Gals from internet dating getting commission from restaurants?

Maybe the just want to make sure your not some foreigner without money, or just a way to get rid of you without hurting your feelings.. (lets ask something impossible so he will say no and I dont have too)

Is that the barometer for 'foreigner with no money' then, one of the most expensive restaurants in town? :D

It's quite clearly a girl trying it on for a nice dinner. I doubt they get commission but they get a nice expensive meal, free and some photos for facebook.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since she's paying I'd say that's a damned good deal. What's that, a months salary for 1 meal? I think she's infatuated.

Otherwise I'd offer pizza for her and her chaperone friend, and maybe ice cream parlour afterwards. If that is not acceptable then eject.

Never let hookers order what they want.

You pay so you the boss.

Never let dirty old westerners take sexual advantage of you for 20 quid. It's your body, and the tight-fisted <deleted>***s could never get to sleep with a woman with your figure back home so make sure you get a decently priced meal out of them too. Oh, and make sure they book an expensive hotel too. None of this back to my 8k Baht a month studio room rubbish.

Why would you go on a date with anyone that insists on specifying a particular restaurant?

I think when a guy is new to Bangkok, he does not know his way around, so he asks his date to pick a nice restaurant.

I know that was what I did until I became more familiar with my way around Bangkok.

The first one took me on a riverboat on the Chao Phraya river which served nice meals.

thanx for many good replies. i agree with you. this gal alleges she is an engineer and even writes on profile meeting for coffee is not acceptable but it must be a quality restaurant.

i messaged her asking if she has a list of acceptable places. sirocco was the reply.

next i thought maybe she gets a commission? maybe she wants to get a free expensive meal? maybe she is a very bitter unhappy person and thinks her ego will be healed with expensive food?

maybe golden pussy syndrome?

She just wants to exploit you, pure and simple. Tell you'll take her there and you split the bill. See what she says.

An internet dating site ... in Bangkok? Are you serious?

There are bars in BKK where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a woman who could EASILY be a model back in Farangland!

You pay so you the boss.

Never let dirty old westerners take sexual advantage of you for 20 quid. It's your body, and the tight-fisted <deleted>***s could never get to sleep with a woman with your figure back home so make sure you get a decently priced meal out of them too. Oh, and make sure they book an expensive hotel too. None of this back to my 8k Baht a month studio room rubbish.

Haha, nice one

but are we going down the line of everyone on TF is a hooker then? Not sure that's entirely true, is it

Just make a time and appointment to go there. Follow it up with a SMS about 10 minutes before you're about to meet up saying traffic is bad you will be 20 minutes late. 25 minutes after than send another saying bad taxi took you to the wrong place. Please wait and order a drink while you get a new taxi. Then 30 minutes later say sorry your mom is sick you need to pai hospital.

I have seen this before I am not sure if its so much for the food or for the selfie at the restaurant so post for all their friends to see they are eating HiSo. Once prior to my getting married I had a TF girl want to meet me at Central World for Sushi. That was fine and the meal was not bad but the conversation revolved around her needing a new phone. An iPhone 4s (newest at the time) none the less. I shrugged it off and said you will have to save to be able to afford it. Her reply was yes unless you buy it for me!! So I said sure lets go. Went up to the apple shop and had her pick out the one she liked, she was excitedly talking to the sales guy. I excused my self with a quick " Katote krup bap numg, pourt tong mak pai hong man na " She smiled and said OK hurry na. I had quite the smirk on my face getting into the taxi going home whilst blocking her number.

Som Nam Na

Great one

An internet dating site ... in Bangkok? Are you serious?

There are bars in BKK where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a woman who could EASILY be a model back in Farangland!

Very few of the girls in Bangkok are tall enough to be models in the West.

The ones that are that tall? They're not girls...

You pay so you the boss.

Haha, nice one

but are we going down the line of everyone on TF is a hooker then? Not sure that's entirely true, is it

of course not! only 88% are hookers, 2% are ladyboys and the last 10% are nigerians who cant suss out that thais have brown eyes and dont live in yorkshire USA....

Thats overkill. But i had some girls in Phuket that always wanted to go to same place at night to play pool. They woud also take me on a tour through markets and both in market and on our way to there, they would go a tell me she want this and this etc. I instantly saw the good communication between owners and this girls . Later a LB (that became a good friend of mine) told me that they have special deals with shop owners and they go back next day to either cash in xx% or give back the cloths you bought them for a share. So yes theres clearly some good business there.

Just make a time and appointment to go there. Follow it up with a SMS about 10 minutes before you're about to meet up saying traffic is bad you will be 20 minutes late. 25 minutes after than send another saying bad taxi took you to the wrong place. Please wait and order a drink while you get a new taxi. Then 30 minutes later say sorry your mom is sick you need to pai hospital.

I have seen this before I am not sure if its so much for the food or for the selfie at the restaurant so post for all their friends to see they are eating HiSo. Once prior to my getting married I had a TF girl want to meet me at Central World for Sushi. That was fine and the meal was not bad but the conversation revolved around her needing a new phone. An iPhone 4s (newest at the time) none the less. I shrugged it off and said you will have to save to be able to afford it. Her reply was yes unless you buy it for me!! So I said sure lets go. Went up to the apple shop and had her pick out the one she liked, she was excitedly talking to the sales guy. I excused my self with a quick " Katote krup bap numg, pourt tong mak pai hong man na " She smiled and said OK hurry na. I had quite the smirk on my face getting into the taxi going home whilst blocking her number.

Som Nam Na

Or you could just say 'no'

Of course you could but where is the fun and educational experience in that. She can learn about the I-phone 4.

She may as well learn it from the salesman. If all her dates took her there she could soon learn

enough about Apple products to get a job there. tongue.png

NOTHING seems bizarre anymore when it comes to extracting baht from the farang's pocket...wallet...bank account, etc. Seems plausible and very probable. My solution would be to move on. First impressions are valuable lessons. vampire.gif

i sent her a polite message that dinner there could cost 1-3 weeks of a teachers salary in thailand. then i asked her if she feels comfortable having this dinner with someone she never met before. call it my dipstick for possible humanity, integrity, thoughtfulness or politeness, perhaps integrity ?

Archived