Who's in Phetchabun?

brianwl

Hi Folks,

I've been living in Phetchabun for a few months now but having a lot of problems finding people that speak English fluently. I've met several friendly farangs, but having a casual conversation is difficult when English is my first/only language and its their 2nd or 3rd.

I'm not into bars or drinking but do enjoy site seeing. Mainly looking for friends to meet up with during the day while my gf works. Yup, I'm a retiree.

If there's an English speaker that can teach me Thai, that would be awesome.

I've seen some posts about London Cafe. I'm at Lotus several times a week in the evening for dinner but can meet up there or anywhere during the day.

On another note, if one does not work, what is there to do here?

There are a number of places people seem to congregate,The market corner in the town, The Golf course at the Army base, guys meet there once a week I believe.

There is the Toffee Coffee shop, never been there personally, but understand it has its regulars.

The London Cafe is comparatively new so dont know if they have a regular following yet or not, why not go drop by, the owner there is English I understand.

Your last line and enquiry seems a little odd as you have been a member here for so long ?

• 2 weeks later...

who's in Phetchabun?, well Friday the south Phetchabun mob (Wichien, Phu Toei, Sri Thep) will be there for the monthly golf meet at Battle Horse camp. We possibly have a slightly different view of things compared to the Mueng Phetch types. Most have taken up or are financing agricultural ventures - pig/rice farmers etc. Though a few have had a quality education we are capable of talking <deleted> to anyone, after the usual Leo intake.

• 2 weeks later...

Things to do if one does not work.

Play golf.

Ride a motorbike up to Khao Khor or the surrounding mountains.

Fishing.

Shopping.

Swimming at Homeland.

Or the favourite past time of many meet up for a beer two or three times a week.

Good ideas rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived