Chinese tourists injured as runaway Phuket tour bus crashes on Patong Hill

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is absolutely tragic. How many lives of tourists and Thais have been ruined by Patong Hill. It must be the most dangerous in Thailand! Accidents all the time. I don't think the Phuket governor or Bangkok authorities ( the PM?) cares a damn . Just get the money in, then let them get on with it. Any responsible government in any country would have done something 20 years ago. I used to be in Phuket, and every time I wanted to go to Phuket town or the airport I was terrified. No wonder there is a temple on top of the hill where everyone wai s. Someone should do a count of all the accidents and deaths and publish them for the world to see.

How many runaway buses have crashed and people injured and killed on this hill?

And the common thread is? Thai drivers who can not really drive together with badly maintained vehicles

And how about that buses were banned last year from using Patong hill ... the usual BS lip service to seem like the local authorities are solving the problem ... BS

Just stop off these tour buses altogether, I lot of drivers either fall asleep, have no idea what a red warning sign is on the dashboard, or that are travelling so fast the just lose control of the bus.

It stated earlier that the bus driver warned there was something wrong with the breaking system why did he not stop the bus before these buses are equipped with all the warning signs you need

Time for speed limiters to be put on these buses and drivers to be given breath tests a more strict driving test........a lot of them just have no road sense at all

The picture is what I saw last month were the driver tried to run over a very very large kerb or fell asleep

post-235635-0-31061800-1456384935_thumb.

The picture is what I saw last month were the driver tried to run over a very very large kerb or fell asleep

Looks more like he was trying to do a U-turn and forget that he wasn't behind the wheel of his tuk-tuk this time.

Still, the front bit of his bus made it so 1/10 for effort and he is eligible for the bonus 1.5 points for managing not to ruin any other vehicle with his stupidity so the judges award a generous 2.5/10.

Archived