Reliable and Responsible cleaning service.

idman

Finally moving to Chiang Mai after 9 years in Surin. I will be living in a very nice Condo close by the Lanna Golf course. They have a cleaning service but want 700 baht evertime and a weeks notice. Sod that, I payed 400 baht to have a 3b/3b two story home cleaned in Surin. Is there cleaning services available at a reasonable price? I plan on using them twice a month to augment the daily cleaning I would do.

Yes, Christian Burmese are likely to be reliable. But, they may be looking for employment that is more "steady" than once very two weeks.. One source would be the Chiangmai Christian Community Classifieds: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHRLY3gUHs4xBGsUVlls-pnC4ofgODx-bkTN270g47I/pub#h.tzsqk8pc4orj

But, I think the people looking for work thru this source want more steady work.

If you're looking for a "maid service", then perhaps Fran's cleaning service, run by a Swiss lady with Thai staff: http://www.facleaningchiangmai.com/ Fran is a Swiss woman who runs a very well-regarded business, especially for people who only want their homes cleaned every two weeks.

And since that's what shows up at the top of the page with a Google search for "chiang mai maid service" then maybe, just maybe you aren't in Surin anymore.

Sorry but to point out the obvious, if 700 baht per visit was out of the question why in God's name would I pay 1300 baht? I think my best bet will be to ask for information from other Ex Pats at one of those breakfast get togethers.

As I said -- you're not in Surin anymore. You could probably get away with paying a maid 400 baht/day if you employed her everyday, but to expect someone to come in once every two weeks and tackle two weeks worth of build-up for this charge simply isn't realistic for Chiang Mai. 700 baht sounds fair for a 3b/3b house if every bed and bath is used by an active family.

Ever think about why so many young women leave Surin? Low wages and lack of employment opportunity have something to do with it.

Have you considering asking around in your neighborhood and see if someone is employing a maid who has some extra time available? Maybe you could get someone who could come for 1/2 day every week this way to keep conditions under control, rather than letting the mess build up and asking someone to come for a full day just every other week.

Archived