Australian Teacher Found Dead Inside Hotel Room in Uttaradit

webfact

Australian Teacher Found Dead Inside Hotel Room
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

u.jpg
Rescue workers stand over the body of a 64-year-old Australian man found Tuesday night inside a room at the Grand Wana Hotel in Uttaradit province.

UTTARADIT — An Australian teacher was discovered dead inside a hotel room last night in northern Thailand.

Police were called to the Grand Wana Hotel in Uttaradit on Tuesday night after the hotel owner reported a suspicious smell from the guest’s room. The body of a 64-year-old Australian national discovered inside the room appeared to have been dead for over three days.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456290995

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-24

Wherever he is, may he be at peace. Living all alone in some remote small town, for 7 years in a small hotel room.

What a sad life he had. Nobody missed him....hmmm...

Don't make the wild assumption that he was sad because nobody missed him !

Wherever he is, may he be at peace. Living all alone in some remote small town, for 7 years in a small hotel room.

If anybody's living in a tiny hotel room for seven years and working as a teacher, you don't have to make any "assumptions."

However, it's sad and tragic.

I'd rather die in a tiny Thai room with air conditioning, a toilet and shower than live like many veterans and elderly in the US on the streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WE shouldn't be too serious about the death, it's part of our life. My wish is to pass away on a 19 year old when I'm 87.5 years old. Come and go.

I'd rather die in a tiny Thai room with air conditioning, a toilet and shower than live like many veterans and elderly in the US on the streets.

WE shouldn't be too serious about the death, it's part of our life. My wish is to pass away on a 19 year old when I'm 87.5 years old. Come and go.

PERV

Agreed. If you are a failure in your own country and having to live out the last years of your life on the streets, it is better to be in a warm place and be able to buy some food from the streets and survive by teaching. But it is still a miserable existance. Hope he had some friends to talk to and somebody who took care of him when he was sick or lonely.

Sometimes living alone and avoiding toxic, greedy relationships is a better life at that age! Independence is the new norm.

To the diseased RIP. To family and freids my sympathy.

But I also find myself thinking about the rescue teams, nurses and the like, who have to deal with traumatic events continually, whilst being paid only a basic sum. They, regardless of race or the country they work, provide a service that off goes unnoticed and seldom appreciated. I thank them.

A lot of presumptions being made here. Lonely, sad, nobody missing him? People have different priorities and preferences. He was a teacher and lived in a hotel for seven years happily (as far as we know) paying his rent on a monthly basis. How and why he died is unknown

you aren't what one would call a deep thinker are you.

You'd be better off with someone in their thirties, they'd know better what to do before and afterwards. But then, you wouldn't care, would you?

you aren't what one would call a deep thinker are you.

Please share your deep thoughts with us.

Neither myself nor anybody I know would be missed if we did not make contact with another person for 3 days....and I'm married here ( I sometimes like to go "walkabouts").....many of my friends choose not to tie themselves down with one particular lady so they live alone, they certainly would not lightly be missed within 3 days.......what are some of these posters on about?

Neither myself nor anybody I know would be missed if we did not make contact with another person for 3 days....and I'm married here ( I sometimes like to go "walkabouts").....many of my friends choose not to tie themselves down with one particular lady so they live alone, they certainly would not lightly be missed within 3 days.......what are some of these posters on about?

Fair enough, different strokes for different folks. Ok if you are happy to stay all alone in a cheap hotel room for over 9yrs and ocassionaly monger around for company and finally die without being missed until the stench from your rotting body alerts the neighbours.

Seriously, if i did not make contact for a day or a whole week, lot of people will be greatly concerned. Apart from my wife, child and work colleagues who will be immediately concerned, my sisters/brother, all of their children (we are all very close and chatter daily on whatsapp) will all get concerned. Even my dad, who is in his nineties, will ask my brother if i did not call him on sunday morning.

some kind of freshener fetish

Maybe trying to hide the smell of his dead body.

From whom?

From the authorities, post murder perhaps? ... I mean, it's highly unlikely he would deliberately try to cover the smell of his own demise... But not unlikely that a second party may come up with the idea

Three days is a good head start... And that there is a good head start on a conspiracy theory.

what a sanctimonious bunch of ***ts so many of the poster on this site are...!

There is of course the possibility that he was "content" with his lifestyle... There are worse options I could think of...

Though 64 isn't exactly old...

If anybody's living in a tiny hotel room for seven years and working as a teacher, you don't have to make any "assumptions."

However, it's sad and tragic.

Dear Sir,

I lived entirely alone in a small one room cabin in a remote location for 3 years. I had only an outhouse and hand pump well for water. I heated the place burning wood I chopped in the summer. I have only a radio and books for my entertainment. I could only get a ride to town once a week to get groceries. I was never happy, before or since.

Try and wrap your brain around that one...

Archived