Khon Kaen baby survives being buried alive

webfact

How unimaginably horrible. What horrible beast would have done such a heinous crime ? We don't know, at this stage, what circumstances would have led a person to commit such a crime, but in my books they have about as much humanity in them as the Nazi SS throwing babies into the furnaces.

This is one time I would support capital punishment. Man or woman, despite what ever perceived circumstances led them to do it. In this case I don't care too much for claims of insanity, that is the last refuge for many evil people.

I have been thinking more about this terrible crime. It is only speculation but looking at the damage done to this poor wee mite, the assailant could be a very young woman. Why, if a man wielded the knife surely with a man's strength the weapon would have done more damage, even one blow would have been done to the chest or stomach. But is seems to be a whole lot of little stabs. Each by itself not doing a great deal of damage, by evidence that the child is still alive.

My speculation: Very young girl, fallen pregnant, pregnancy hidden from parents, labor has come in a paddy somewhere, the baby cries and in a panic the girl makes feeble stabs at the child, possibly wanting to quieten it. Then in a panic buries it, in a shallow grave, not being able to dig a deeper one because of weakness.

Plausible ? I don't know, this story will haunt me until the assailant is identified. If this assumption is right and a young girl is identified, I certainly withdraw by comment about capital punishment. She will be in dire need of help. And where the s**t do you get that in rural Thailand.

And the hypothetical young girl would have been carrying a sharp instrument for what purpose?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally I do not click on sad posts like this, but for goodness sake people!! Speechless like many more I am sure. I can not read the whole story, sorry.

Please, all those people who write "Oh could happen anywhere" don't ok. This is a sad enough story without you "nice" people making it worse.

I really do sympathise with your point of view... Truly

But... This can and does happen anywhere and everywhere, and as tragic as that is, or because it's so tragic, these occurrences need as much publicity as the public... That's US... Can generate

Those with gods, should prey... Those with influence, should weild that influence to highlight the blight that is infanticide... Whilst trying not to overly condemn the parent, who was probably in a state which western lawyers would claim to be "temporary insanity."

To do nothing is akin to complicity. So rave and rant and ensure the world knows of these things... It's perhaps a small step to stopping the practice... And a small step is better than no step at all

Now there's an incredibly ominous misspelling.

Terrible situation and understandably lots of strong condemnation. However let's take a step back and consider another possibility. We all know there are many unwanted pregnancies with young and often underage girls especially in rural villages. The usual scenario is that the child's "father" does a runner leaving the girl to deal with the consequences. Poor family who can hardly afford to feed themselves, a daughter who is devastated by the shame she brings to her family and therefore hides her pregnancy until the baby arrives. After the trauma of giving birth and being in considerable pain and alone she desperately does the only thing she feels she can do and tries to kill the child. An unbelievably tragic situation for a 13 year old child to deal with. which will haunt her for her whole life.

Of course that is only a possible scenario but so are the ones that many posters have assumed as fact

And the trend is to abolish the Death Penalty worldwide? Surely that would be well deserved in this case. By all means, try to rehabilitate the poor misguided creature with a sad family background who did this but not before he or she had been executed.

Terrible situation and understandably lots of strong condemnation. However let's take a step back and consider another possibility. We all know there are many unwanted pregnancies with young and often underage girls especially in rural villages. The usual scenario is that the child's "father" does a runner leaving the girl to deal with the consequences. Poor family who can hardly afford to feed themselves, a daughter who is devastated by the shame she brings to her family and therefore hides her pregnancy until the baby arrives. After the trauma of giving birth and being in considerable pain and alone she desperately does the only thing she feels she can do and tries to kill the child. An unbelievably tragic situation for a 13 year old child to deal with. which will haunt her for her whole life.

Of course that is only a possible scenario but so are the ones that many posters have assumed as f

At present the doctors are saying Nong Aidin has a 100% chance of survival if no infection sets in.

As everyone remarks it's horrible beyond words, burying a live baby and stabbing it too. I wonder if the stabbing came from a jealous boyfriend who found out the baby wasn't his, it's almost unbelievable a mother could do that herself to her own child.

