently wealthy i doubt they would be foolish enough to blow 1-2 weeks or more salary either. the gal this topic is about wrote "show me your class" related to fine dining. i guess those poor slobs that get 30k/ month after medical school have no class either.

i refer to VIP floor of a hiso soapie in rachada where the tv celebrity is also available for purchase..last time i checked, thai doctors at government hospitals get 30k / month. unless independently wealthy i doubt they would be foolish enough to blow 1-2 weeks or more salary either. the gal this topic is about wrote "show me your class" related to fine dining. i guess those poor slobs that get 30k/ month after medical school have no class either.

Clearly the girl's a gold digger. Class in this instance is just a... classy way of saying rich. But she's entitled to be that way, especially if she comes from money. (I seem to remember meeting a girl on TF that told me flat out she doesn't date guys that earn less than her. Fair enough.) The part I have a problem with is thinking anyone- wealthy or otherwise- is gonna take a chance and drop 10K on a first date with a girl they've never met in person. Seems kinda audacious considering she might not be who she makes herself out to be. Plus, anyone who has that kind of money wouldn't need to go looking for love on the Internet.

Clearly the girl's a gold digger. Class in this instance is just a... classy way of saying rich. But she's entitled to be that way, especially if she comes from money. (I seem to remember meeting a girl on TF that told me flat out she doesn't date guys that earn less than her. Fair enough.) The part I have a problem with is thinking anyone- wealthy or otherwise- is gonna take a chance and drop 10K on a first date with a girl they've never met in person. Seems kinda audacious considering she might not be who she makes herself out to be. Plus, anyone who has that kind of money wouldn't need to go looking for love on the Internet.

agree with you 100%.

i would consider 10K to attend a charitable dinner with genuine nice wealthy people. i have supported worthy charities and/or donated time/services in the past. i dont consider a TF girl a charity

My dates usually get treated to a serving of grilled chicken with sticky rice as a test. if it's good enough for me, it ought to be good enough for them, too. If they frown, they are not worth my time, I get rid of them as fast as I can and continue with my happy life - sans potential leech. Luckily, I think with my brain and not my... well, you know.

When I was single and dating I would offer them the choice between somewhere expensive and somewhere cheap, if they didn't want to go to the expensive place because they would feel out of place then I wouldn't bother with them any further.

You can tell a lot about what sort of family they are from by who they feel comfortable around.

And a relationship where your partner doesn't like going to the places you like going, is not going to work, even if you don't mind slumming it sometimes.

im trying to decipher your rambling and I'm not sure you even know what you are trying to say.

Me say, if you no likey girl, then no marry girl.

My dates usually get treated to a serving of grilled chicken with sticky rice as a test. if it's good enough for me, it ought to be good enough for them, too. If they frown, they are not worth my time, I get rid of them as fast as I can and continue with my happy life - sans potential leech. Luckily, I think with my brain and not my... well, you know.

When I was single and dating I would offer them the choice between somewhere expensive and somewhere cheap, if they didn't want to go to the expensive place because they would feel out of place then I wouldn't bother with them any further.

You can tell a lot about what sort of family they are from by who they feel comfortable around.

And a relationship where your partner doesn't like going to the places you like going, is not going to work, even if you don't mind slumming it sometimes.

Assuming you were dating in Thailand when you were single, it sounds as though you have a very clear understanding of the emotional needs of the Thai female and are truly an empathetic person.

interesting perspective. would you not place value on a girls humility and feeling uncomfortable with you spending 10- 20,000 baht for dinner on a date?

if she is educated, progressive and worldly she will likely know restaurants that have value for nice food and affordability. theres tons of such restaurants in bangkok.

me personally, if a good (wealthy) good friend invited me to sirocco or equivalent i'd flat out refuse. would not be comfortable at all. that is a good friend. a near stranger and its an even easier decision.

fyi, i have traveled extensively throught europe and believe i know good food and value. very nice food in france and italy.

in the past i was involved academically at one of the highly esteemed medical schools in bkk. sometime a group of senior female physicians took me to dinner. you know what, the places they knew had great food and not even snobby arrogant or overpriced. we also ate street food; papaya salad, bbq chicken, sticky rice and "loving it"

i also know a thai gal at management level for a japanese company that can only eat limited thai food. does not feel comfortable in any such high end restaurant.

just out of curiousity it sure seems Bocuse restaurant in America is a much better(lower priced) deal than sirocco. paul bocuse is a reasonable solid name in fine dining.

http://www.bocuserestaurant.com/menus/

Just make a time and appointment to go there. Follow it up with a SMS about 10 minutes before you're about to meet up saying traffic is bad you will be 20 minutes late. 25 minutes after than send another saying bad taxi took you to the wrong place. Please wait and order a drink while you get a new taxi. Then 30 minutes later say sorry your mom is sick you need to pai hospital.

I have seen this before I am not sure if its so much for the food or for the selfie at the restaurant so post for all their friends to see they are eating HiSo. Once prior to my getting married I had a TF girl want to meet me at Central World for Sushi. That was fine and the meal was not bad but the conversation revolved around her needing a new phone. An iPhone 4s (newest at the time) none the less. I shrugged it off and said you will have to save to be able to afford it. Her reply was yes unless you buy it for me!! So I said sure lets go. Went up to the apple shop and had her pick out the one she liked, she was excitedly talking to the sales guy. I excused my self with a quick " Katote krup bap numg, pourt tong mak pai hong man na " She smiled and said OK hurry na. I had quite the smirk on my face getting into the taxi going home whilst blocking her number.

Som Nam Na

Or you could just say 'no'

Where's the fun in that!

I just sent this little hottie a message on TF telling her how beautiful she was and i wanted to get to know her.

She responded. Sure, if you can take care of me with money.

I responded back. Sure, I can take care of you with money if you can take care of me with sex.

Suffice it to say she didn't respond back.

Well at least i still have my money.

Archived