Majority of people polled satisfied with PM's leadership, decisiveness, transparency

webfact

These numbers are rubbish. 1250 people in a country of 65 million. Nobody voted for him. I do not believe in the integrity of this poll. In a similar story, Kim Jong Un recently received a 99.6 approval rating. The other .4 percent are having a permanent nap.

These numbers are rubbish. 1250 people in a country of 65 million. Nobody voted for him. I do not believe in the integrity of this poll. In a similar story, Kim Jong Un recently received a 99.6 approval rating. The other .4 percent are having a permanent nap.

I thought the same.. until i started reading more about statistics, I had it as one of my subjects to study long ago.. so i refreshed and 1250 is a fair size poll

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm#one

I'm ex-mil, I don't have a problem with how he leads, but I sense it's starting to get old and in time, the fuse on the powder keg will be lit.....again. Wash, rinse, repeat. The US, even with its ills, and as much as I hate to admit, is starting to look like an option. Damn!

I'm ex mil but have been a civvy long enough NOT to take orders without question. I prefer democracy with its checks and balances, with a govt put into place by the people. I like the military to be a servant of the people controlled by the people's government.

In my village the red shirts are hanging back outside there homes that's how much they like him

Who is responsible for hanging these red shirts? What did they do wrong?
If their hands are tied behind their backs you will probably find that they did it themselves.

Makes a change from running into bullets I suppose!

I'm ex-mil, I don't have a problem with how he leads, but I sense it's starting to get old and in time, the fuse on the powder keg will be lit.....again. Wash, rinse, repeat. The US, even with its ills, and as much as I hate to admit, is starting to look like an option. Damn!

I'm ex mil but have been a civvy long enough NOT to take orders without question. I prefer democracy with its checks and balances, with a govt put into place by the people. I like the military to be a servant of the people controlled by the people's government.

I'm ex military too, and like you I come from a military tradition which emphasizes a Civilian Government controlling the military.

As a relatively long serving soldier I would suggest that few if any Senior Officers are equipped to run a government.

As for leadership I make no claim to be an expert (I suspect that the chaps followed me out of faint curiosity and a morbid desire to witness my next c*ck up) but this fellow with his temper tantrums, threats to people, lack of empathy and apparent personal insecurity would have certainly struggled in my military.

First off, survey data like this is only useful when it is trended over time. Is he doing better or worse? Furthermore, reading the results the response is in fact mediocre, nothing to write home about. If one of my brand managers brought me a report like this I would tell them their brand does not look very healthy. Again, without comparable trend results you can't tell if this brand is on its way up or down.

Majority of people polled satisfied with PM's... transparency

A few days ago, Prayuth appeared angry when Thais demanded the government increase transparency. He reportedly said, “I beg you not to dig up anything. There is no benefit in so doing. My government is here today to solve problems. I have so many burdens on my shoulder. My wife is also in this difficult situation. I just want some kind of moral support from you. I need your understanding. But the media has tried to dig up many issues. So have some politicians. I must say that you cannot do that for the time being.”

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

A few points.

1. The sample size is fine, presuming that the samples were randomly selected and represent a statistical cross-section of the population.

2. That presumption is likely not met, seeing as NIDA the pollster set up their own booth actually within the protest site prior to the present government's establishment, indicating a strong connection to and bias towards one side in a highly polarized society.

3. The government explicitly stated that poll results that reflected poorly upon the government's performance or individuals involved therein would not be allowed to be published. This means that any polling, regardless of whether the pollster is independent or not, is completely without merit or benefit since by law only positive results can be published and we cannot even hear about negative ones.

So yes, this is just another attempted spin job by the government's preferred doctors. That even they are indicating a significant drop in satisfaction and support demonstrates that the more sensible of those who supported the current situation are having second thoughts. That alone should give some pause to the djjamies of this world. But of course, it won't.

The guy is so insecure, it's pathetic.

These constant "you love me" polls.

Excellent analysis here:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1455356637&section=02

"Subject is driven by a deep need for acceptance and legitimacy."

"Countless case studies of ... who came to power by taking it, struggle to be loved by those who would have preferred to choose who led them."

“I don’t know what to do. When I speak at length (on compulsory-broadcast TV monologues every Friday evening) people don’t listen and want to watch soaps." laugh.png

"...for his decisiveness, leadership, and transparency, the scores given to the prime minister are over 70%"

Therein lies the glaring BS factor.

Very funny analysis by Khaosod, but it must be remembered that Prayuth like Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot couldn't work alone. Time for the squaddies to lay down their arms and go home.

The guy is so insecure, it's pathetic.

These constant "you love me" polls

Where do you think he got that mentality from....He was born into it and served

for a very long time as a young man in the Queens Guard.

Ever see a poll asking for a Thai's opinion on anything that by all world standards is "Draconian"

No need for that, right? EVERYONE answers their Devotion and Loyalty or face Many years in prison.

Thailand the New North Korea...Same/Same...but Different!

Archived