How unimaginably horrible. What horrible beast would have done such a heinous crime ? We don't know, at this stage, what circumstances would have led a person to commit such a crime, but in my books they have about as much humanity in them as the Nazi SS throwing babies into the furnaces.

This is one time I would support capital punishment. Man or woman, despite what ever perceived circumstances led them to do it. In this case I don't care too much for claims of insanity, that is the last refuge for many evil people.

I have been thinking more about this terrible crime. It is only speculation but looking at the damage done to this poor wee mite, the assailant could be a very young woman. Why, if a man wielded the knife surely with a man's strength the weapon would have done more damage, even one blow would have been done to the chest or stomach. But is seems to be a whole lot of little stabs. Each by itself not doing a great deal of damage, by evidence that the child is still alive.

My speculation: Very young girl, fallen pregnant, pregnancy hidden from parents, labor has come in a paddy somewhere, the baby cries and in a panic the girl makes feeble stabs at the child, possibly wanting to quieten it. Then in a panic buries it, in a shallow grave, not being able to dig a deeper one because of weakness.

Plausible ? I don't know, this story will haunt me until the assailant is identified. If this assumption is right and a young girl is identified, I certainly withdraw by comment about capital punishment. She will be in dire need of help. And where the s**t do you get that in rural Thailand.

And the hypothetical young girl would have been carrying a sharp instrument for what purpose?

Yes I agree and was thinking about that. It still puzzles me why the stabs were not as devastating as would be expected. Was it a knife, we don't know yet. Was it something she picked up off the ground ? A sharp piece of wood, I don't know. Just hope the little guy survives.

Some "civilized" countries have alleviated this crime against children by allowing for an abortion-on-demand where the Doctor tears the child's limbs off and crushes its head while removing it from the womb and selling the body parts...this is so much better...I have been told...

You have been reading to much Republican propaganda !!!! (this was already proven to be a lie !!!)

http://liveactionnews.org/former-abortionist-describes-horrific-dismemberment-abortions-during-planned-parenthood-hearing/

A former abortionist who said he had performed some 1,200 abortions before his conversion to pro-life activist, said Thursday at a House subcommittee hearing that abortion causes pain to unborn babies.

“If anybody thinks that ripping off arms and legs and crushing these children the way we’re doing during these procedures isn’t painful, they’re just kidding themselves ... badly kidding themselves,” Dr. Anthony Levatino said at a hearing on the District of Columbia Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/former-abortionist-if-anybody-thinks-ripping-arms-and-legs-isnt-painful

In fact Richards defended the sales of aborted baby body parts by saying she is “proud” of those sales and claiming that a small number of Planned Parenthood abortion facilities sell aborted baby parts.

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/09/30/planned-parenthood-ceo-confirms-it-will-not-stop-selling-body-parts-from-aborted-babies/

so sad, there were so many other options instead of this, most heinous choice.

There are so many couples out there that would do anything to have the opportunity to raise this child.

I know that whoever did this was likely young, scared and confused but if the youth in this country was better educated about their choices in these matters then maybe this could be avoided.

We hear about this so often here. Yes, we do hear about this in the West too but everything that could be done to avoid this should be done and education is a good first step.

As an adopted child myself, I know there are many good homes and loving parents waiting and hopping to take care of a baby and would do all they can to provide a good life for it.

So glad the child is alive and well. Best wishes for your future little fella.

I know that whoever did this was likely young, scared and confused but if the youth in this country was better educated about their choices in these matters then maybe this could be avoided.

In every million mothers about 30 kill their baby, in the UK the rate of infanticide is higher than the adult murder rate. This says very little about Thailand, post natal depression effects mothers regardless of education and so we see these tragic things occurring the world over.

Yet another comparison,, yawn. Also, what a load of old bunkum.. So you believe that more babies under 12 months old are murdered in the UK then adults! Please tell me where you got these "statistics" from because they are not on the NSPCC website.

So, according to you the UK has an endemic problem with baby murderers? Oh please,,,

Stop sniffing / drinking / smoking whatever it is and come back to reality.

Below are a couple of websites for you to chew on but in summary here are the "facts" about 550 people are murdered in the UK every year, the number of "children" murdered is a little unclear but it is considered to be approximately 50 to 60 (between 1999 and 2009 nearly 600 child murders reported), now this is all child deaths so under 16, the murder of babies under 12 months old will be very small indeed.

