Thai man dies after trying to cross rickety old bridge in his 6 wheeled truck

snoop1130

Thai man dies after trying to cross rickety old bridge in his 6 wheeled truck

post-249866-0-29326500-1456236256_thumb.

AYUTTHAYA:-- A 38 year old man drowned on Sunday after the six-wheel truck he was driving plunged into a canal as he tried to drive it across a wooden bridge not suitable for vehicles heavier than a motorbike.

Witnesses told rescue workers that the driver appeared to be lost and had been asking for directions.

A 67 year old local man who saw the truck approaching the bridge asked the driver where he was going. The driver told the man he was trying to get to the other side of the canal to deliver some building materials to a construction site nearby.

The man informed the driver that it would not be possible to cross the bridge in such a heavy truck but the driver didn’t listen and told the man he was going to try.

The man then watched as the truck made its way to the middle of the bridge before it gave way with the truck plunging into the water below.

Police estimate the truck was carrying more than a tonne of sand and stone.

Source: Khaosod.co.th

tvn.png
-- 2016-02-23

What a day for Darwin Award nominees.

First the spoiled man-child hurling rocks at his mother's co-workers' cars in a tantrum attempt to extort 800K from her for high-speed bike and now someone who not only can't put enough common sense together to not attempt such a crossing but ignores the advise of some local who probably saw the bridge being built.

RIP, of course, but isn't it really better that his genes no longer have any chance of (further?) influencing the Thai population?

Assuming it was a fairly straight drop, it is surprising the man died. He had a chest injury and he choked on water. This could be drowning or it could be the process of death where the lungs fill with fluid. A seat belt may have saved his life. I don't suppose those 6-wheel trucks have airbags.

how do you drown with only one percent of the drivers cabin submerged in water????

That's one of the first things I thought, but then I put on my TVF CSI hat and made the following deduction.

He must have been knocked unconscious and been face-down. I assume the old man tried to do something if even only calling for help. If the other door that wasn't forced closed by the ground was locked, nobody could get in to help, even if they got there in time.

i spend most of my time here listening to the advice of older thais as i know they know more than me when it comes to local knowledge......and i dont even know what theyre saying half the time.

it would seem this brainiac thought he knew better than his elder.

Close to me there's a U-turn under a bridge, it has a sign Max. 2metre high....

About 5 times i've seen a high pickup been stuck under it causing huge traffic jams.

If you buy a driverslicense for 500 baht then how should you know what trafficsigns are?

Many disparaging remarks about the intelligence of the driver, but I will have you know that Thais are much smarter than we are ! How many times have you heard "Farang stupid, cannot speak Thai" smile.png

It is assumed you are speaking for yourself in which case you are right

Archived