1+ year teaching letter for licence TCT, Next Thai Culture Course in BKK ?

If someone could be so kind:

What specifically needs to be stated and by whom for the 365+ day letter to TCT for Thai teaching license? Could anyone message me or post a redacted copy? What needs to accompany the letter (eg directors ID cards, licence, etc).

Is there a TCT scheduled on the horizon, especially in BKK?

Thank you

Re: TCT

If you can bear with me for a couple of hours, I can provide you with contact details for some upcoming TCT's in Bangkok. I am aware of 3 that are scheduled within the next month. I need to contact a friend who attended one recently, and I have just been told he is unavailable for 2 hours. If I haven't got back to you by 6:00 p.m,, send me a Private Mail to remind me.

Apologies, TCC Thai Culture Course. Corrected.

3 classes upcoming next month, yeah by all means! Let me know ;-)

No problems.

Are you aware that you can only sit the TCC when you hold a degree in education, a graduate diploma or equivalent?

Since when? That was never ever even mentioned before your post. I personally know of several with only a TEFL certificate, no college what so ever, who "sat" aka paid for and got the Culture Course certificate. It was also an all pass affair. One drunk even showed up in shorts, hungover, at noon and got his "certificate".

To Adenai:

Re: Your post # 5:

What is your source for saying that only those with a B. Ed. etc. are entitled to attend the TCC ? I am not looking for an argument; as a matter of fact I have some evidence that you are correct. But, I would really appreciate some documentation on this. I have been asked to advise a friend of a friend who is seriously thinking of coming to Thailand to teach in the near future. He has a Bachelor's Degree, though not in Education.

I presume, extrapolating from your post, that he would only be entitled to work here for two years. That could seriously affect his view on whether he considers it worthwhile to come here at all. I am trying to provide him with the facts before he makes a decision. Thank you.

Archived