In summary you are talking b*llocks.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/ampp3d/bedfordshire-murder-capital-britain-see-5190085

http://straightstatistics.fullfact.org/article/how-many-children-are-murdered-britain-every-year

There are so many couples out there that would do anything to have the opportunity to raise this child.

We hear about this so often here. Yes, we do hear about this in the West too but everything that could be done to avoid this should be done and education is a good first step.

As an adopted child myself, I know there are many good homes and loving parents waiting and hopping to take care of a baby and would do all they can to provide a good life for it.

Agree strongly with all your points. Let's look at it positively, this baby has been abandoned by someone who clearly was not in a stable mind to take of the poor fella, so you could say that he is extremely lucky in that he will likely find a better home now.

His saving is pretty miraculous, in a short time he would have surely perished and it would have probably have been some time before he was found. As it is a good lady and her family found him, rescued him and got him the care he needed. This is probably his first step towards a better life with love and stability form a family such as you describe.

As for the people who did this, well I hope they find them and punish them accordingly but also get them the help they so clearly need.

Good luck to the little man, he is hopefully now on his way to a happy life.

Doctor says earth helps save stabbed baby from death

KHON KAEN: -- The new-born baby who survived 14 knife wounds and underground burial escaped death miraculously because all the wounds were covered with earth which helped stop the bleeding and loss of blood, said Dr Charnchai Chanvorachaikul, director of Khon Kaen provincial hospital, on Thursday.

The baby boy, named Ai Din (Earth Smell) by staff at the hospital, remains in intensive care unit today and breathes with the help of a respirator. He has some fever caused by the knife wounds which have been cleaned by nurses.

Dr Charnchai said doctors would try to remove the respirator today because the device has made it impossible for a hole punctured by a knife to be closed. For the time being, he said the baby was not allowed food nor water but if the condition has improved he would be fed with milk and food.

The doctor noted that the most important thing for the time being is to prevent the baby from getting infected and, in which case, he will have up to 100 percent chance of survival.

Ai Din was accidentally found by a cattle raiser at a rice field in Wang Yai district of Khon Kaen. He suffered 14 knife wounds with a few penetrating his lung. He was buried face down under a eucalyptus tree.

Khon Kaen provincial police commander, Pol Maj-Gen Chitcharoon Srivanich, said police have been looking for the baby’s parents and others under suspicion. He believes that the perpetrator or perpetrators are people in the neighbourhood.

Police have found blood-stained napkins and papers at and near the crime scene and have them sent to a lab at Srinagarind hospital for DNA tests.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152429

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-26

What do you know..........miracles can happen in the LOS. This is great news. While it seems he has a long way to go to recovery, this little one has a heart of a champion and I hope that he can make a speedy recovery. I also hope they find the person(s) responsible. This was attempted murder and they should be behind bars until death.

Been a member for quite some time now, but never actually felt compelled to comment. No doubt due to the level of stupidity, negativity and pure maliciousness offered forward in various posts.

Anyway, after such and ugly start to his little life, I sincerely Hope and Pray that the little fella finds someone to give him all the love and care that is surely every child’s right to expect in this life…

In every million mothers about 30 kill their baby, in the UK the rate of infanticide is higher than the adult murder rate. This says very little about Thailand, post natal depression effects mothers regardless of education and so we see these tragic things occurring the world over.

Yet another comparison,, yawn. Also, what a load of old bunkum.. So you believe that more babies under 12 months old are murdered in the UK then adults! Please tell me where you got these "statistics" from because they are not on the NSPCC website.

So, according to you the UK has an endemic problem with baby murderers? Oh please,,,

Stop sniffing / drinking / smoking whatever it is and come back to reality.

Below are a couple of websites for you to chew on but in summary here are the "facts" about 550 people are murdered in the UK every year, the number of "children" murdered is a little unclear but it is considered to be approximately 50 to 60 (between 1999 and 2009 nearly 600 child murders reported), now this is all child deaths so under 16, the murder of babies under 12 months old will be very small indeed.

