Hit-and-run driver kills Indian man in Phuket

webfact

Hit-and-run driver kills Indian man in Phuket
Phuket Gazette

p5.jpeg
The driver of the truck fled the scene. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Police are hunting the driver of a fuel-transport truck who fled the scene after killing an Indian man on the roads of Phuket last night.

“Cheriya Parambil Johi, 40, sustained a serious head injury in a motorbike crash on the bypass road and was pronounced dead at the scene. The other passenger, Thai national Veera Morthong, 28, was also seriously injured,” said Lt Col Chana Suthimas of the Phuket City Police.

Police found an Ital-Thai Construction Company fuel truck nearby that was allegedly involved in the accident. However, the driver was gone.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Hitandrun-driver-kills-Indian-man-Phuket/63239?desktopversion#ad-image-1

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-02-25

How tees building companies and all other involved "planners" have messed up by-pass road is unbelievable and 100 % headless.

Not only, a road construction like this should be busy with workers 24/7 at max. speed, to get it finished asap. But not here. bah.gifbah.gif

Add the local driving habits and you just need to wait for accidents to happen.

?? most construction trucks drive 10x better than most farangs i see here and a lot better than most thais too.

Sometimes you see a complete nutbar in one of those big trucks but usually they are calm and always looking around to make sure they dont run over someone and they even give way.

?? most construction trucks drive 10x better than most farangs i see here and a lot better than most thais too.

Sometimes you see a complete nutbar in one of those big trucks but usually they are calm and always looking around to make sure they dont run over someone and they even give way.

I agree, they seem to be amongst the most courteous of drivers, most of them, not this one obviously.

I agree, they seem to be amongst the most courteous of drivers, most of them, not this one obviously.

How would you know? It's easy on a bike to decide to cut in front of a big truck and start slowing down, i see a lot of people here doing this

"im a speedster!"

- cuts in front of a person

"hmm let's slow down 1 second"

- other persons slams the break

Happens every 30seconds, if you've ever been on the roads in phuket. It's sad but most motorbike accidents are the fault of the motorbike driver, there's only so much you can do behind a car when people throw themselves non stop on your car, can't dodge them all.

Of course he has fled the scene. He is probably drinking lots of water to flush his system.

Then he will turn up at the police station with a company lawyer, and some lame excuse.

RIP Indian dude. sad.png

If you know tourists, please tell them to stop zigzagging on the way up the construction on bypass. So many tourists take the 2 lanes on that stretch and they always end up almost dying. As seen here, its dangerous.

I agree with you and so many tourists are a danger to both themselves and other on the road it's frightening to watch but Cheriya Parambil Johi (Joseph) was not a tourists and had lived and worked on the Island for many years and was aware the dangers of driving /riding here.

He will be missed by many people here on the Island.

If you know tourists, please tell them to stop zigzagging on the way up the construction on bypass. So many tourists take the 2 lanes on that stretch and they always end up almost dying. As seen here, its dangerous.

I agree with you and so many tourists are a danger to both themselves and other on the road it's frightening to watch but Cheriya Parambil Johi (Joseph) was not a tourists and had lived and worked on the Island for many years and was aware the dangers of driving /riding here.

Im all for respecting the dead but this incessant need to accuse everyone in the bigger car on thaivisa yet trash talking thais about their rule being the same(the usual "wha wha, bigger engine always in the wrong, damn those uneducated etc etc" is very annoying. As soon as there is a motorbike death, theres thousands of posters coming in and accusing the bigger car to be at fault. Not only are those speculations against the TOS of Thaivisa, its illegal in Thailand(defamation).

A large percentage of expats still drive just as bad as recent tourists. If you can drive just make sure to insult and attack every single person you know that drives dangerously untill they learn, because we've seen that a logical approach to road safety doesnt work. Just like back home, the only way to keep people safe is to have them babysat on the road by constant police and high fines.

Im all for respecting the dead but this incessant need to accuse everyone in the bigger car on thaivisa yet trash talking thais about their rule being the same(the usual "wha wha, bigger engine always in the wrong, damn those uneducated etc etc" is very annoying. As soon as there is a motorbike death, theres thousands of posters coming in and accusing the bigger car to be at fault. Not only are those speculations against the TOS of Thaivisa, its illegal in Thailand(defamation).

A large percentage of expats still drive just as bad as recent tourists. If you can drive just make sure to insult and attack every single person you know that drives dangerously untill they learn, because we've seen that a logical approach to road safety doesnt work. Just like back home, the only way to keep people safe is to have them babysat on the road by constant police and high fines.

Yes, maybe big cars can file a lawsuit

Archived