In summary you are talking b*llocks.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/ampp3d/bedfordshire-murder-capital-britain-see-5190085

http://straightstatistics.fullfact.org/article/how-many-children-are-murdered-britain-every-year

No, I do not believe that more babies are murdered, I KNOW that the rate is higher, as in how many per million. Or do you not really understand that?

But yeah, it's a small number, and the same one I quoted above, just 30 in 1 million although other sources quote 45 per million. Well guess what you genius, there are more adults than babies in the UK so in number the murders are higher, but I didn't say that, i said the rate is higher, which it is. Adult murders are about 10 per million, so infanticide actually has a rate by three times that of adult murders. Starting to get it now?

I do not think 30 in 1 million is an epidemic, you thought that all by yourself.

Before accusing others of drug abuse you might care to learn some basic maths, the above being primary school level.

I have no idea why you assume the stat would be on the NSPCC website, but then you are hardly coming across as a bright spark.

Here is a publication from the National institute of Health confirming what I have said and rubbishing what you said.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8264367

And why the irrelevant links?

Woman nabbed under suspicion of harming a new-born baby in Khon Kaen

KHON KAEN: -- Khon Kaen police have detained a woman suspected of attempting to murder a new-born baby boy who was stabbed and buried in an empty rice field because he was miraculously rescued.

Police did not identify the woman but said that she was cooperative with them in the investigation. She was taken to a hospital for physical examination and for DNA tests to find out if the blood matches with the blood sample collected at the scene where the baby was found and rescued.

A witness reportedly told police that the suspect was spotted arriving at the crime scene in a motorcycle. She and the biker stopped at a shade in the rice field for a while before leaving.

Police said that the baby might have been stabbed by his own parents because they are not ready to have a family or he might have been harmed by a third party who wanted to take revenue on the parents.

The baby’s condition has steadily improved as doctors have reduced the use of respirator but he is still kept under close monitoring for fear of infection.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152587

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-26

soo soo Nong Ai din, let's hope the little fella's gonna make it. I didn't think it would take the police long to catch the suspects so long as they didn't flee the area birth records at nearby hospitals would give them away. Imagine being Ai din in a few years and learning about what mum did to you after birth. jeez, it's unimaginable.

Still a very strange story, even for Thailand. I will be very happy when the wee mite is discharged from hospital to a loving family.

Before I was too quick to condemn the assailants, probably out of shock and dismay, but I am very interested to see how this pans out, and if necessary the appropriate punishment handed out.

Shocking how anyone could do this to a defenceless baby this could only be done by an uneducated moron sorry but it just makes me so angry, so many other options available in the 21st century, dont want family use a condom go on the birth control pill but dont have a child then try to murder it, so wrong in all accounts just no excuse for this type of behaviour.

Infanticide is generally the result of insanity not stupidity. Do you really think stupid people kill babies? To be perfectly honest, your post is an example of something that could only have been done by an uneducated moron.

holier then tho are you , and dishonest . Jim never said stupid , you did , you are not capable of being "perfectly honest" , anyone that uses that phrase is lying from the get go ......... ahhh...the name calling and sad attempt to belittle someone from behind a keyboard , my my you have all of markings of a douche bag .

Shocking how anyone could do this to a defenceless baby this could only be done by an uneducated moron sorry but it just makes me so angry, so many other options available in the 21st century, dont want family use a condom go on the birth control pill but dont have a child then try to murder it, so wrong in all accounts just no excuse for this type of behaviour.

Infanticide is generally the result of insanity not stupidity. Do you really think stupid people kill babies? To be perfectly honest, your post is an example of something that could only have been done by an uneducated moron.

holier then tho are you , and dishonest . Jim never said stupid , you did , you are not capable of being "perfectly honest" , anyone that uses that phrase is lying from the get go ......... ahhh...the name calling and sad attempt to belittle someone from behind a keyboard , my my you have all of markings of a douche bag .

Jim said moron, that means a stupid person, I was not being dishonest, I just understood the word he used, lol

Lets hope they. the culprit(s) will recieve psychiatric trearment asap.

Ai Din deserves life and love, which obviously these thugs wern't ready to give.

I always have trouble controling my emotions when innocent children are brutalized.......wherever in the world.

Archived